The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was talking to someone from Boston recently, and apparently Dunkin Donuts is kind of a thing there? They have some name they call it that I'd never heard before here in the DC area.

Doesn't matter. Dunkin Donuts is shit. I'd rather go to the grocery store and buy a dozen bakery donuts that are cheaper and probably fresher.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If that place is your jam it seems like Dunkin' Donuts gives 2$ cards away on Tmobile Tuesdays every other week. Since I'm actively trying to avoid the diabeetus I always avoid them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was talking to someone from Boston recently, and apparently Dunkin Donuts is kind of a thing there? They have some name they call it that I'd never heard before here in the DC area.

Doesn't matter. Dunkin Donuts is shit. I'd rather go to the grocery store and buy a dozen bakery donuts that are cheaper and probably fresher.
Dunkin Donuts is a plague here. They're EVERYWHERE. My wifes town has a single road with all the gas stations on it, maybe a quarter mile stretch. In that quarter mile, there's a dunkin inside a gas station, NEXT DOOR is a real dunkin donuts, and NEXT DOOR to that is another gas station with a dunkin inside.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fuckin Walmart sells Krispy Kreme in stores, why would you ever get dunkin donuts

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you want to watch a good looking chick eat more food than you, Kate Ovens is your best bet. She's not that exciting to watch, but are any of them really besides LA Beast?

That steak looked amazing. I would have destroyed that thing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard

Dunkin Donuts actually donuts are, indeed, shit. I'd really rather have a box of fucking Entenmann's (dunked in milk they're fucking great) from the store or Krispy Kreme glazed. BUT, their iced coffee is really good. Since McDonald's inexplicably stopped carrying hazelnut syrup like 3 years ago (I don't care if it gives me cancer or what, just bring that shit back!) I've been going to DD once a week or so and their iced coffee is amazing. I usually go large, dark roast, hazelnut (I guess there's sweetened and non sweetened? I get sweetened), and cream. It's the same size as McD's and somehow cheaper. McD's large is $2.18 here and DD's is $1.64. I'd go more often if I didn't feel disgusting supporting the Patriots' sponsor.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I prefer DD coffee to pretty much every other chain. It just tastes better.

• 1Supertaster

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
their donuts have been shit since they changed their oil. no loss there. Krispy Kreme changed their oil too, but their donuts are much better quality than DD.
employees are sayin Dunkin' don't make Donuts in house no more, it's all just trucked in frozen, which is why they're dropping the "donuts"

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I prefer DD coffee to pretty much every other chain. It just tastes better.
that's probably cuz the Dunkins i've been too all use Bunn coffee makers.

I just retired my Bunn coffee maker, due to daily use and wear and tear, 7years?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There's some faggy vegan donut place near the office and UCF that makes increadible donuts. It's delicious.

I got some donuts from Dunkins not long ago. They definitely taste prefab.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, Krispy Kreme just doesn't do it for me. Probably because I prefer old-fashioned and cake donuts more than fluffy ones. However, I'd rather eat KK than whatever local shop the guy who buys them every Friday morning for work gets them at. Not only are they nasty as fuck, but they must see him coming a mile away. I'm pretty sure he just says, "Gimme a dozen of anything" and they throw in the oldest, obscurest, nastiest donuts they have left. Anything chocolate goes in about 3.5 seconds, so you're left with "Guess the flavor." It has helped my diet a lot being repulsed by the donuts left when I get in, later than all the shop guys.

I actually wouldn't know where to go to get donuts anymore. I haven't bought any besides the 6-pack of powdered or chocolate ones at the grocery store in decades. Winchell's Donuts was the shit back in the day. Pretty sure they are out of business though? We used to trade late night Taco Bell for their freshly made donuts, since our two stores were next to each other. Those were the best donuts ever.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Man, Krispy Kreme just doesn't do it for me. Probably because I prefer old-fashioned and cake donuts more than fluffy ones. However, I'd rather eat KK than whatever local shop the guy who buys them every Friday morning for work gets them at. Not only are they nasty as fuck, but they must see him coming a mile away. I'm pretty sure he just says, "Gimme a dozen of anything" and they throw in the oldest, obscurest, nastiest donuts they have left. Anything chocolate goes in about 3.5 seconds, so you're left with "Guess the flavor." It has helped my diet a lot being repulsed by the donuts left when I get in, later than all the shop guys.

I actually wouldn't know where to go to get donuts anymore. I haven't bought any besides the 6-pack of powdered or chocolate ones at the grocery store in decades. Winchell's Donuts was the shit back in the day. Pretty sure they are out of business though? We used to trade late night Taco Bell for their freshly made donuts, since our two stores were next to each other. Those were the best donuts ever.

I saw one in OK not to long ago. They might be out of business.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I dunno if you live in jersey, but the bakery section of Shop Rite makes awesome donuts. their apple fritters are my favorite and are gargantuan sized. you also cant go wrong with Entenmans. their powder and choc donuts rock. but only in non summer months. the choc donuts melt if you look at them too long during the summer.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FML, now I want Chipotle and donuts, because of this thread. Maybe I'll go both?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Dunkin Donuts actually donuts are, indeed, shit. I'd really rather have a box of fucking Entenmann's (dunked in milk they're fucking great) from the store or Krispy Kreme glazed. BUT, their iced coffee is really good. Since McDonald's inexplicably stopped carrying hazelnut syrup like 3 years ago (I don't care if it gives me cancer or what, just bring that shit back!) I've been going to DD once a week or so and their iced coffee is amazing. I usually go large, dark roast, hazelnut (I guess there's sweetened and non sweetened? I get sweetened), and cream. It's the same size as McD's and somehow cheaper. McD's large is $2.18 here and DD's is $1.64. I'd go more often if I didn't feel disgusting supporting the Patriots' sponsor.

Large, Mocha, Cream, Less Ice = godliness

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what it is about Krispy Kreme...maybe they're too soft. It's like eating sugar coated air. Give me a legit old-school donut any day of the week.

Speaking of KK, someone brought donuts in to work yesterday. Regular glazed, and...6ea of something...else. They were a bit darker than the regular glazed. Some of us chanced them; none of us could put a finger on WTF they were. I was thinking they were whole wheat, but there are no whole wheat Krispy Kreme donuts listed online. They just looked like somehwat darker glazed donuts. The only thing I could find online was that maybe they were coffee flavored glazed? But if they were, that was some pathetically weak coffee flavor.

• 1Solidarity