The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Saw an email for stuffed crust pan pizza from Pizza Hut and had to get it! Stuffed Crust pizza is my all time favorite, and it fucking sucks that the up charge for it as gone from $1 to $3 over the last couple years.

Got 1 large 1 topping for $14.99, and threw on the stuffed garlic knots for good measure. Food for days!

I'd give it a 6 maybe 7 outta 10. Because of my love for Stuffed Crust pizza, I haven't had a Pizza Hut pan pizza in a really long time, and it seems super thin compared to what it used to be? But it still has that awesome pan pizza flavor, and then you get to the end and somehow cheese is baked in and it's awesome!

Apparently they did this all the way back in 2009? Found this YOutube video: Just watched the video, and it's certainly changed since 2009. The ring of cheese is "stuffed" inside the crust, and isn't just chilling around the outside.

MOTHER OF GOD ITS BACK

This fucking thing is insanely awesome, and i'm not even a pizza hut fan. I thought it was gone forever!

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
preservation isn't the point. they just taste better when they're cold!
Never tried it, but i feel like the increased waxiness would be off-putting. Back in the day i could go through a box in a swiss cake rolls in 2 hrs easy.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Never tried it, but i feel like the increased waxiness would be off-putting. Back in the day i could go through a box in a swiss cake rolls in 2 hrs easy.

best thing about cold Swiss Cake Rolls is the layers become much easier to separate. which is great if you're like me and eat them by peeling them apart rather than just grabbing and munching.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just tried Flamethrower burger from DQ for the first time. They're good, but not as amazing as everyone was saying. Decent burger, just basically creamy buffalo sauce, standard burger veggies, and the best part was weirdly the bun. Not sure if it's garlic buttered or it's a sweet type of bread, but the last two bites had a higher bread to burger ratio and tasted the best. All in all not bad, but I was expecting a lot more from all the praise they get in this thread.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just tried Flamethrower burger from DQ for the first time. They're good, but not as amazing as everyone was saying. Decent burger, just basically creamy buffalo sauce, standard burger veggies, and the best part was weirdly the bun. Not sure if it's garlic buttered or it's a sweet type of bread, but the last two bites had a higher bread to burger ratio and tasted the best. All in all not bad, but I was expecting a lot more from all the praise they get in this thread.

Burn the heretic!

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
If you're in Salt Lake City or Utah County, do yourself a favor and find one of the three Scaddy's locations.

Their "Wayne Burgers" are 11/10.

It was like eating the Platonic Ideal of a hamburger.

ChucksGrub.jpg

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else like dried fruits? Been on a kick lately where I pick up packages of dried peaches, and tangerines. Shit's so good.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuck the Snickers, but I love the shit out of refrigerated 3 Musketeers. Freezing them gets them too hard for my shitty teeth, but the fridge gets them just right.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone else like dried fruits? Been on a kick lately where I pick up packages of dried peaches, and tangerines. Shit's so good.

Whenever we head to the Filipino store I always buy a few packages of dried mango. Shit is so good.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Careful bro. I once at like 10-20 dried apricots. Turns out one of the preservatives they use for dried fruit is like phosphorous or something and it makes you fart like, incredibly bad. I'm not talking like "Oh yeah, that makes me fart." I mean like medically induced farting. I couldn't sleep because for about 4-6 hours that night I was just farting SO fucking hard. It didn't smell or anything but I just COULD NOT STOP FARTING. Like, it sounds really funny, and it probably was, but imagine the hiccups but for your butt. That's what it does.

Now if you have a free Saturday and you want to try for yourself? I'd say go for it. I wasn't in pain or anything but it was just constant and powerful. Felt like fucking Avatar of Wind or some shit.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Careful bro. I once at like 10-20 dried apricots. Turns out one of the preservatives they use for dried fruit is like phosphorous or something and it makes you fart like, incredibly bad. I'm not talking like "Oh yeah, that makes me fart." I mean like medically induced farting. I couldn't sleep because for about 4-6 hours that night I was just farting SO fucking hard. It didn't smell or anything but I just COULD NOT STOP FARTING. Like, it sounds really funny, and it probably was, but imagine the hiccups but for your butt. That's what it does.

Now if you have a free Saturday and you want to try for yourself? I'd say go for it. I wasn't in pain or anything but it was just constant and powerful. Felt like fucking Avatar of Wind or some shit.

White Castle has this same exact effect.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

it's as much t he fiber. And only 'California style' are dried with sulfur (dioxide?), the shriveled ones. Also, 20 dried apricots is amateur hour :p

Xevy

Log Wizard
it's as much t he fiber. And only 'California style' are dried with sulfur (dioxide?), the shriveled ones. Also, 20 dried apricots is amateur hour :p

I more than whole-heartedly support some one eating 20+ dried apricots and documenting it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

i picked up a bag of dried cherries last time i was at the store, and have not tried them yet. i'm looking forward to it, tho. :)

the trick with dried fruits, guys, is to realize that you're rehydrating them in your stomach. need to up the water intake considerably when consuming them.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love dried fruit but there is a LOT of fiber in it. I've never noticed the farting, but if you eat a lot of dried apricots you shouldn't go anywhere without quick access to a toilet.