The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
On the topic of McDonalds - did they change their burger meat? I had it recently and the burger was very weird textured. Not like I remembered. It was offputting. And yes, it gave me diarrhea.

Yeah, sometime earlier this year, changed the recipe a bit when they started copying Wendy's "never frozen" policy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feel like we had a Zaxby's vs Raising Cane's discussion a while back here so I tried Zaxby's while driving back from Florida last week and... it wasn't that great. I like Cane's chicken better... I think it was the breading maybe. Sauces and fries were pretty identical. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but figured I should compare chicken fingers to chicken fingers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Feel like we had a Zaxby's vs Raising Cane's discussion a while back here so I tried Zaxby's while driving back from Florida last week and... it wasn't that great. I like Cane's chicken better... I think it was the breading maybe. Sauces and fries were pretty identical. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but figured I should compare chicken fingers to chicken fingers.
Canes chicken is better. Canes sauce is slightly better too though they are very close.

• 1Solidarity

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
On the G Fuel energy drink mix, are you guys just drinking one in the morning, or are you doing a second serving later in the day?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
On the G Fuel energy drink mix, are you guys just drinking one in the morning, or are you doing a second serving later in the day?

I do a half scoop in the morning and that's it.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I usually have 2 scoops at work over a period of like 6 hours.

So the GFuel Hydration, I got the Dragon Fruit and Peach Pineapple ones. The tubs are like half the size, 30 servings instead of 40, and they use a smaller scoop. Only tried Dragon Fruit so far, but holy fuck does it taste amazing. I can definitely see myself drinking this more, especially since without the energy stuff I can drink it literally whenever.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Let's talk about Cava.

It's delicious. I've been eating there quite frequently over the last few months. It's like a Mediterranean-themed Chipotle that doesn't poison you.

Their red harissa and green harissa dressing are delightfully spicy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Let's talk about Cava.

It's delicious. I've been eating there quite frequently over the last few months. It's like a Mediterranean-themed Chipotle that doesn't poison you.

I've never heard of this place. Going to see if there is one near by.

Went to a gas station "Kebabs to go" and it was hands down the best Gyro I ever had. I was sketched out at first.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Let's talk about Cava.

There's a new place that opened near us called Naan-tastic, that's similar. Basically Chipotle for indian food. Holy shit is it good, the paneer especially. Get a big ol' bowl of tumeric rice, topped with paneer and some sauce and it's got the garlic naan underneath to soak up all the sauces. Place is amazing.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arby's
Had the rib sandwich from Arby's and it was gag inducing. I threw half the shit away.
Two bites in was a massive hunk of fat. A few bites more, another. then another. fuck that. There wasn't even that much meat on it.
Bread was also terribad. It was almost like french toast without sweetness.

Taco Bell
Realized I hadn't had a chalupa in like a year, so got the #6. $.50 upsell one beef to chicken. Imo, use that $.50 for a cup of cheese or dipping sauce and keep the beef.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Imo, use that $.50 for a cup of cheese or dipping sauce and keep the beef.

$.50 cup of Spicy Ranch is ideal for chalupas

fuck i miss Taco Bell. haven't cheated and ate any once since going keto... might just have to soon...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Went to a concert with some friends in Indianapolis this weekend and beasted back to Cincy afterwards. Food options on the way back were pretty limited but found an Applebee's open until 1am. All five of us were extremely pleased and we all ordered very different meals. So happy we went there instead of the alternative Waffle House. I don't think any of us had been to an Applebee's in damn near 10 years

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to a concert with some friends in Indianapolis this weekend and beasted back to Cincy afterwards. Food options on the way back were pretty limited but found an Applebee's open until 1am. All five of us were extremely pleased and we all ordered very different meals. So happy we went there instead of the alternative Waffle House. I don't think any of us had been to an Applebee's in damn near 10 years
I worked at Applebee's outside college and it was good times. The one here is urbanized and geared towards that demographic. I look forward to trying one elsewhere.

Headed out to lunch today and found McD over used (ben hitting it hard tbh) and Hardee's inferior. In danger of considering a sit down, I chose Subway.
New BBQ smoke is worthless. Weird texture and taste.