The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
ketchup is ketchup

(clearly not a supertaster)

This is mostly true. I'll eat whatever ketchup. Rarely, RARELY have I ever had a "bad" ketchup. When I did it was some weird cheapo brand or oofy organic shit. It didn't have the sweet corn syrup taste that is probably in most of the good ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Heinz Sugar Free Ketchup is even good, sweetened with Sucralose instead of sugar. i got it since i eat keto, but my girlfriend eats sugar and says she can't taste a difference, she eats it sometimes when she runs out of her regular ketchup.

it's hard to fuck up ketchup.

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There's a ton of stuff that people get picky about. Like peanut butter...do people really notice a difference on name brands? Like...the cheap knock-offs, sure...but Jif and Skippy? I accidentally buy one or the other and I usually don't notice.

Spaghett sauce...does anyone notice a brand difference? The only thing I really significantly notice is the stuff in a can tastes metallic to me.

Brands of ice cream...beyond specific flavors, I just like the oblong containers that let me an entire gallon with a spoon while I cry and play online games w/o getting ice cream all over me. Those tall, round cylinder containers? Fuck that. I need the one for fatties. But I don't really taste a difference between brands all that much.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Dude. Peanut butter differences are huge. Get Kraft chunky from Canada. It's totally different. So much better

As far as spaghetti sauce...I make my own. So whatever.

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Peppermint ice cream sandwiches sound amazing.

Pisses me off they are limited time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There's a ton of stuff that people get picky about. Like peanut butter...do people really notice a difference on name brands? Like...the cheap knock-offs, sure...but Jif and Skippy? I accidentally buy one or the other and I usually don't notice.

Spaghett sauce...does anyone notice a brand difference? The only thing I really significantly notice is the stuff in a can tastes metallic to me.

Brands of ice cream...beyond specific flavors, I just like the oblong containers that let me an entire gallon with a spoon while I cry and play online games w/o getting ice cream all over me. Those tall, round cylinder containers? Fuck that. I need the one for fatties. But I don't really taste a difference between brands all that much.
Ragu is watery. Prego hasnsubstance. Huge difference. I grew up as a ragu kid because it was cheaper, but I was friends with Prego kids and man was in jealous

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Ragu is watery. Prego hasnsubstance. Huge difference. I grew up as a ragu kid because it was cheaper, but I was friends with Prego kids and man was in jealous
Well, I had been thinking solely along taste lines, but I can see the wateriness

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Peanut Butter and Ketchup and stuff, who cares.

Spaghetti Sauce, gtfo. There is a pretty big difference across the brands and types. If you eat shitty spaghetti sauce that is watery and tastes like it should be in Spaghetti-O's please never eat pasta again.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Sup with that hippie food? Also, no one should ever eat ketchup.
DB9F4188-54D6-4833-B780-CCC0D144B38D.jpeg

• 2Supertaster

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Skippy is the smooth, rich peanutty flavor from my childhood. Jif was just like, well it's peanut butter, I guess. Peter Pan can fuck off. Skippy is the winner. I would recommend their Natural Smooth versions. Honey roasted or normal. Fuck everything else.

-edit
For bread, if you have a time machine, go back to 1979 and buy a loaf of Wonder Bread. If not. Buy a loaf of Pepperidge Farm Hearty White bread to go with your PB. If you gotta have jelly. Try some Smuckers apricot preserve.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Say something about tomato marmalade or some shit and we'll have you out of here on a fucking rail.
I just don't understand what you would put it on, that you wouldn't already be putting BBQ sauce on.

• 1Dislike

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Peanut Butter and Ketchup and stuff, who cares.

Spaghetti Sauce, gtfo. There is a pretty big difference across the brands and types. If you eat shitty spaghetti sauce that is watery and tastes like it should be in Spaghetti-O's please never eat pasta again.
The key to a good lasagna is one can of Chef Boyardee ravioli and a jug of cottage cheese.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity