The Fast Food Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I gotta tell you guys, even though I fear judgement, I eat at Subway about twice a month. It's right next to the rink, and when the kids are done with hockey, it's an easy meal. We all have our favourites. The bread is no where near as bad as you guys are saying. Compare Subway's bread to McDonalds' buns. And then there is the fact that Subway has fresh ingredients (all the veggies), and that's not so bad.

Sorry, guys. Subway ain't the end of the world. I'd rather eat there than Sonic, Long John Silvers, or a host of other crappy fast food places.

My point was that the Subway bread wasn't made to be toasted and the toaster over turns their tolerable bread into pure inedible dogshit. I mean a $5 meatball sub from them is a cheap filler meal but really Subway is one of the lowest forms of fast food placing it above Sonic is some supertaster shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
$12 bacon wrapped Little Caesars was fairly garbage, but putting slices in air fryer for 2 mins improves it considerably.

Little Caesars is another no go place for me 99% of the time. The only time I will do that shit is for the $5 Hot & Ready for cheap filler food, thats budget level eatin.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Little Caesars is another no go place for me 99% of the time. The only time I will do that shit is for the $5 Hot & Ready for cheap filler food, thats budget level eatin.
Leaving work, to left is home, to right is Little Caesars/grocery. The grocery's exit is also Little Caesar's drive through line.

You may imagine the temptation.

Also, key lime lemonade from CFA was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
$12 bacon wrapped Little Caesars was fairly garbage, but putting slices in air fryer for 2 mins improves it considerably.

little sleazers is WILDLY variable in quality, even from pie to pie in the same restaurant. i don't get it.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Did you get like 3-4 cups of the Jalapeno Cheddar sauce to dip it in? Also their Zap Packs really give it some extra flavor.
I'm not saying it's great pizza but it can be improved with stuff they have. I mainly go here for their Extra Most Bestest Pepperoni pizza since it's only bucks and still better than a frozen one.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you get like 3-4 cups of the Jalapeno Cheddar sauce to dip it in? Also their Zap Packs really give it some extra flavor.
I'm not saying it's great pizza but it can be improved with stuff they have. I mainly go here for their Extra Most Bestest Pepperoni pizza since it's only bucks and still better than a frozen one.
I tried the Jalapeno cheddar once and was unimpressed. It wasn't bad persay, but isn't pizza flavor. Maybe alright on sticks, but I rarely get those.
I typically get garlic butter and marinara - I especially like their marinara though their cups are getting smaller

Edit: what's a zap pack?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I tried the Jalapeno cheddar once and was unimpressed. It wasn't bad persay, but isn't pizza flavor. Maybe alright on sticks, but I rarely get those.
I typically get garlic butter and marinara - I especially like their marinara though their cups are getting smaller

Edit: what's a zap pack?

They are free seasoning packs. Basically kind of like an Italian Seasoning type deal you can sprinkle on the pizza.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
An old bandmate of mine used to say that the Zap Packs turn a $5 pizza into a $10 pizza.

Bit of an exaggeration imo. Maybe turns it into a $7.50. :)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just wrecked a bag of Chicago mix.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It isn't that I wouldn't ever eat a Subway sandwich if it were given to me for free or something, but if I'm buying it, I'd rather go to one of the 4 or 5 Togo's around me instead. Sure it costs more, but it is worth it to me. And if Togo's suddenly closed down, there are still plenty of other places I'd pick over Subway.

Jimmy Johns would still come before Subway, but I do not see the attraction, at all. They are basically on par with the cleanest and nicest Subway, and that's about it. The only plus (?) is that their one cheese choice is provolone instead of "different colored American cheese" which is what you get when you ask for something different at Subway. Yet it costs more than Subway. No clue why everyone likes this place, unless they just have no other options but Subway.
Jimmy Johns just has better bread, and their meat is slightly better.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly the bacon doesn’t make it better at all, worse in my opinion. Just stick with the normal deep deep dish. I think it’s pretty good for the cost and convenience of it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Had the spicy nuggets from BK yesterday, probably the best fast food item factoring in taste and cost right now. They are really good, and at 15 cents each crazy cheap.

Also, for some reason I’m really liking the orange Vanilla Coke Zero. I like Coke Zero to begin with, but I wouldn’t have thought orange and vanilla would work together.

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had the spicy nuggets from BK yesterday, probably the best fast food item factoring in taste and cost right now. They are really good, and at 15 cents each crazy cheap.

Also, for some reason I’m really liking the orange Vanilla Coke Zero. I like Coke Zero to begin with, but I wouldn’t have thought orange and vanilla would work together.
Their spicy nuggets are pretty damn good honestly. Not Wendy's level but a decent replacement