The Fast Food Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Taco Johns need to be in more places. Someone open one up in Florida.

612-TJ.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
New BK tenders are decent if you get them with the two items for $6 deal. They're like very fried and crispy but have that nice blend of seasoning that reminds me of like sit down restaurant tenders when you were a kid. They fucking forgot my honey mustard sauce so I had to eat them dry though. They're also smallish, slightly bigger than like a McD's nugget. But as I said, they go well with the two for $6 deal either getting two 6 pieces or tenders and a spicy crispy chicken.
1 dollar whopper on the BK app. ends soon

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i reverse engineered the way the chinese restaurants cut fried chicken. they do it crazy fast so i figured i would give it a try. i can do the whole chicken in under a minute now. just cut the quarters and wings off at the base. pull them back first to find the joints, then split the bird in half at the spine. that leaves you just the breast meat halves and i usually cut those in half. you can cut the quarters into thigh and drumstick if you like. its super easy if you use a cleaver or a thick knife.

i mean for chinese style
you mean like a split in half chicken, and breast meat w/ the ribcage bone?

i debone chicken this way, not at the crazy speed

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean for chinese style
you mean like a split in half chicken, and breast meat w/ the ribcage bone?

i debone chicken this way, not at the crazy speed
i do the first example, not the second. i dont cut the breast into strips like that, maybe i'll give that a try

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i do the first example, not the second. i dont cut the breast into strips like that, maybe i'll give that a try
if you make HARD chopping cuts, you WON'T have little bone chips from the ribs. one swipe, one chop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you make HARD chopping cuts, you WON'T have little bone chips from the ribs. one swipe, one chop.
that first example when he slams down hard from the front of the cleaver, i pierce the chicken with the front and use force to chop the chicken up from the back. i dont get bone chips as long as i dont make more than one cut.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that first example when he slams down hard from the front of the cleaver, i pierce the chicken with the front and use force to chop the chicken up from the back. i dont get bone chips as long as i dont make more than one cut.
yea, you really shouldn't if you chop down and slam down, cuz the breastbone sternum is a bit spongy and not crumbly. The bone to REALLY look out for imo is the wishbone (collar bone) cuz it's cylindrical and doesn't really connect to anything (comparatively to all the other bones).

But honestly i don't ever serve white ppl, rib cage, they're just not used to the idea of it. (from my experience) however if ppl don't mind, yea the bone to really watch out for is collar bone.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea, you really shouldn't if you chop down and slam down, cuz the breastbone sternum is a bit spongy and not crumbly. The bone to REALLY look out for imo is the wishbone (collar bone) cuz it's cylindrical and doesn't really connect to anything (comparatively to all the other bones).

But honestly i don't ever serve white ppl, rib cage, they're just not used to the idea of it. (from my experience) however if ppl don't mind, yea the bone to really watch out for is collar bone.
i dont slam anything, i just mildly exert force and with the weight of the cleaver til it cuts through. i can cut a chicken up in short order, but i am by no means lightning fast and i dont want to cut myself badly. that cleaver is fuckin sharp.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i dont slam anything, i just mildly exert force and with the weight of the cleaver til it cuts through. i can cut a chicken up in short order, but i am by no means lightning fast and i dont want to cut myself badly. that cleaver is fuckin sharp.
it also is a really different way of knife handling, are you using the usually european meat cleaver?
51odoiquPcL._SX466_.jpg

while i have limited use with these, they feel "top" heavy, most of the weight is in front so youre able to use the "belly" of the knife to "chop"

chinese chef knives are different
mh_ts-204__67685.1523883533.jpg

it's actually way lighter than a meat cleaver, same weight as a regular chef knife actually (just really flat and thin). The chinese way to chop is to use the "heel" of the knife and as you saw "slam" the black of the blade to bite through bone.

Watch that video a few times, but only focus on the heel of the blade, that is what is doing most of the "chopping" work.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it also is a really different way of knife handling, are you using the usually european meat cleaver?
51odoiquPcL._SX466_.jpg

while i have limited use with these, they feel "top" heavy, most of the weight is in front so youre able to use the "belly" of the knife to "chop"

it's actually way lighter than a meat cleaver, same weight as a regular chef knife actually (just really flat and thin). The chinese way to chop is to use the "heel" of the knife and as you saw "slam" the black of the blade to bite through bone.

Watch that video a few times, but only focus on the heel of the blade, that is what is doing most of the "chopping" work.
no, i use an asian type. its a perfect rectangle. the euro one didnt suit me

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
51odoiquPcL._SX466_.jpg

this is what i'm using.
WA6rAwz.jpg

its actually more effective than the badboy next to it. cuts pretty much any bone in meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user