The Fast Food Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know about that. I used to go to NYC for business a lot and the pizza joint right by the office was fucking garbage.
those "Ray" places are as far as i know are knockoff franchises . the Original Ray pizza place went out of business 7 years ago and whats left is a fake franchise.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
"new" bfast items at mcdonalds

View attachment 180357

looks like they just took the most popular special order combo and are probably adding some cents to the special order cost and releasing as an item.
Well, my breakfast is officially confirmed for much of the next month. Triple stack with a hash brown broken up and included on the stack, with the McGriddle bun for that syrupy goodness, and I'll be in heaven.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So as much as I love them I'm pretty sure i'm slightly allergic to the McGriddle bread. Whenever I eat one I get a fuzzy mouth feeling. #feelsbadman

It's the only item at McDonalds that causes this.

• 1WTF

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So as much as I love them I'm pretty sure i'm slightly allergic to the McGriddle bread. Whenever I eat one I get a fuzzy mouth feeling. #feelsbadman

It's the only item at McDonalds that causes this.
Maybe that's just the taste of victory?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
those "Ray" places are as far as i know are knockoff franchises . the Original Ray pizza place went out of business 7 years ago and whats left is a fake franchise.
the best pizzarias in ny are the ones that are operated by mexicans. Basically in the 80s, the italians hired cheap Mexican labor, and by the 00's 2010s these italians are old as fuck and would rather eat meatballs than make em, and their italian sons would rather chill at the beach than flip some dough, so they all end up selling the business to the mexicans that work there.

Now of course, you can't get away with having an italian restaurant owned by Mexicans, ppl still expect to see fat tony coming out with spaghetti gravy, but a pizzaria with Mexicans? sure.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Asked son what he wanted. "Chicken nuggets and a sweet tea" so I went to Cookout, got two combos and had the rest.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That new McD's breakfast sandwiches look fucking great. The problem I had with most of their breakfast stuff was it's too dry, but by upping the cheese/meat ratio it'll definitely help counter that. Throwing a hashbrown patty and some sort of breakfast sauce on one of those would be amazing.

Also I'd definitely go McGriddle buns as they help the dryness. But with all that other shit biscuit might actually be okay.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do they keep the biscuits in the steamer or whatever it's called at McDonald's? Everyone I go the biscuits are the softest melt in your mouth buttery things. Must have some kick ass McDonald's around here.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do they keep the biscuits in the steamer or whatever it's called at McDonald's? Everyone I go the biscuits are the softest melt in your mouth buttery things. Must have some kick ass McDonald's around here.
no, the only thing that gets steamed would be the hamburger bun for fish filet, unless you're talking about the warming drawers.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
no, the only thing that gets steamed would be the hamburger bun for fish filet, unless you're talking about the warming drawers.
It must be the Pacific Northwest. It's so humid up here most of the time that the biscuits just come out soft and delicious and never dry!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Red

E5CC4A82-F896-45D4-B5D4-E72102A98948.jpeg

Dead

DB9F4188-54D6-4833-B780-CCC0D144B38D.jpeg

CA1A91E4-C579-4168-AA91-6FCA9AD58854.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd imagine it's a lot like going to NYC and just randomly walking into a place for a slice of pizza or a bagel. You might luck out and walk into a good spot but chances are it's gonna be disappointing unless you know someone who can guide you to the good stuff.

I think it's like that everywhere. Go to any BBQ city and there's bad/mediocre places mixed in with the good/great ones. Locals are just reluctant to admit that they've got some of the worst places mixed in with the best, because when they talk about BBQ they sure as shit aint talking about the places they won't go.

It's almost like when you have BBQ, Pizza, Greek, Italian or whatever on every corner, it's because everyone and their brother opens one of those places, including the fuckers that are terrible at it.

It was like that when I lived in Buffalo. Lot's of pizza places everywhere. Had some of the best pizza there, but also some of the absolutely worst garbage pizza ever.

I didn't spend enough time in LA to form an opinion, but to hear people from LA talk, they have the best food of every type, anywhere. And I'm sure if you spend the time to suss out all the hidden gems you can find a bunch of amazing places. But you can't tell me that LA doesn't have tons of garbage-tier places, either. And LA strikes me as one of those places (like Texas, NYC, Chicago, etc) where locals will go on at great length about how their food is better than everywhere else, w/o exception, to the point that you start thinking of ways to bail on the conversation.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My cholesterol count went up just looking at that haul by Regime. That's pretty fucking epic. Well, except for the ketchup.

EDIT: By the lack of room in the freezer, I'm assuming the frozen pizza was cooked right after that picture was taken.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users