The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We had a local start up or something called Chef Shuttle that I ordered from a lot, then was acquired by Bite Squad and the service hasn’t really changed. Although I rarely get anything delivery since I’ve been doing a Hello Fresh and cooking at home for the last year.

Anyways, the strangest thing to me about the meal delivery services (other than Lurch, Bruenhilda, and Shakwanda that deliver the food) is just how much business some places do with them. These local bars that have absolutely trash food that is never eat while drinking Heineken, Heineken, Heineken, fucking Jaeger Bombs will have drivers lined up three deep waiting on their delivery food. Another place that serves nothing but soft food for a bunch of geriatrics does an absurd amount of Bite Squad. My regular bar was actually doing SO MUCH bite squad business they dropped them and switched to Waitr. Now there’s just a few a night.
Funny you mention Bitesquad. I've never heard of them until literally just yesterday when I was looking for a Chicago Style stuffed pizza place, and the best rated place in Seattle for it happen to also deliver via Bitesquad. Will have to see about using them more.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Chuy's is terrible. Torchy's is good and Veracruz is top tier in terms of tacos. What are you doing down here?

Go to Rudy's BBQ for fast bbq that's decent. Pinthouse Pizza is insanely popular here too. Along with Hopdoddy for burgers if you want to do the full nine!
I was in town for a friends wedding so spent like 2 days out near Brady, TX and the rest in Austin hanging out. Me and him were talking and while Chuys isnt good by any means, compared to what the NE passes off as mexican food, its a top tier reataurant.

Still kind of weird that no one does burritos out here though, its all tacos.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was in town for a friends wedding so spent like 2 days out near Brady, TX and the rest in Austin hanging out. Me and him were talking and while Chuys isnt good by any means, compared to what the NE passes off as mexican food, its a top tier reataurant.

Still kind of weird that no one does burritos out here though, its all tacos.

Breakfast tacos being available on every street corner makes up for the lack of mission style burritos.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I ordered some food on Grubhub tonight. 35-45 minute expected delivery. 20 minutes after I ordered I get a text that due to traffic from an accident the driver is delayed and it will be 30 minutes. 1.5 hours after I ordered it's updated to delivered, and watching the gps on the app after the driver got the food from the place he never get even remotely close to my house.

They refunded me, but come the fuck on man.

This is the kind of criminal shit that will make me never use your app again, you should be doing way more than refunding me. They didn't even offer to send anything else, or apologize, or anything. Just oh here's your money back. Yep, you're fucking done. If I knew I was going to wait 1.5 hours to not have food I'd have done something else.
I had this exact experience with Uber Eats except at the end they said "The guy says he delivered it we are not going to refund you". Never gave those thieving bastards another dollar and I had my wife contest it with the credit card company.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Chuy's is terrible. Torchy's is good and Veracruz is top tier in terms of tacos. What are you doing down here?

Go to Rudy's BBQ for fast bbq that's decent. Pinthouse Pizza is insanely popular here too. Along with Hopdoddy for burgers if you want to do the full nine!

Rudy's has okay BBQ for KS/TX/OK, but nothing great except their breakfast tacos. Those things are goddamn amazing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Breakfast tacos being available on every street corner makes up for the lack of mission style burritos.

Nothing could make up for the lack of Mission style burritos. Nothing.

• 2Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I went to McDonald's today. They were promoting the new "World Wide Favorites" menu. One of which was a ton of bacon on a budget, then gouda cheese. I remembered the comments from this thread, so noped out of that one.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like you guys are suggesting gouda doesn't go well with a burger, which is nonsense. Smoked Gouda is god tier on a burger. That burger may just suck but it's not cuz it's a bad cheese choice!

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hmm not sure how I feel about this

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like you guys are suggesting gouda doesn't go well with a burger, which is nonsense. Smoked Gouda is god tier on a burger. That burger may just suck but it's not cuz it's a bad cheese choice!
Sure but I think McDonald's probably isn't the best place to get a gouda burger

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nothing could make up for the lack of Mission style burritos. Nothing.

I lived in Santa Cruz for some years and I had my weekly mission burrito the entire time. That said, I'm cool with not having them anymore.

Tacos give you variety. I havent craved a burrito in years.

That said. Papa Chanos in the Monterey area is my favorite burrito in California.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I first moved to the bay area I was horrified by the fact that they put rice in their burritos. I'm not horrified anymore, but I still don't think that shit belongs in there. I liked the Burritos in Phoenix better than Mission style. The only mexican place in my town now smothers all of their burritos which is okay, but sometimes I wish I could pick up one wrapped in foil that I could theoretically eat with one hand while driving.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So as loosely as you want to believe, Chipotle is Mission style burritos?

The massive burritos that I get from places like Muchas Gracias, Losbetos, Filibertos, Robertos, Elibertos, etc. are also all mission style sorta?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My understanding is that mission style means that there is rice in it and the tortilla is steamed so it sticks to itself. I'm not an expert though and I imagine Alex will be along to correct me. I've never been to Chipotle, but I consider the "bertos" places in Phoenix to be different from Mission style. I don't know if I'm right about that though.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Chuy's is terrible.
We went to one when I was in Houston a year or two ago. I mean, it wasn't BAD...we also went to a Papasitos (?) for lunch and it was much better. Weird that there was a seafood place right next door with a similar name that they say was owned by the same family?

They opened a Chuy's here in KC, and a few of my friends went without me. I guess they thought it was so bad that they won't go back, and I just haven't cared enough to try this one.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We went to one when I was in Houston a year or two ago. I mean, it wasn't BAD...we also went to a Papasitos (?) for lunch and it was much better. Weird that there was a seafood place right next door with a similar name that they say was owned by the same family?

They opened a Chuy's here in KC, and a few of my friends went without me. I guess they thought it was so bad that they won't go back, and I just haven't cared enough to try this one.
Theres a bunch of different onea Pappacitos, Pappaduex, a BBQ style I forget the name of and the seafood place.

If you go back to Houston dont waste your time with other mexican and just go here. Best tacos I've had since I left Socal.

Titas Taco House
320 Wilson Rd, Humble, TX 77338
(281) 446-4175

• 1Quality Calories

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My understanding is that mission style means that there is rice in it and the tortilla is steamed so it sticks to itself. I'm not an expert though and I imagine Alex will be along to correct me. I've never been to Chipotle, but I consider the "bertos" places in Phoenix to be different from Mission style. I don't know if I'm right about that though.

This is also my understanding. Though maybe Mission style also includes guacamole? Rice is definitely a requirement though. Basically what you get at Chipotle.

And California style was a surprisingly amazing treat. Replace rice with French fries. So good.