The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We used to use UberEats occasionally . Last time the driver picked up our food and went home then marked it delived then wouldn't refund us. So won't be doing thst again.
I've had weird problems with Grubhub in the past as well where it became a restaurant vs Grubhub he said she said bull shit situation. Grubhub would refund the delivery fee but not the cold food I got. The delivery driver said they just got the call to pickup a few minutes prior to delivery. Who knows. Sounds a little like the restaurant forgot to call for a driver but it was an hour and a half to get cold food and I think Grubhub should have handled it better.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't have been half as pissed if we actually got food. Instead we bought some asshole dinner basically and paid a big fee on top of it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Chips are like air.
This guy is full of air:

1551197597843.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I've had weird problems with Grubhub in the past as well where it became a restaurant vs Grubhub he said she said bull shit situation. Grubhub would refund the delivery fee but not the cold food I got. The delivery driver said they just got the call to pickup a few minutes prior to delivery. Who knows. Sounds a little like the restaurant forgot to call for a driver but it was an hour and a half to get cold food and I think Grubhub should have handled it better.

Sounds like a good way to get people to drop their service completely. I remember a few years back one of the first few times I used Uber I ended up with some unknown rides in another state and had difficulty getting in touch with them since no phone number line. I emailed them and forth a couple of times with them trying to claim I allowed access to some rando to use my credit card instead of correcting the issue apologizing and providing correct customer service. After that call I had the credit card company issue a refund and issue a new card never used Uber since and went with their competitor Lyft.

If some dickhead driver decided to fuck me out of my food and Grubhub or Ubereats told me to suck a dick instead of correcting the issue, apologizing, refunding the order, and reprimanding/firing the driver I would never use the service again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If some dickhead driver decided to fuck me out of my food and Grubhub or Ubereats told me to suck a dick instead of correcting the issue, apologizing, refunding the order, and reprimanding/firing the driver I would never use the service again.

Exactly which is what we are doing. Ubereats can die in a fire.

Crone

Sounds like a good way to get people to drop their service completely. I remember a few years back one of the first few times I used Uber I ended up with some unknown rides in another state and had difficulty getting in touch with them since no phone number line. I emailed them and forth a couple of times with them trying to claim I allowed access to some rando to use my credit card instead of correcting the issue apologizing and providing correct customer service. After that call I had the credit card company issue a refund and issue a new card never used Uber since and went with their competitor Lyft.

Oh trust me, I haven't used Grubhub since! :)

With 3 kids, when it was available to us at home, we would order up a feast after the kids had gone to bed and have a nice dinner in while watching a movie. Made for a nice "stay-cation" date night type of thing.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Whenever I'm in Vegas for vacation or some bullshit seminar I'm required to go to, I grubhub/doordash/ubereats and I have had zero issue with any of them. In my hometown? I have absolutely zero faith that my food would be here before it was cold.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've used doordash like 10 times in the past year when i'm working at my warehouse, never had a problem

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Still traveling a lot I assume? I've cut way back because I keep spending time in small towns that don't have Uber or Grubhub.

Its lazy as fuck but so nice to get that shit right to your room! Sometimes I'll be less lazy and meet them downstairs in the hotel lobby.
damn, plz name two towns so tiny uber doesn't exist.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1551215966060.png

Baked and Wired Georgetown

Elvis cupcake extra bacon

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had a double beef arby's old school roast beef slathered in horsey sauce today. It was actually delicious... and dem curly fries.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not quite fast food, but there’s a Japanese/Mexican fusion food truck in the city I’ve been dying to try for the longest time and just never was able to be at the right place and right time for them. Had to stop in the city today and decided to try to make a run for it right before they closed. Got there ten minutes late but the guy was still there and whipped me up a thrasher plate. Japanese style pork, shrimp and steak with bacon, cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes over a bed of sushi rice and topped with sesame seeds and all kinds of Japanese and Mexican spices and sauces. My god, it was worth it. This shit was amazing. I had tipped the guy $10 for letting me in late and he gave me an extra plate for it since he had some ingredients still before closing. Got some for dinner too.

290171B2-35DB-47DA-AA64-CEF61684CF3B.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The best way to get fast, quality customer service for those types of services is Twitter. It's actually the best way to get customer service for anything these days. Companies give a shit more when your complaints are visible to the public.

Crone

The best way to get fast, quality customer service for those types of services is Twitter. It's actually the best way to get customer service for anything these days. Companies give a shit more when your complaints are visible to the public.
That didn't work for shit with Samsung, but some helpful dude in the Smartphones thread gave me the email of the Senior VP of Customer Service for North America. Sent a polite professional email t him explaining my situation and he forwarded it to his customer service people who got things taken care of.

But I agree, for the most part, Twitter is the way to go these days.