The Fast Food Thread

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not too hot. Good flavor.

I found some Dirty’s (?) Jalapeño chips downtown next to the Hyatt at some place. Hadn’t seen them around Arkansas so gave it a try. Not bad but not as good as a Zapp’s version. Didn’t see anything else that looked fun to try out. Also didn’t have any time to hollar at you between all the damn meetings. Almost missed my flight back right now due to traffic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I had that McDonald's Homestyle Burger the other day. It's okay but the weird mustard sauce in it is not good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went tO McDonalds and got their chicken tenders again.. just something off about the taste. Something at a fundamental level tastes weird about them

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Had In-n-Out today. Was awesome.

On another note - some time ago I posted about an Asian corner store right by me that has an impressive ramen selection. It's across the street from my laundromat and while there tonight I finally stopped in and loaded up on some flavors. Here's a pic of the offerings:

There is a very large selection of other Asian snacks (and beverages) I may dive into but this ramen wall is my initial priority. Can't believe I've lived by this place for over seven years and have just now started scoping out the goods.

• 1Quality Calories

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had our local chik fila for the first time. Spicy chicken deluxe of course. Goddamn fucking. De. Lic. Ious.

Also got some tenders and they were just ok. Kind of flavorless without sauce and I usually like plain tenders. The breading had sort of a Ritz crackers taste.

But damn that sandwich fuck.

AND MY KID ATE EVERYTHING

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Had In-n-Out today. Was awesome.

On another note - some time ago I posted about an Asian corner store right by me that has an impressive ramen selection. It's across the street from my laundromat and while there tonight I finally stopped in and loaded up on some flavors. Here's a pic of the offerings:

View attachment 213297

There is a very large selection of other Asian snacks (and beverages) I may dive into but this ramen wall is my initial priority. Can't believe I've lived by this place for over seven years and have just now started scoping out the goods.
don't you live in san fran? just goto chinatown

but your best noodles would be the red(i can't tell i'm colorblind) pink black green and blue packages under the one that says 1.25.

if you want burn your aasshole spicy, get those mama noodles for 3for1$

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
yellow/red is ingrained on white ppls minds that it means "ethnic"
o.jpg
This reminds me...my grocery as 2 places (same aisle) where they stock salsa. The larger section of an aisle with all of the 'regular' name-brand stuff clustered together, and then what I can only call the 'authentic' Mexican section further down the aisle, separated by other foods in between.

There's a lot of La Preferida in that section. Looking at Google, that company is out of Chicago (LOL?) but it seems like it's marketed to Hispanics, and they put 'everything else' in a different spot. Maybe my grocery is just weird, I dunno.

I randomly picked up a bottle of their Pico. Went home, filled a bowl, and started eating it with chips. Caught a pepper in my throat. Thought it was a fluke, and went back for more. I had to stop and read the bottle again to make sure it said medium. Because this medium surprised me; was hotter than a lot of hot salsas I've had.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I QA'd the factory that produces the GV TT, there's a reason its $1 a box
I worked at a factory bakery once. It turned me off of bread for a while.

It blew my mind how slippery fine bread crumbs were, even a with non-slip coating on the concrete floor.

The amount of bread they threw away when a slicer/bagger went down just made me SMDH

There was so much dough gunk in certain places. Some conveyors made me grimace. Especially after they'd have us take the conveyor track off for them, so they could 'sanitize' them. They'd bring them back dripping wet after spraying them off. Supposedly sanitized. I pointed out a few times that they still had wet, sticky and grimy dough stuck to them, and my supervisor's attitude was more or less "just put the belt back on".

The old machines where I worked were always going down. It was all legacy equipment, and hard as shit to dial in correctly. Even just the twist-tie sections would start mangling bags of bread. Operators never gave a solitary fuck.

• 1Solidarity

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I went to a Hardee's out here thinking it would be the same as Carl's Jr since its a sister company. What a depressing day that was.
I'm of the opinion that a lot of people still go to Hardees in the hope that they get something as good as 20 years ago.

The rest of the folks that go to Hardees, do it because they're in bad neighborhoods and expectations of quality go right out the window.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I worked at a factory bakery once. It turned me off of bread for a while.

It blew my mind how slippery fine bread crumbs were, even a with non-slip coating on the concrete floor.

The amount of bread they threw away when a slicer/bagger went down just made me SMDH

There was so much dough gunk in certain places. Some conveyors made me grimace. Especially after they'd have us take the conveyor track off for them, so they could 'sanitize' them. They'd bring them back dripping wet after spraying them off. Supposedly sanitized. I pointed out a few times that they still had wet, sticky and grimy dough stuck to them, and my supervisor's attitude was more or less "just put the belt back on".

The old machines where I worked were always going down. It was all legacy equipment, and hard as shit to dial in correctly. Even just the twist-tie sections would start mangling bags of bread. Operators never gave a solitary fuck.

Yeah, a lot of bread factories are like they, so don't be too surprised. They run the legacy stuff until it literally falls apart. Our mechanics needed to fabricate parts since they were no longer in service. They assume the process is safe since it's a "dry" environment but we're finding out more and more that's not the case.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
don't you live in san fran? just goto chinatown

but your best noodles would be the red(i can't tell i'm colorblind) pink black green and blue packages under the one that says 1.25.

if you want burn your aasshole spicy, get those mama noodles for 3for1$

I live two blocks from Chinatown. This is one of those Nob Hill-Chinatown borderline corner stores. Not quite as interesting as the Little Italy-Chinatown borderline establishments. But still "fancy" Chinatown which sounds like an oxymoron.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I live two blocks from Chinatown. This is one of those Nob Hill-Chinatown borderline corner stores. Not quite as interesting as the Little Italy-Chinatown borderline establishments. But still "fancy" Chinatown which sounds like an oxymoron.
two blocks from chinatown, you better be buying all your groceries from there, it was the cheapest i'd ever see groceries compared to the east coast.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I buy most of my produce there. And random oils and sauces and stuff. I still have to go to my local grocer or Trader Joe's regularly. Also have a nice butcher in North Beach (Little Italy) if I'm going all out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I buy most of my produce there. And random oils and sauces and stuff. I still have to go to my local grocer or Trader Joe's regularly. Also have a nice butcher in North Beach (Little Italy) if I'm going all out.
just touch your pale arm

cashier:
"white ppl shit in the back!!!"

• 1Worf