The Fast Food Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whataburger better than In N Out

Speaking of Whataburger, swung by there last night with wife/kid at some bullshit library deal and got the Monterey Melt - really good for the money, and their ketchup remains the best ketchup in the world
I've been only once and they were like a reskinned Red Robin. Surprisingly dark inside too. It could have been a franchise, but regardless I was greatly underwhelmed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If we take consistency out of the equation, I think the baconator made.perfectly is my favorite fast food burger

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I enjoy 5 guys but as stated by everyone those retards got greedy and went overboard with price.

Culver’s has been pretty damn good though.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Whataburger better than In N Out

5 guys is better than both but it's too expensive for what it is -
Having lived in California and Texas and eating plenty at both I can confidently say this is a lie sir.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
5guys would be the ultimate burger if it was 2-3dollars less, their pricing is pretty boutique considering they're just using basic 80/20

no joke, one burger tweak is to double grind your meat, if you grind your own meat, put it back in for another go, if you buy 80/20 run it through your own grinder once.

Should I pick this up?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Whataburger tastes like sonic

You sir, should shut your whore mouth and go back to your home on whore island....

I can't believe you people resurrected the great burger argument for another round... But aside from that.

As someone who has done Secret Shopper QC duty for Whataburger I can give you an inside tip if you want more fluff in your buns. They always toast them, but you can tell them "No bun oil" and they skip the pre toast oiling. Makes the bun lighter and fluffier. Also shaves a not insignificant amount of fat off the burger from the oil.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
5 Guys is hard pass for me. Greasy without payoff and terribly expensive - well they were. I realize it has maybe been 10 years since I've had them.
It’s definitely greasy and I think most everyone agrees they are a bit overpriced (especially if you are a super taster that likes plain cheeseburgers). I get mine with everything on it and it’s really good.
I enjoy 5 guys but as stated by everyone those retards got greedy and went overboard with price.

Culver’s has been pretty damn good though.
Culver’s is good but it’s hardly any cheaper than 5 guys and you get quite a bit less food

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You sir, should shut your whore mouth and go back to your home on whore island....

I can't believe you people resurrected the great burger argument for another round... But aside from that.

As someone who has done Secret Shopper QC duty for Whataburger I can give you an inside tip if you want more fluff in your buns. They always toast them, but you can tell them "No bun oil" and they skip the pre toast oiling. Makes the bun lighter and fluffier. Also shaves a not insignificant amount of fat off the burger from the oil.

Why would you get a non-toasted bun vs a toasted one? Toasted buns are far superior!

I don't know how anyone can say In n Out is trash. Maybe it's not your preference but trash? Get the fuck outta here. Double double with chopped chilis is definitely my favorite fast food burger. Not even close. I do enjoy Five Guys but rarely go. It's probably been over two years since I've been to one.

• 1Truth!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

Should I pick this up?
I bought some pre-seasoned steak on the real cheap, marked down from like $8 to $3. Then I remembered she got the grill in the separation. Not knowing how to cook this thing, I put it in the food processor. The texture was incredible. I'll be doing it more often.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you ask nicely, the meat department guys at a supermarket will grind up steak for you into ground beef. They'll charge accordingly of course, but when I worked at a supermarket they always were doing that with sirloin when it was on sale for us.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I had a Whataburger last time I was in Texas and it was pretty meh. Not bad, but not even close to 5 Guys, in my opinion.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
If you ask nicely, the meat department guys at a supermarket will grind up steak for you into ground beef. They'll charge accordingly of course, but when I worked at a supermarket they always were doing that with sirloin when it was on sale for us.
What if you don't ask nicely?

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They make you help them dump the fat and offal into the truck

Let me tell you, to this day that is the absolute worst smell I've ever smelled in my life. That truck...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why would you get a non-toasted bun vs a toasted one? Toasted buns are far superior!

I don't know how anyone can say In n Out is trash. Maybe it's not your preference but trash? Get the fuck outta here. Double double with chopped chilis is definitely my favorite fast food burger. Not even close. I do enjoy Five Guys but rarely go. It's probably been over two years since I've been to one.

I feel like In-N-Out kind of grows on you. The first time I went after I moved to California I wasn't that impressed with it but by the time I left there were plenty of nights I sat in line at 1 AM for a post-raid double-double. Last time I went to California I got in my rental car and immediately told the GPS "Navigate to In-N-Out".

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Safeway by me doesn't charge. They also will stram and season shrimp and clams for me.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
sure, it's pretty much the gold standard, you can also "grind" with a food processor, but it's more difficult to double grind.
In all seriousness, and this isn't a slam on you like sometimes I might be inclined to make, but do you make a living off of figuring out ways to do shit better/different? Like, if I posted a thread about something totally obscure like making my own tires for my car, I sort of feel like you'd know of a tool or machine I should buy off the top of your head, which type of recycled rubber to use and where to buy it, and the best way to use said item so I don't get an inferior result. You literally post things like this all the time, and they clearly aren't just something you googled that moment (I think), you seem to have or had the item yourself and attempted to use it enough times that you can give advice as to what to avoid.

I am sure I've probably busted your balls about something in the past, but this isn't one of those times. I'm genuinely curious. If there is ever a "How do I do X?" post or thread, I fully expect to see a post from you soon after. I mean, I know about a lot of things, and so do the people on this board, but if I had to bet my life, I'd bet that you have far more posts about this sort of advice than most of us combined. Sure, you tend to post more in general than most people, but that's not it either. Unless you're constantly making shit up and I just don't know enough to recognize it, which I don't think is the case because I think someone would have called it out by now, how the fuck is that possible?

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
He's Asian. If he doesn't figure out a better way to do something, he has to kill himself to preserve his family honor.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!