The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Does G Fuel work as a hangover relief? I'm slightly suffering today and I could use something.

Xevy

Log Wizard
After fasting for 12 hours for my cholesterol test, went to BK immediately after for 2 for $6 spicy chicken sandwiches. It's chicken, so it's totally healthy!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
We got a Nathan's here now. Tried the tenders (meh) and the shrimp and fries with hush puppies. Decent amount of food. It was mostly just okay, nothing to write home about. I'll probably end up getting it on occasion just because it's a good amount of food. Need to try the bacon ranch fries

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We got a Nathan's here now. Tried the tenders (meh) and the shrimp and fries with hush puppies. Decent amount of food. It was mostly just okay, nothing to write home about. I'll probably end up getting it on occasion just because it's a good amount of food. Need to try the bacon ranch fries
Don't make me miss having Long johns silvers around here.

Back in my early 20's when I had the metabolism of a god. I'd wait for the family platter coupons, (was like 6 chicken 6 fish planks, 2 fries, 2 orders of puppies, and a slaw or two)...... I'd eat all but some of the sides with my dipping sauce which was like 40% mayo, 40% kc masterpiece bbq, 20% ketchup.

Even better was highschool when you could get 2 big macs for $4 (i think even 2f2?) sometimes ~2001. More than once had 4 and in those days I couldnt gain over 150lbs while being largely sedentary 6ft..... Now I'm having the worst struggle getting back to 180 eating like an ethiopian most of the time.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Even better was highschool when you could get 2 big macs for $4 (i think even 2f2?) sometimes ~2001. More than once had 4 and in those days I couldnt gain over 150lbs while being largely sedentary 6ft..... Now I'm having the worst struggle getting back to 180 eating like an ethiopian most of the time.
i don't think big macs were ever 2f2, they were always in the premium burger category along w/ the quarter pounders.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
i don't think big macs were ever 2f2, they were always in the premium burger category along w/ the quarter pounders.

They were 2 for $2. But I don't remember them being that cheap in 2001 but I do remember them at 2 for $2 in the Army and then later at like 2 for $3, 2 for $3.33, etc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They were 2 for $2. But I don't remember them being that cheap in 2001 but I do remember them at 2 for $2 in the Army and then later at like 2 for $3, 2 for $3.33, etc.

man, 1992 prices, i think most supersized meals were at most 5bucks back then, ah gulf war prices.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

It was probably the last year's here in lower cost west, because I know it was high school era which was 00-04. And i knew it was gone by senior year ay least.

I do cringe seeing them now for like $5, it is not a 5$ quality burger in the slightest.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

They used to do 2 big mac meals for 2 bucks around 2000/2001 in my hometown. I would eat those until I was about to burst.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ya'll could just get mcdouble w/ mac sauce, (no ketchup, no mustard) maybe push it and add shredded lettuce. Unless you really wanted that seseme toasted bun.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The price of beef has gotten pretty crazy the last few years. The price of ground beef alone has more than doubled since 2000. I remember buying Big Macs for like 1.89 and Cheeseburgers were like 69 cents.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I remember in HS when Taco Bell started the $.39 value menu. This was like 1989. You could order five times for under $2. Meximelts, tacos, chilitos (fuck you chile cheese burrito name change). What a time to be alive!

• 1Like

Sludig

Was forced into bk tonight. Wtf they havetacos on value menu? Awful i assume. Got the spicy chicken since yall rave, and a 10 piece nugget because iwas feeling banne backed up anyway

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I want to say that there were $.39 hamburgers and $.49 cheeseburgers when I was a starving college student in the '90s. It was a banner day when I could go to McD's with $5 and binge my way through 10 cheeseburgers. I think pizza was actually more expensive back then. I definitely could have used the $5 hot and ready from Little Caesars' in those days.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if Taco Casa is nationwide, but they have the most no nonsense 2.99 menu item around. The meat burrito. It is about the size of a quesarito and this bad boy is bulging with nothing but ground beef (better texture than TB for sure) cheese and regular or spicy taco sauce. Highly recommend.