The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Applebee's is good, solid, crap food. If you're just looking for some deep fried garbage or sloppy sandwiches, Applebee's is a good choice.

Their triple sampler appetizer is pretty damn good in that respect. It's my go-to meal when I eat there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pro tip, no bake cheesecake mixes in pudding aisle.... not as good as real cheesecake.

Also I accidentally the whole thing since wife thought it tasted like vomit.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So happy we went there instead of the alternative Waffle House.

That sounds like you made a terrible choice, but then again I think Applebees is mediocre at best.

I like to walk in and be able to slide to a booth. Waffle House doesn't even pretend to be anything that it isn't, and I have to respect that.

My only gripe about Waffle House is the lack of french fries if you go during the middle of the day and feel like a burger. But if it's in the morning or late at night, smash the shit outta that breakfast.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The reason we were so anti Waffle House was because we had just had it at 5am earlier that morning after raging pretty fucking hard all night. We even took the exit. Pulled into the lot and all agreed that we couldn't eat there again. Another option had to exist. Applebee's was the savior we needed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Applebee's gets a lot of hate but I've never had anything bad there. The pricing is low, good amount of options, drinks are cheap, plenty of late night specials. I don't get it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got really bad food poisoning from Applebee's in Arizona back in 2005... haven't been back to one since other than having a few beers one time in Idaho in 2013.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Applebee's gets a lot of hate but I've never had anything bad there. The pricing is low, good amount of options, drinks are cheap, plenty of late night specials. I don't get it.
Same thing with Denny's. Everyone looks down their noses if it gets mentioned, but I can't remember ever having a bad meal. My favorites are the Super Bird and the Ham & Cheese omelette with hash browns, but even shit like chili cheese burgers are great. Oh, and the French Slam, totally forgot that! Their skillets are pretty legit too. We used to go there late at night and for some reason my drunk food was chicken strips and beef barley soup. I can honestly say I've never, ever had beef barley soup outside of Denny's, but fuck did I crave that shit.

But heaven forbid I suggest going there, you'd think I suggested we go eat out of the dumpster.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think Denny's is kind of garbage, but I also used to work right by one of the most ghetto ones in the country and it's definitely tainted my perception.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, sometime earlier this year, changed the recipe a bit when they started copying Wendy's "never frozen" policy.
My last four quarter pounders (different locations) were old style patties.

Not sure if new style was LTO or what, but they're noticeably different in appearance. They're taller, juicier, and have smooth edges. The old/ latest style has an almost flower shape, akin to Hardee's.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked up a starter kit of G Fuel, comes with 7 single packets of their most popular flavors and your choice of MLG shaker cup and it's nice quality.

If you were on the fence about trying that seems your best starting point.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
fUO4g72.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a starter kit of G Fuel, comes with 7 single packets of their most popular flavors and your choice of MLG shaker cup and it's nice quality.

If you were on the fence about trying that seems your best starting point.

Yeah I did the 10 pack starter kit. Had Peach Mango today, so far it has been my favorite. Waiting for another good deal and will probably buy a tub of it and the new hydration stuff.

My only issue so far has been that even in 20oz bottles of water I can't get it to dissolve well. Some of the Crystal light and other brands haven't had that issue.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think its best to dilute a little lighter than recommended. Like i do mine in 24oz.

A preworkout usually gets drank fast. For me it usually mixes in well but starts accumulating if you arnt drink inng quick but a good swirl and its suspended again unlike sometimes stubborn protein powder sticking in a clump on the wall.

Im debating if its worth it over 1-1.50 energy drinks though. Less bulk to store but still sleepy at tines after a couple scoops in my shift and at least for sherbert i find cutting some seltzer water in mandatory. I think something lkke that peach mango qould be fine without it.

After my 2 tubs i might try a variety pack before calling it quits or not. If i dont actually need the caffeine im better off with 8/1$ drink packets from Dollar store.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Green Apple is absolutely amazing, tastes just like green jolly ranchers but not overpowering.

I like it better than energy drinks, it doesn't make me thirsty and I feel more focused. It could be a placebo effect but I'll take it.

I've only noticed dissolving issues if I use my powder to water ratio is off.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Goddamn we could have a separate thread for G Fuel. Never even heard of this shit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still drinking Mio Energy every day. That or Walmart brand knockoff Mio (Walmart has a delicious cherry limeade flavor for $1.97).