The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just make your own fresh dried fruit, if the sulphor dioxide is bad.

or just get organic dried fruits, no sulphor dioxide is allowed, and it's just sun dried
ORGANIC TURKISH APRICOTS SULFUR-FREE - BULK SIZE - 2.1lbs (34oz) - Kosher Non-GMO Sun-Dried
71OK96K8BqL._SX522_.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The dried fruit challenge. A large coffee + a bag of dried fruit for breakfast. Then get in your car for the morning commute before using the bathroom.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any reports on arbys vs carls new bbq sammies? Only will get to try one in the near future.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've tried the Memphis BBQ Burger at Hardee's once and it's pretty solid. I think it might be better if it were just a bigger pile of BBQ instead of the burger, but that's really just splitting hairs tbh. Will eat again several more times.

I've also tried the Arby's Bourbon BBQ "Steak" once, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about either. They call it "steak" but it didn't stand out as being any better than their regular roast beef. Maybe in a side-by-side comparison there's a difference, but the "steak" is nothing special. The bacon is good, but the sugar flavor was stronger than the bacon flavor. The sweetness was distracting when combined with the other ingredients. Don't get me wrong, I'd eat the hell out of some kind of super sweet bacon flavored desert like a maple bacon shake or whatever. But on a sandwich, bacon should taste like bacon, not a piece of bacon-shaped sugar.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Had the bourbon BBQ brisket from Arby's the other day. Was pretty good taste-wise, but there wasn't as much meat on it as I was hoping. Not sure if it was just a one-time bad prep or not. Would definitely eat again, though.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went looking for Wasabi Dorito's today and couldn't find any. So I grabbed these instead. Gotta say, I like the Great Value Jalepeno better. Waiting til next week to try the Jacked Ranch hotwings so I don't feel like a pig.

1525632454028.png

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whomever suggested the McDonald's bagel, heaven bless you.
It was so clean and refreshing as compared to a biscuit. Running on 1hr sleep and it was life saver.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the bourbon BBQ brisket from Arby's the other day. Was pretty good taste-wise, but there wasn't as much meat on it as I was hoping. Not sure if it was just a one-time bad prep or not. Would definitely eat again, though.
It could have scaled down even more, but arby's brisket always has been skimpy seeming - mainly due to cut

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It could have scaled down even more, but arby's brisket always has been skimpy seeming - mainly due to cut

I didn't expect a giant stack of meat from a fast food company, the survive off skimpy quantities. That being said, the flavour presented by a fast food company as well as quality was impressive.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was pretty happy with the carl's bbq sammy. Little irked I ordered the bbq waffle fries and numb nuts rang it up as a large normal waffle fry. Hot and delicious but not what I was allowing myself to splurge on after passing the Sheriff's physical and weeping because I gaffed on one of the oral board questions I think.

• 1Quality Calories

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
was probably me. what meat did you get?
late for work after pulling the allnighter to make the deadline, I didn't reinvent the wheel - I just get the #5 sandwich only: bacon egg and cheese - the bagel somehow made the egg shine. That never happens. and the distribution. .. clean is the word my brain keeps calling it.

for lunch, with my bogo app coupon, I science'd Artisan Garlic Cheddar Pounder = Fail
I don't understand fundamentally what it was going for, so the breakdown :
Like no sauce. It may have even had no sauce. I would suspect a lathering of garlic aioli
It was covered in these odd circular red tinted potato chip things. The crunch offered was minimal their shape caused them to fall out, so I dropped a few onto lap (luckily no sauce to mark my pants). They had a mild garlic flavor, but far moreso was salt. I don't detect salt very well - when most complain of salt, I literally couldn't even tell; so I'm not sure what mortals think when I say "too salty."
The white cheese wasn't strong enough to carry the burger on its back.
The garlic was mild. it wasn't fancy jazzy garlic. It was just garlic. breath garlic.
In conclusion, it was worthless, lackluster and without purpose.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find that the garlic sauce is what gives me the explosive diarrhea from Papa John's. In theory I could just not eat it, but in that case, why order Papa John's?
What technique do you use with the garlic sauce?
A) Dunk crust;
B) dunk slice;
C) pour onto and fold to contain;
D) pour onto and rotate slice around to have it thin out and reach all surfaces;
E) pour onto slice and then blow to reach all surfaces;
F) cut slice into pieces then pour over top and eat with fork
E) other: _________________

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
late for work after pulling the allnighter to make the deadline, I didn't reinvent the wheel - I just get the #5 sandwich only: bacon egg and cheese - the bagel somehow made the egg shine. That never happens. and the distribution. .. clean is the word my brain keeps calling it.

for lunch, with my bogo app coupon, I science'd Artisan Garlic Cheddar Pounder = Fail
I don't understand fundamentally what it was going for, so the breakdown :
Like no sauce. It may have even had no sauce. I would suspect a lathering of garlic aioli
It was covered in these odd circular red tinted potato chip things. The crunch offered was minimal their shape caused them to fall out, so I dropped a few onto lap (luckily no sauce to mark my pants). They had a mild garlic flavor, but far moreso was salt. I don't detect salt very well - when most complain of salt, I literally couldn't even tell; so I'm not sure what mortals think when I say "too salty."
The white cheese wasn't strong enough to carry the burger on its back.
The garlic was mild. it wasn't fancy jazzy garlic. It was just garlic. breath garlic.
In conclusion, it was worthless, lackluster and without purpose.

yeah, bagel ordering is simple, there's a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese; Steak, Egg, and Cheese; and my favorite, Sausage, Egg, and Cheese. lots of McDonald's menu items i will custom order, but the bagels are perfect as is. :) the key to the bagel's flavor is the "breakfast sauce" they add, McDonald's version of Hollandaise sauce - Wikipedia. it's what makes the eggs so good -- discovered such when i started adding breakfast sauce to my biscuits, too.

i tried that new garlic burger, too, with a $2 coupon a few weeks ago.... and yeah, it was pretty meh. it wasn't OFFENSIVE or anything but it just wasn't good. straight garlic just doesn't cut it for flavor on something like that, i guess. and yeah, those chips were actual chips of garlic, supposedly... and they don't do the texture of the burger any flavors.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've actually barely been eating fast food lately. figured it would help my health problems. it didn't. =/ going to pig the fuck out on Taco Bell the night before i go in for chemotherapy, i think.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I just want to state again that Domino's Pizza sucks shit through a straw. Sure all of the pizza chains are shitty when compared to a proper pizza but Domino's is on it's own level of shitty. It's like if Cici's Pizza started to deliver their garbage grade cardboard buffet abortions it would be Domino's Pizza.

trydominospizza.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there are actually some really good menu items at Domino's Pizza. just none of the good menu items are actually pizza.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want to state again that Domino's Pizza sucks shit through a straw. Sure all of the pizza chains are shitty when compared to a proper pizza but Domino's is on it's own level of shitty. It's like if Cici's Pizza started to deliver their garbage grade cardboard buffet abortions it would be Domino's Pizza.

trydominospizza.jpg
this is false. too many good times had.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

trydominospizza.jpg

Dominos went from shit, to really good and back to shit the past few years. It was really disappointing the last few times I ordered from them so I just stopped.