The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
So we all know the p'zone is back, right? They're $6 where I am, or 2 for $10 if you get the pepperoni via the $5 if you buy 2 sides/a medium pizza deal. But check this out: they always give you that $10 off $20 or more coupon with a survey, which is usually not worth it cause it only works on full price stuff that you could reduce further normally. But, now you can get 4 p'zones for $24, then reduce that down to $14+ tax with the survey coupon, which means your p'zone is gonna work out to be $3.50 +tax each.

I'm eating a lot of p'zones, is what I'm getting at. I really hope they do not get wise to this.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Went to a BJ's Brewhouse for lunch today. Pretty terrible. I had very low expectations and it was worse than that. Would have much rather had Wendy's of Chik-Fil-A. But I was on a time crunch and down in Cupertino in unfamiliar territory. Good thing was that it was only $10 for a burger and fries which is extremely impressive for the Bay Area.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So we all know the p'zone is back, right? They're $6 where I am, or 2 for $10 if you get the pepperoni via the $5 if you buy 2 sides/a medium pizza deal. But check this out: they always give you that $10 off $20 or more coupon with a survey, which is usually not worth it cause it only works on full price stuff that you could reduce further normally. But, now you can get 4 p'zones for $24, then reduce that down to $14+ tax with the survey coupon, which means your p'zone is gonna work out to be $3.50 +tax each.

I'm eating a lot of p'zones, is what I'm getting at. I really hope they do not get wise to this.

These are on the 5 dollar menu thing here.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Almost everything at Pizza hut is gross

As a kid my mom used to only order Pizza Hut Deep Dish whatever. For a long time I thought that's what pizza just was.. Deep Dish. I don't think I had anything different until I was like 12 when it came to pizza.

Unsurprisingly I generally hate deep dish now and only make an exception for Chicago Style.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Went to a BJ's Brewhouse for lunch today. Pretty terrible. I had very low expectations and it was worse than that. Would have much rather had Wendy's of Chik-Fil-A. But I was on a time crunch and down in Cupertino in unfamiliar territory. Good thing was that it was only $10 for a burger and fries which is extremely impressive for the Bay Area.

I really don’t like this place either. Always scary when a menu is 15 pages long and includes everything under the sun. Give me a good specialized place with like 4 things to pick from.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As a kid my mom used to only order Pizza Hut Deep Dish whatever. For a long time I thought that's what pizza just was.. Deep Dish. I don't think I had anything different until I was like 12 when it came to pizza.

Unsurprisingly I generally hate deep dish now and only make an exception for Chicago Style.
My wife loves pizza hut and I find that so weird. I'd rather go to a mom and pops place INSERT SYSCO ALL PIZZA IS THE SAME COMMENG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
BJs is great for the same reason Cheesecake Factory is great: massive portions. You don't go to either one for quality food. You go for mountains of it.

Anyway, neither one is that bad. No worse than any other casual chain restaurant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think Cheesecake Factory is much higher quality. The burger I had was less than mediocre and the fries were limp and flavorless. Agreed through that it's similar in menu. Tacos, burgers, pasta, pizza. Fucking everything. It took me like 10 minutes just to decide what I wanted.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had Arby's again after an interview. Seriously Arby's is the king of fries. I can't get enough of those curly fries.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
BJs is great for the same reason Cheesecake Factory is great: massive portions. You don't go to either one for quality food. You go for mountains of it.

Anyway, neither one is that bad. No worse than any other casual chain restaurant.

The amount of food you get from either place is just insane. We don't go often, but the real reason anyone should ever go to Cheesecake Factory is for the obvious, cheesecake. Finally decided we could easily get one entree, split it, and still get Cheesecake for just over $20. Really not a terrible deal.

I think Cheesecake Factory is much higher quality.

I agree, BJ's just doesn't do it for me. Both menu's are novels though, shit's crazy.

Been hitting up this drive-thru burger joint that's spread throughout Dallas-Fort Worth and Oklahoma called Burger Street. Shocking how solid their burger is.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had Arby's again after an interview. Seriously Arby's is the king of fries. I can't get enough of those curly fries.

They redid the burgers at BW3 after Arby’s took over and they’re not bad. Not awesome but much better than before. Also overhauled their uniforms and can now wear jeans + regular shirts instead of jerseys. A lot of the servers I talked to don’t like it. Anyways, they were really hoping that they’d make changes to their fries to bring them more in line with Arby’s fries. Might make me go more than once every two months.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
20190321_124848.jpg

Bojangles fish had me intrigued but it was nothing more than oversized fish stick. Maybe the worst of all fast food fish.
Luckily I chased it with Supremes - and the dream came true: the rogue tenders that jump the bin, taunting you just wanting to be eaten. "Maybe they'll add them as kicker" in 20 odd years they never did. Until today. I bought one scrip for $1.19 and got three.

In other news, kambucha tastes like vinegar and I got the saddest seasoning distributed bag of chips. I knew $1.29 for a large ruffled was too good to be true. And the thicc dining room attendant at the local pizza place has returned after a several week break.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They redid the burgers at BW3 after Arby’s took over and they’re not bad. Not awesome but much better than before. Also overhauled their uniforms and can now wear jeans + regular shirts instead of jerseys. A lot of the servers I talked to don’t like it. Anyways, they were really hoping that they’d make changes to their fries to bring them more in line with Arby’s fries. Might make me go more than once every two months.

I enjoy BW3 fries. Especially with the cheese and bacon. But the bacon could also be doing most of the heavy lifting there.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
View attachment 200270
Bojangles fish had me intrigued but it was nothing more than oversized fish stick. Maybe the worst of all fast food fish.
Luckily I chased it with Supremes - and the dream came true: the rogue tenders that jump the bin, taunting you just wanting to be eaten. "Maybe they'll add them as kicker" in 20 odd years they never did. Until today. I bought one scrip for $1.19 and got three.

In other news, kambucha tastes like vinegar and I got the saddest seasoning distributed bag of chips. I knew $1.29 for a large ruffled was too good to be true. And the thicc dining room attendant at the local pizza place has returned after a several week break.

Oh you motherfucker. I had Bojangles everyday the one time I was in North Carolina, that shit was amazing!

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh you motherfucker. I had Bojangles everyday the one time I was in North Carolina, that shit was amazing!
Notice my extra seasoning

20190321_190334.jpg

Today's test kitchen.
Parfaits are the bomb. Don't seem healthy at all. But they're good. Highly recommend