The Fast Food Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had 1910 McDonald's tokens for the Halloween thing, and I dumped them all on the PS4 bundle. Wonder if I won anything.

Oh, and the best bang for the buck for getting tickets is this (with the app).
The deal for free drink (any size) with an order for medium or large fries.

Buy a large fry, then request a medium drink. You get 3 tickets for around $3

I do that every day, then throw out most of the fries. I've gotten 2 cards worth 500 tokens so far. Also got 2 for free medium fries and 1 sausage egg & cheese biscuit, but every other one was for tokens. So much for 1 in 4 being a winner.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Reminds me of when Sonic opened here. There were lines miles down the road, police details, fights, violence, etc.

It was on a two-lane highway and for about 3 miles they turned the right lane into a sonic-only lane. It was weird, I figured it would last 2-3 days but it ended up lasting 2-3 months.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Reminds me of when Sonic opened here. There were lines miles down the road, police details, fights, violence, etc.

It was on a two-lane highway and for about 3 miles they turned the right lane into a sonic-only lane. It was weird, I figured it would last 2-3 days but it ended up lasting 2-3 months.
i lived across the st from whole foods, when it opened up, i couldn't pull outta my place. They also put in regulations and took away curb side parking for my place (this was in jersey, street parking is so crazy, you have to get a permit from the city to park on the same st, where you live), b/c ppl were crashing and pulling out of the whole foods like maniacs.

How crazy was this whole foods opening? ppl would park in the pizza store parking lot 2 blocks down to shop at whole foods, until the owners had to have a kid stand outside and kick ppl out if they weren't pizza customers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know we've talked about it before but I love these $4.99 rotisserie chickens from the supermarket. I eat salad for lunch every week (just like a chicken caesar salad) and I have chicken for it for 5 days - plus the dark meat I split with the dog.

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had Jersey Mikes for the first time in forever. It's cold AF here today so I got a hot chicken cheese steak thing.

I was disappointed. Won't be returning there anytime soon!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know we've talked about it before but I love these $4.99 rotisserie chickens from the supermarket. I eat salad for lunch every week (just like a chicken caesar salad) and I have chicken for it for 5 days - plus the dark meat I split with the dog.

There's always a port-a-pit chicken fundraiser happening somewhere in our town every weekend. I often grab a chicken or two, and the smoked, rotisserie goodness is awesome. Great for on salads, but also great to make chicken salad and have for sandwiches.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Had Jersey Mikes for the first time in forever. It's cold AF here today so I got a hot chicken cheese steak thing.

I was disappointed. Won't be returning there anytime soon!
I had a chicken cheese steak from there last night, and I like it. For the price, it's much better than the standard cheese steak (doesn't have nearly enough meat in it). The chicken one is loaded. It's as good as it gets without returning back to Philly.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Jersey Mike's is all about the #9. At any other grinder shop I'm all about the classic italian combo, but the #9 is super bangin!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

i just suck at carving the damn things

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I really miss the non-chain sub places back in Buffalo. At least we're getting better chains out in the midwest now and Subway isn't the only sandwich shop, but they still just aren't as good as legit places.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm thankful for having access to legit sandwich shops almost as I am about cheap quality Mexican food. Cincy didn't have shit for legit delis.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it's pretty simple

are you as bad, as the ppl that try to do it after watching the Maitre D?
i reverse engineered the way the chinese restaurants cut fried chicken. they do it crazy fast so i figured i would give it a try. i can do the whole chicken in under a minute now. just cut the quarters and wings off at the base. pull them back first to find the joints, then split the bird in half at the spine. that leaves you just the breast meat halves and i usually cut those in half. you can cut the quarters into thigh and drumstick if you like. its super easy if you use a cleaver or a thick knife.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Lol at cutting chicken. Why waste the time when you can buy your chicken already cut, diced, reformed into a mass, and deep fried.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol at cutting chicken. Why waste the time when you can buy your chicken already cut, diced, reformed into a mass, and deep fried.
because if you buy those rotisserie chickens, some people prefer white to dark meat. i end up getting drafted into it because I'm the "BBQ guy" and so its up to me to give everyone the pieces that they prefer. you dont want to see what a chicken looks like when you got several people who dont know what the fuck they're doing start yanking at a chicken to get their favorite parts.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New BK tenders are decent if you get them with the two items for $6 deal. They're like very fried and crispy but have that nice blend of seasoning that reminds me of like sit down restaurant tenders when you were a kid. They fucking forgot my honey mustard sauce so I had to eat them dry though. They're also smallish, slightly bigger than like a McD's nugget. But as I said, they go well with the two for $6 deal either getting two 6 pieces or tenders and a spicy crispy chicken.