The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I tried Chick-fil-a breakfast biscuits for the first time today. I got two chicken biscuits (just biscuit with chicken) and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

The bacon egg and cheese biscuit was super sloppy. When I opened it, the melted cheese was dripping all over and the wrapper was kind of hard to peel off. The biscuit was really soft and kind of mushy, even. It was good, don't get me wrong. But I was unimpressed as a regular eater of McD's biscuit sandwiches.

Just to make sure, I drove to McD's to get a couple bacon egg and cheese biscuits there for comparison sake. Their biscuits are just so much crisper on the outside yet still soft on the inside. The cheese is less gooey and sticky.

The only positive the chick-fil-a biscuit had on the McD's was a slightly higher amount of bacon. All-in-all, I'll be sticking with McD's for breakfast.

*Edit* I forgot to mention I got meals at both places to compare the hashbrowns. Man oh man, chick-fil-a "hash browns" are just glorified tater tots. They have NOTHING on the fried crack that are McD's hashbrowns.

Next time try that bacon egg and cheese with the chicken also, it's glorious (assuming you get a better biscuit).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
McDoubles should be $1 menu perma item. But Micky Dees is a greedy bastard and make them like 1.50 or something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Quik Trip breakfast: Chicken and Cheese Biscuit. Good for gas station food and one of my go-to items if I need to grab breakfast on the way to work.

The one thing I hate about them, though, is that they're refrigerated and then microwaved, and then put under the heat lamps. 90% of the time this doesn't bother me. But 10% of the time, the cheese is like hardened glue and the biscuit is hard to the point of shattering. Coffee as a solvent makes it somewhat edible, but still...

I know that I can go around the corner aisle and grab some that are refrigerated and haven't been nuked and then spent an hour or two under the heat lamp, but I usually remember this only after I've gotten to work, opened the first one and been like "For fuck's sake, not again"

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quik Trip breakfast: Chicken and Cheese Biscuit. Good for gas station food and one of my go-to items if I need to grab breakfast on the way to work.

The one thing I hate about them, though, is that they're refrigerated and then microwaved, and then put under the heat lamps. 90% of the time this doesn't bother me. But 10% of the time, the cheese is like hardened glue and the biscuit is hard to the point of shattering. Coffee as a solvent makes it somewhat edible, but still...

I know that I can go around the corner aisle and grab some that are refrigerated and haven't been nuked and then spent an hour or two under the heat lamp, but I usually remember this only after I've gotten to work, opened the first one and been like "For fuck's sake, not again"

Yeah I miss QuickTrip. We got WaWa though which has better food. However it doesn’t compare to QT’s baller drink and icee selection. QT is a stoner’s paradise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Super fresh BK nuggets were actually pretty good, place was slammed. Black Cherry freeze tasted like just corn syrup and dye, not actually good taste at all.

Mcdonalds I did bogo +1$ 6 piece tenders..... plain were pretty damn good though not good enough for non sale price.

The glazed ones... disgusting mixed with way too spicy or peppery to me. Ended up tossing one because by then I was so stuffed I was questioning my life choices.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The bacon they use on the bacon McDoubles is the absolute worst. Hard as fuck and flavorless. I prefer regular McDoubles.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wendys has limeade that's really good and refreshing. Hadn't had it before, it's good.
They actually just started carrying a bunch of weird, but good, flavors of tea and such. Like Pear/Berry, Apple/Kiwi, etc. All of them I've tasted were pretty good, and pretty refreshing too. They cost a fuckload though.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I'm finding in general that the fast food places around me (McD, BK, Carls, Jack-in-the-Box, KFC, Popeyes, Taco Bell etc) have all declined a bit in service and quality recently. I'm wondering if it's due to the low unemployment rate forcing them to hire anyone who comes looking for a job.

Sludig

WTF. either the bk nuggets, or I'm more assuming the glazed or regular mcd tenders gave me god damn green shit.

Sludig

I imagine it was the tangy sauce that also sucked. I've had the regular tenders before, though was like a 2 peice, not having 11 + a 10 piece nugget.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I miss QuickTrip. We got WaWa though which has better food. However it doesn’t compare to QT’s baller drink and icee selection. QT is a stoner’s paradise.
if you guys arent loving WaWa pretzels by now, get your ass over there.

for 1.39. one of these can easily fill you up like a meal.
coffee-soft-pretzel.jpg

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
At my McDonald's, the app orders don't "enter the queue" until you are at the location and tell it which method you prefer. I usually just go through the drivethru and tell them my code, but I did try the parking spot once when it looked busy. I probably waited just as long in that spot as it would have taken to go through the drivethru. Granted, that was only about 10 minutes, not half an hour, but I don't think it would gain me anything to use the spot really, except for being able to turn my car off if it isn't summer and I need my AC to not die.
that parking spot is just a "move bitch get out of the way" for the next car.

Just say you don't think you can maneuver your car into such a tight spot, and you'll just wait where you are.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
that parking spot is just a "move bitch get out of the way" for the next car.

Just say you don't think you can maneuver your car into such a tight spot, and you'll just wait where you are.
Not that parking spot. The ones with the numbers on them that are specifically designated for people picking up mobile app orders.