The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Absolutely. We got local Silver Diner chain down here and it’s awesome.
Silver Diner isn't a diner. It's a restaurant posing as a diner.

They do all sorts of local farm sourcing and carry arugula and other fancy ass ingredients. That's not a diner.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Silver Diner isn't a diner. It's a restaurant posing as a diner.

They do all sorts of local farm sourcing and carry arugula and other fancy ass ingredients. That's not a diner.

Whatever it has Reese’s Milkshake. That’s good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sounds like a hipster diner to me. I don't know how you call it a diner if you have to wait an hour for a table and they're writing about it in the newspaper.
there are no hipsters in that town. its Spanish, Hispanic, Brazilian and Portuguese makeup and its mostly crowded with people trying to get their drunk on. yes, this diner serves alcohol as well.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think the golden years were around the late 90s early 00s, they were trying to get out of that garbage tier food image and actually put out some spectacular items. Then they made a fortune and decided they liked money more than making quality food.

I really miss late JiB and Taco Bell from that era. Chili Cheese burrito, Frito burrito, Quality meat in a sourdough jack, Chicken Fajita pita.

20 years ago the sourdough jack was an insane burger

I still get em once and a while and it always makes me sad

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
20 years ago the sourdough jack was an insane burger

I still get em once and a while and it always makes me sad

I got conned into trying BK's version a few months back, a good sourdough burger is hard to come by.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
We have a place called "Metro Diner". It's closer to a real diner, but turned up to 11. So all the shit is monstrously huge and deep fried and shit. It's pretty fucking great. Also a national chain. I don't know that I'd call it a TRUE Diner though.

938d7f4f-20ac-4b24-b5b3-541d03a70e1f-large16x9_metrodiner.JPG

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We have a place called "Metro Diner". It's closer to a real diner, but turned up to 11. So all the shit is monstrously huge and deep fried and shit. It's pretty fucking great. Also a national chain. I don't know that I'd call it a TRUE Diner though.

938d7f4f-20ac-4b24-b5b3-541d03a70e1f-large16x9_metrodiner.JPG
Metro Diner is fucking amazing. The only thing I love about Florida so far.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Superman Breakfast... K.

That's a standard diner breakfast that you can get at any diner in the NY metro area. Why would you wait an hour for a cheese omelette with home fries, bacon and some pancakes? Don't you live in Jersey? Up your breakfast game chuk.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Superman Breakfast... K.

That's a standard diner breakfast that you can get at any diner in the NY metro area. Why would you wait an hour for a cheese omelette with home fries, bacon and some pancakes? Don't you live in Jersey? Up your breakfast game chuk.
of course, even Ihop you can order something similar. but theirs is super yum. for me to say that their version is what i prefer over a typical burger or steak dinner is saying something. thats not to say that everything else they make isnt awesome. cuz it is. been eating there for 30 years and the Supes breakfast is my favorite. easily worth waiting an hour for and dealing with their terrible parking.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I usually bring my own lunches to work, but I forgot once this week and had a coworker pick me something up at Sonic when they went for lunch. They told me that Sonic had a new 'spicy' Philly Cheesesteak, so I went with that.

I was so disappointed that I'm still mulling over emailing the owner or manager or whatever. This was one of the saddest excuses for a sandwich I've ever had. Almost no meat. The outer part of the bread was stale. The sauce (like a chipotle sauce?) was actually ok, but the near lack of anything else just killed it. The high point of that lunch was the fucking tots.

mQefryj.jpg
Ff5mw7Q.jpg

• 3Barf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Also went to Steak and Shake last night. The poor waitress was waiting the entire seating area by herself, on a Saturday.

I got a Double Cheeseburger meal, foot long chili cheese dog and a butterfinger shake. Buddy got a patty melt, cheese fries, and one of the chili/spaghett things (5-way or supreme?) with a chocolate malt

Afterwards we were both still a bit hungry and debated whether to get another round of entrees, or go somewhere else for round 2. Sadly, every other place we thought sounded good was already closed.

I'm still not sure I'm a fan of the fries. I might do chili and cheese on them next time, as they seem to get hard pretty quick. I tried eating them first while they were warm, and I couldn't eat them fast enough. Or maybe onion rings, I dunno

2XbcNl6.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Afterwards we were both still a bit hungry and debated whether to get another round of entrees, or go somewhere else for round 2. Sadly, every other place we thought sounded good was already closed.
yea, their burgers are pretty tiny.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I usually bring my own lunches to work, but I forgot once this week and had a coworker pick me something up at Sonic when they went for lunch. They told me that Sonic had a new 'spicy' Philly Cheesesteak, so I went with that.

I was so disappointed that I'm still mulling over emailing the owner or manager or whatever. This was one of the saddest excuses for a sandwich I've ever had. Almost no meat. The outer part of the bread was stale. The sauce (like a chipotle sauce?) was actually ok, but the near lack of anything else just killed it. The high point of that lunch was the fucking tots.

mQefryj.jpg
Ff5mw7Q.jpg

wendys-wheres-the-beef.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf