The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also went to Steak and Shake last night. The poor waitress was waiting the entire seating area by herself, on a Saturday.

I got a Double Cheeseburger meal, foot long chili cheese dog and a butterfinger shake. Buddy got a patty melt, cheese fries, and one of the chili/spaghett things (5-way or supreme?) with a chocolate malt

Afterwards we were both still a bit hungry and debated whether to get another round of entrees, or go somewhere else for round 2. Sadly, every other place we thought sounded good was already closed.

I'm still not sure I'm a fan of the fries. I might do chili and cheese on them next time, as they seem to get hard pretty quick. I tried eating them first while they were warm, and I couldn't eat them fast enough. Or maybe onion rings, I dunno

2XbcNl6.jpg

Those fries are only good in the minute or so after they leave the fryer and go downhill from there. They are probably my least favorite fries from a fast food place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1540214785405.jpeg

Ever wake up with a hangover still drunk with taco bell delivered at 3am and you forgot about it because you passed out watching Aliens 30th anniversary Blu-ray and your wife yelled at you for waking her up during the Hudson scene when they come outta the floor and it’s super loud?

Fourth Meal

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
SnS fries are only good when smothered in the cheese sauce or chili or something. Sometimes I skip the fries as a side and just get a full blown bowl of chili.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 180112

Ever wake up with a hangover still drunk with taco bell delivered at 3am and you forgot about it because you passed out watching Aliens 30th anniversary Blu-ray and your wife yelled at you for waking her up during the Hudson scene when they come outta the floor and it’s super loud?

Fourth Meal
The taco boat in those are probably great cold.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Also went to Steak and Shake last night. The poor waitress was waiting the entire seating area by herself, on a Saturday.

I got a Double Cheeseburger meal, foot long chili cheese dog and a butterfinger shake. Buddy got a patty melt, cheese fries, and one of the chili/spaghett things (5-way or supreme?) with a chocolate malt

Afterwards we were both still a bit hungry and debated whether to get another round of entrees, or go somewhere else for round 2. Sadly, every other place we thought sounded good was already closed.

I'm still not sure I'm a fan of the fries. I might do chili and cheese on them next time, as they seem to get hard pretty quick. I tried eating them first while they were warm, and I couldn't eat them fast enough. Or maybe onion rings, I dunno

2XbcNl6.jpg

Chili Cheese Dog and Chili Cheese Fries are my go to, with the Butterfinger shake of course.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
View attachment 180112

Fourth Meal
What's with the pixelated buttons above your thumb? And more importantly, how does the picture have anything to do with your post?

Crone

Got the box tonight, and didn't win. Damn it!!

I know they've had it before, but the double Chalupa is pretty terrible IMO. Regular Chalupas are great, but just not feeling the double size.

Still LOVE the Beefy Crunch Burritos though, with the red fritos!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Only been once but they had a great cheesesteak.
sweet, i just noticed one in a strip mall and i never heard of it before. gonna give it a shot next time i'm out that way. there are still fast food places i havent tried. i have a few Chipotles near me, but after that South Park episode ripping it, i'm not sure i want to take a chance on it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
anyone been to Jersey Mike's? good or bad?
It's the only cheesesteak place of value out here. Honestly, it's "good enough". I get a taste of home without too much trouble. Though realistically, the chicken cheesesteak is a better choice, due to it being loaded with chicken. The normal steak version is lacking in volume.

• 1Like

Crone

It's the only cheesesteak place of value out here. Honestly, it's "good enough". I get a taste of home without too much trouble. Though realistically, the chicken cheesesteak is a better choice, due to it being loaded with chicken. The normal steak version is lacking in volume.
Get the Giant size, and it's like 2 feet long. Volume is certainly not a problem for Jersey Mikes. Lol

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm comparing a regular half cheesesteak from Philly with what Jersey Mikes offers. It's close enough that I'm happy, but not perfect.

I was driving around a manager from there the other day. Turns out they have a place in Jersey that makes all of the dough for the entire franchise. They flash freeze it and ship it all around the world every day. Then each store has to bake their own bread every morning. They've tried locally sourced breads in various markets, but something about the water in the Philly/Jersey area makes that bread the best.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Got the box tonight, and didn't win. Damn it!!

I know they've had it before, but the double Chalupa is pretty terrible IMO. Regular Chalupas are great, but just not feeling the double size.

Still LOVE the Beefy Crunch Burritos though, with the red fritos!

yeah, never heard anyone say they love the XL chalupas, and the workers kinda hate making them. they take a special fryer basket we had to dig out of storage when the special happens, and you can only cook two at a time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
anyone been to Jersey Mike's? good or bad?

They make a decent cheesesteak, I have no other options in the area so it is all I have to fill the cravings. I miss the mom and pop shop on the other side of Dallas.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Jersey Mike's is really good for being a chain sandwich shop. All the deli meats are sliced to order right in front of you. Limited topping choices, but it's all good. #9 (roast beef, Turkey, bacon, mayo, Mike's way) is heaven.