The Fast Food Thread

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Firehouse Subs is pretty good imo, at least the one in Georgia I ate at all the time was great. The one down here in SW FL is less great, but still good. My main complaint here is less about quality and just that they are slow as fuck

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mccheese has been proven wrong so many times but he's still your king, I don't get it. At least I know why Trump got.elected

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Mccheese has been proven wrong so many times but he's still your king, I don't get it. At least I know why Trump got.elected

It's not exactly a shocker that he was misinformed about the healthiness of fast food. It kind of helps explain a few things.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I go to Cheba Hut for a quality sandwich but I think it's a west coast thing.
Late to the party, but I'm with lurkingdirk lurkingdirk and go to Subway probably twice a month. Get the chicken bacon ranch sandwich, and it's pretty damn good. Wife loves the meatball.

As for Cheba Hut, holy shit, it's the best sandwich shop that I never get to go to anymore since moving away from Arizona. :(

Also, Noodleface Noodleface This P'zone dude coming at you hard. Don't take that. He's a P'zone guy.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Someone drank the subway Koolaid. No matter what you get you're starting off with 400-500 calories of bread in a footlong. The vast majority of their sandwiches are in the 700's+ BEFORE condiments and anything else shitty added on.

A cold cut combo, no condiments, with provolone and all the veggies you could want is 760 calories. If you choose the basic bread, if you get fancy bread most of them are another 100 calories. If you do condiments, thats anywhere from 100-200 extra calories. And that's a barebones cold sandwich, if you get anything fancy your breaking 1,000 calories without even trying.

SUBWAY IS NOT INHERENTLY HEALTHIER.

I never said Subway is inherently healthier. I said it's one of the best places to get low calorie, filling meals. This is true.

You can get a footlong sandwich like turkey or black forest ham, a million veggies, and mustard for 600 - 700 calories depending on the meat and bread. It's hard to beat something that big and that filling for that amount of calories at other fast food places. If you can't eat a sandwich without oil, cheese, mayo, fancy bread, or multiple meats, then yeah, it's no good. But it definitely has low calorie options, whether or not you choose to take advantage of them or enjoy them.

If a basic footlong sub at Subway fills me up as a meal, it should certainly fill up all your little girl stomachs who get full on half a chipotle bowl.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Two words. Buffalo chips

Fake news!

February 1, 2017 Noodleface posted:

McCheese McCheese McCheese McCheese I got the buff cheddar chips. Fairly good. Good amount of heat. Some Buffalo tang and cheddar undertones but the real star here is the potato. Very crunchy too. Not a tv watching snack for sure.

7.5/10

The Fast Food Thread

trmp1.gif

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Firehouse is good but spendy. I mean it's like $10.50 for a combo. I get a BOGO in the mail like once every few months and that's when I go.

Yeah, it's definitely higher price for this kind of stuff. Though to be fair, their large subs are fucking huge, that shit could easily be 2 meals if you don't want to stuff your face

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
$12 bacon wrapped Little Caesars was fairly garbage, but putting slices in air fryer for 2 mins improves it considerably.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sonic's new Brunch Burger is pretty solid. I don't really eat there now that the chicago dog was removed but might have to start going back. Which Wich is my new favorite sub shop. Tons of options.

Which Wich is my go to sandwhich place. Their seafood sub is the bomb.

• 1Solidarity