The Fast Food Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That might be debatable because NYC counts as most of the whole honkin' island. I'd like to see the ratio per area.

I mean ffs, here in NJ we typically have at least a burger place, chinese restaurant, deli, and pizza place per square mile lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
do you ppl that complain about ny'ers saying ny pizza is the best, have ever actually had a ny pie?

and i'm not talking about a slice somewhere in times sq?

I've had NY pizza since it was .25c a slice, i used to think it was .10c but my sister corrected me it was .25c cuz everyone on the block went apeshit when it went to .50c

then a weird thing started happening, the cost of a slice of pizza was exactly the price of a train ride. When the fares jumped to $1, the cost of a slice soon followed.

what is it you yokels want to believe? thats it's the watuh?

you wanna believe it's not the watuh but the old ovens that have been in operation for at least 50 years? heres a fat wop explaining it
"New York has a grand tradition of pizza making and holds it dear," Batali says. "An oven captures the gestalt of beautifully cooked pizza. And it imparts that."

"As you cook, some ingredients vaporize, and these volatilized particles can attach themselves to the walls of the baking cavity," Tisi says. "The next time you use the oven, these bits get caught up in the convection currents and deposited on the food, which adds flavor.

How many san fran shit restaurants just pop up and they make "artisan" pizzas that look like this shit
ls.jpg

b/c they know they can't make a good ny pie, so they call their monstrosities "artisanal"?

all those west coast pizzas, you can't even scrape the bottom of the pizza and hear a nice crust, cuz it's still fucking fluffy

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How many san fran shit restaurants just pop up and they make "artisan" pizzas that look like this shit
ls.jpg

b/c they know they can't make a good ny pie, so they call their monstrosities "artisanal"?

all those west coast pizzas, you can't even scrape the bottom of the pizza and hear a nice crust, cuz it's still fucking fluffy

Dude that looks like it could be a pizza from one of those heralded New York pizza joints like Grimaldi's or Roberta's.

Raw tomatoes on pizza should never happen though. That's a travesty.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Dude that looks like it could be a pizza from one of those heralded New York pizza joints like Grimaldi's or Roberta's.

It's almost like all pizzas from non-chain places are pretty much the same...

otmm.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Raw tomatoes on pizza should never happen though. That's a travesty.
Honestly it looks like someone bought a mixed salad at the supermarket and dumped it on top

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's almost like all pizzas from non-chain places are pretty much the same...

otmm.gif

Well you have the lowest standards of all time when it comes to food. Can't really take your word for anything. You probably think mozzarella and burrata are the same. Heathen.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Except the pizza actually is better in NY. Competition breeds success and there is no city in America with more pizza places than NY.
You would think there would be a ton in south FL, too, with all the NY experts who live here!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Back on the grubhub and door dash stuff...as someone that goes and picks it up myself and then takes it home/work, I've seen my fair share of delivery drivers picking up food. I know that you guys obviously see who is delivering your food too, but it feels like 8/10 of the pickup drivers I've run across are people I wouldn't trust to shovel shit, let alone bring me my food. And if you ever have a restaurant that doesn't staple your bags closed, I'd stop ordering from them. You're just feeding the drivers some of your food at that point. Some don't even have the forethought to wait until they are outside of the restaurant before eating some fries, etc.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've used Grubhub, Uber eats, Postmates less than 10 times total and pretty much every time has been disappointing. I'm not lazy enough to justify overpriced, cold fast food.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just ordered from Uber Eats! Of the dozens of times I've ordered from them all, overall I'm happy. You just learn some tricks, to make it better, and who not to order from. Either what service or what restaurants.

Today's order:
  • Swedish Pancakes
  • Special Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast
    Over Easy (1)
    2 Bacon Strips (1)

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I've used Grubhub, Uber eats, Postmates less than 10 times total and pretty much every time has been disappointing. I'm not lazy enough to justify overpriced, cold fast food.
The company pays such awful wages to their workers, its no surprise the food turns up cold. The people Ive met who do thisbwork for like 3 apps at one time, drove uber while picking up postmates/grubhub when they can. Its the standard "You get what you pay for" scenario.

Been in Austin the last couple of days. Had some Torchys, Cheuys and some place called Veracruz, also had some place Aldos at some hipster college bar. Makes me regret moving to the NE cause I know the only good tacos/burritos I'll see out there are ones I make myself.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I've never even considered using these. I am not lazy enough to not drive 5 miles for fastfood. I also will just make my own whatever at home if I am totally starving.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We had a local start up or something called Chef Shuttle that I ordered from a lot, then was acquired by Bite Squad and the service hasn’t really changed. Although I rarely get anything delivery since I’ve been doing a Hello Fresh and cooking at home for the last year.

Anyways, the strangest thing to me about the meal delivery services (other than Lurch, Bruenhilda, and Shakwanda that deliver the food) is just how much business some places do with them. These local bars that have absolutely trash food that is never eat while drinking Heineken, Heineken, Heineken, fucking Jaeger Bombs will have drivers lined up three deep waiting on their delivery food. Another place that serves nothing but soft food for a bunch of geriatrics does an absurd amount of Bite Squad. My regular bar was actually doing SO MUCH bite squad business they dropped them and switched to Waitr. Now there’s just a few a night.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The company pays such awful wages to their workers, its no surprise the food turns up cold. The people Ive met who do thisbwork for like 3 apps at one time, drove uber while picking up postmates/grubhub when they can. Its the standard "You get what you pay for" scenario.

Been in Austin the last couple of days. Had some Torchys, Cheuys and some place called Veracruz, also had some place Aldos at some hipster college bar. Makes me regret moving to the NE cause I know the only good tacos/burritos I'll see out there are ones I make myself.

Chuy's is terrible. Torchy's is good and Veracruz is top tier in terms of tacos. What are you doing down here?

Go to Rudy's BBQ for fast bbq that's decent. Pinthouse Pizza is insanely popular here too. Along with Hopdoddy for burgers if you want to do the full nine!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Stiles Switch is pretty good. And there’s a place right near campus that has nice whiskey and bbq.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We had a local start up or something called Chef Shuttle that I ordered from a lot, then was acquired by Bite Squad and the service hasn’t really changed. Although I rarely get anything delivery since I’ve been doing a Hello Fresh and cooking at home for the last year.

Anyways, the strangest thing to me about the meal delivery services (other than Lurch, Bruenhilda, and Shakwanda that deliver the food) is just how much business some places do with them. These local bars that have absolutely trash food that is never eat while drinking Heineken, Heineken, Heineken, fucking Jaeger Bombs will have drivers lined up three deep waiting on their delivery food. Another place that serves nothing but soft food for a bunch of geriatrics does an absurd amount of Bite Squad. My regular bar was actually doing SO MUCH bite squad business they dropped them and switched to Waitr. Now there’s just a few a night.

I only recently noticed this. I walked into this place called Happy Chick's. Just a chicken tenders place and there were 4 people ahead of me with massive thermos packs like you'd deliver pizza in but more square. The four of them got like 10+ orders of this place each and fucked off to deliver them for whatever service. Made lunch take FOREVER.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That reminds me of the gas station fried chicken that I got via Uber Eats when I was in Cleveland. I didn't realize it was from a gas station until I researched it more because honestly it was freakin' damn good!