The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean aren't those basically like Andy Capp's Hot Fries? I've been eating those things as long as I can remember.

229314.jpg

Love hot fries but nothing like those.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the hell? Calbee is an asian company, specifically their number 1 product is shrimp chips
511ltcy8AyL.jpg

btw, i prefer them over nongshim shrimp chips.
Yea, I did a search for Calbee at Walmart.com and noticed all the different types of stuff they have. These chip fries though are by far my favorite.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just ate the rest of that Ben & Jerry's pint, purely due to peer pressure.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Welp tried to go to th Chick-fil-A but the cops have the roads shut down to it and there’s a line about 40 long on the one street from the residential area left open. WIll have to try again later tonight.

I still don't to this day understand people putting themselves through pure hell on an endeavor that takes hours in order to save 4 bucks.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Firehouse Subs- never been. Science dictates. Discuss.

Somewhat similar to togo's if you have one of those. I had one by me when we lived in florida and they got old fast as hell. A few weeks after "discovering" them and getting em a couple times a week, we quit going and maybe got them once or twice over the next couple years.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Firehouse Subs- never been. Science dictates. Discuss.
Sandwiches are good, bread is mediocre to average. Better than Subway probably not as good as Quiznos. I'm a pretty big fan of the hero but it's not really worth going too out of the way for.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Get the classic italian and locate the Gator Hammock hot sauce.

Thank me later.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The Kings Hawaiian Pulled Pork and Slaw sandwich at Firehouse is one of the greatest subs you can find. I think it's a summer seasonal promotion. Definitely pick it up when it becomes available.

I also think Firehouse has one of the best meatball subs you'll find at large chains.

I'm kind of sad, because the closest Firehouse to me is where my last relationship had some of its best memories. Going there now just leads to crushing sadness.

• 1Like

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Kings Hawaiian Pulled Pork and Slaw sandwich at Firehouse is one of the greatest subs you can find. I think it's a summer seasonal promotion. Definitely pick it up when it becomes available.

I also think Firehouse has one of the best meatball subs you'll find at large chains.

I'm kind of sad, because the closest Firehouse to me is where my last relationship had some of its best memories. Going there now just leads to crushing sadness.

Meatball sub is really good. I get it with their house sweet & spicy sauce, good times for me.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not fast food per say, but we don't have a chinese food or as the case would be Thai food thread.

I'm in a food desert right now as far as being very far away from the states asian markets/restraurants where nothing is in English. But I happened across a bunch of random wierd ramen flavors at safeway (wierd as in dont usually see though I know what they are). Popped open the maruchan Tom yum noodle cup and after cooking.... holy fuck I missed that smell. Galangal, lime, lemongrass. And spurred my memory from my Thai girlfriend days of a restaurant in sorta poor white/mexican people area (probably gentrified by now)

This place, Google Maps Woodys wings and things..... american name. Actually have a really good burger, strangely it's steamed or something different. Never tried the wings. But on the side they also are a legit scary to white folk asian restaurant. (Check the pics on the google maps link)

My 2 very favoritest things that I can't get at any normal american chinese place is Tom Yum with the fish paste. (Kinda like fish ground up into a burger and spread around in the soup) And Beef Black bean Lad Na with a faint drizzle of sugar on it.

Havn't been there in a decade, but usually always amazed people that had never been to more to a buffet or generic american chinese #62. And at least back then was cheap for a ton of food.

Going to make the 50 mile trip once I'm back to work in a couple weeks for sure. Figured I'd drop the reference here if someone happens to be in Colorado anytime soon and looking for something unique (if not colorado themed, but fuck it all we have is green chile and rocky mountain oysters)