The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
One of the McDonalds near me is so freaking show, I've now determined never to go there again. Last time I went through, it was about 4:30, so before the dinner rush. It took 39 minutes to get through the drive through. The time before, when I saw there was a huge line at the drive through and no one inside, I thought I'd be clever and go inside to get the foot. Too 40 minutes because they were only calling orders to get the drive through unjamed.

Oh, well. There are several others, and they have their shit together.

But I was rustled. 39 minutes to get McD. bullshit.

I got one near me that's pretty high quality but almost 80% of the time they ask you to pull into the wait spot, even if there is no one behind you. I've told them 'no thanks i'll wait here' a number of times and they just say 'ok'. The wait spots are fucking tiny, in a shit spot, and I drive a truck so it's really annoying.

I've been fixing to send an email to HQ to let them know this particular one is skimming their times by putting out customers but I always forget.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
My suggestion is to use the app. Pre-order everything on the app and pay for it and have them deliver it to your car (sitting in one of the numbered waiting spots). They're very prompt about this.

That's because they have been pushing their app. Apparently they take priority over the other orders to the point I heard about some McDonalds crews rioting over this and refusing to deliver.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I haven't worked at McDonalds in a long ass time, but they used to just look at transaction times across the board. But of course, if they don't start a transaction, they can leave you standing there forever.

The app thing may have changed things, but it used to be that it didn't matter whether the order came from the front counter or drive through. You started with whatever came back to the grill first, and you could see the transaction times ticking away. The biggest culprit we had for bad service times was the front line chicks forgetting to drop more fries, or the grill people forgetting to drop stuff on the backside of the grill area (nuggets/chicken/pies) and having to wait.

Management should have had at least one person on a front counter drawer. Either they didn't...which is bad...or they pulled all the front counter derps into drive thru, which is also bad.

PM McCheese McCheese . That kind of wait for your delicious McDonalds food is completely unacceptable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's because they have been pushing their app. Apparently they take priority over the other orders to the point I heard about some McDonalds crews rioting over this and refusing to deliver.
I like the app, but morally i feel its kinda douchey to do the park outside and bring me my food peasants routine. So i just pick up inside alwats been fairly painless.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Their nugs are the worst out of any fast food place so perhaps you should rethink this
Well, I'm not a supertaster so you might be right.

I did eat an entire 50 piece nugget bucket from McDonalds once. The first 20 nuggets was good, but it quickly went downhill after that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As a kid I used to love chicken nuggets but really the McDonalds and BK ones are not worth the money even at 10 for a $1. Now Chik-fil-a nugs on the other hand are top tier shit.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You American Inventors are going to make me go out of the way and fight the lines to deal with chik-fil-a just to see if I'm really doing it wrong.

• 1Like

Sludig

I miss Wendy's spicy nugs. Last i knew they gone here in the land of green chile but still available in other states along with breakfast. Ditto we dont have mcdonalds breakfast chicken biscuits.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I tried Chick-fil-a breakfast biscuits for the first time today. I got two chicken biscuits (just biscuit with chicken) and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

The bacon egg and cheese biscuit was super sloppy. When I opened it, the melted cheese was dripping all over and the wrapper was kind of hard to peel off. The biscuit was really soft and kind of mushy, even. It was good, don't get me wrong. But I was unimpressed as a regular eater of McD's biscuit sandwiches.

Just to make sure, I drove to McD's to get a couple bacon egg and cheese biscuits there for comparison sake. Their biscuits are just so much crisper on the outside yet still soft on the inside. The cheese is less gooey and sticky.

The only positive the chick-fil-a biscuit had on the McD's was a slightly higher amount of bacon. All-in-all, I'll be sticking with McD's for breakfast.

*Edit* I forgot to mention I got meals at both places to compare the hashbrowns. Man oh man, chick-fil-a "hash browns" are just glorified tater tots. They have NOTHING on the fried crack that are McD's hashbrowns.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I tried Chick-fil-a breakfast biscuits for the first time today. I got two chicken biscuits (just biscuit with chicken) and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

The bacon egg and cheese biscuit was super sloppy. When I opened it, the melted cheese was dripping all over and the wrapper was kind of hard to peel off. The biscuit was really soft and kind of mushy, even. It was good, don't get me wrong. But I was unimpressed as a regular eater of McD's biscuit sandwiches.

Just to make sure, I drove to McD's to get a couple bacon egg and cheese biscuits there for comparison sake. Their biscuits are just so much crisper on the outside yet still soft on the inside. The cheese is less gooey and sticky.

The only positive the chick-fil-a biscuit had on the McD's was a slightly higher amount of bacon. All-in-all, I'll be sticking with McD's for breakfast.

*Edit* I forgot to mention I got meals at both places to compare the hashbrowns. Man oh man, chick-fil-a "hash browns" are just glorified tater tots. They have NOTHING on the fried crack that are McD's hashbrowns.

7BEA4841-3CE8-4B93-9DC5-7EB3EE604893.jpeg
EBB46501-4ABA-45DA-A58F-BEB372066E13.jpeg

All day
Everyday

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'll have to go back and get the spicy chicken biscuit. I'll give it a try.

I definitely preferred their basic chicken biscuit than the bacon egg and cheese biscuit. That's also something I can't get at McD's, so I'm more likely to go back for that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
At my McDonald's, the app orders don't "enter the queue" until you are at the location and tell it which method you prefer. I usually just go through the drivethru and tell them my code, but I did try the parking spot once when it looked busy. I probably waited just as long in that spot as it would have taken to go through the drivethru. Granted, that was only about 10 minutes, not half an hour, but I don't think it would gain me anything to use the spot really, except for being able to turn my car off if it isn't summer and I need my AC to not die.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man, there certainly is something about McDoubles. If I go a few weeks without having one the first one I eat is like the most zen fucking experience. Especially for such a cheap, greasy, and salty item. I love it.

Sludig

Some good mcd coupons on app today so axtually planning on basically near bogo artisan sandwhich or bogo chicken tendies. With a side stop for 10 nugs at bk. Cheat day i guess.