The Fast Food Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's people in agriculture getting worried about "fake" products being sold as equivalent to the real thing. It really got started with the lab cultured "meat" that they're working on. Farmers and ranchers don't want that stuff being sold as "meat". Given their choice they would probably name it "test tube goo" or something like that. Almond milk is considered a cautionary tale. There's really no reason to call it "milk". It's not milk in any way. That's not to say that it's not a viable product, but it is definitely not milk.

I have no idea why the ACLU is getting involved though, that's weird.

It looks like milk is the obvious one here...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm in Romania at the moment and I just had spicy chicken mcnuggets. Never seen them in the states, but we should get them. I'm not a fan of regular mcnuggets, but the spicy ones were quite tasty. Only fast food level heat of course, but a really nice peppery flavor.
IMG_20190727_111018167_HDR.jpg

The sauce is kind of a sour cream that goes really well with them.

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got a double quarter pounder last night. Absolutely fucking disgusting. How do people eat McDonald's?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Should have got that bacon burger baby. The Spanish import thing they're doing.
It was 1am and I was tired as fuck. I actually wanted chicken tenders but their menu didn't have them?! Went to my old classic from 20 years ago and it was gross. Had a weird seasoning

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
We just got a smashburger nearby.

Three of us had a classic smash. We also had smash tots, sweet potato fries and smash fries. 2 milk shakes (no malteds; we asked).

The burgers were okay but TINY. The sweet potato fries were good. The smash fries were greasy and overly flavored with rosemary- not good at all. The tator tots tasted like someone pulled frozen tots out of the microwave. The milkshakes were really good (but I paid for it later on with a lactose intolerance attack) :)

Since we didn't really finish the fries, and the burgers would only have satisfied a 3-year old, we were still craving food, so we ordered 2 more doubles (with various creative toppings) and split them up. That was better.

The meal cost over $40 (It may have approached $50)... I didn't pay but I know our host was shocked.

The staff was very friendly and asked about the quality of our meal. We mentioned to tator tots and fries as being poor. They offered to give us another order of each (no refund). Think about that logic. It's bad, so you should have 2 of them. hmmmmm

Anyone else have good experience there? Maybe it's just this one (and it's new).

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Three of us had a classic smash. We also had smash tots, sweet potato fries and smash fries. 2 milk shakes (no malteds; we asked).

The burgers were okay but TINY. The sweet potato fries were good. The smash fries were greasy and overly flavored with rosemary- not good at all. The tator tots tasted like someone pulled frozen tots out of the microwave. The milkshakes were really good (but I paid for it later on with a lactose intolerance attack) :)

Since we didn't really finish the fries, and the burgers would only have satisfied a 3-year old, we were still craving food, so we ordered 2 more doubles (with various creative toppings) and split them up. That was better.

The meal cost over $40 (It may have approached $50)... I didn't pay but I know our host was shocked.

The staff was very friendly and asked about the quality of our meal. We mentioned to tator tots and fries as being poor. They offered to give us another order of each (no refund). Think about that logic. It's bad, so you should have 2 of them. hmmmmm

Anyone else have good experience there? Maybe it's just this one (and it's new).

You're wasting your time at Smash unless you get the BBQ Bacon Burger, it's their signature burger. How many times I gotta tell people this information in this thread then watch them get disappointed by a regular burger is disheartening. The first time I tried Smash I didn't care for it at all then we gave it a shot and went with the burger mentioned above and was quite impressed. The location near me also sources their Jalapenos from local farmers and they are hot as a motherfucker, of course quality is going to vary blah blah blah.

The burgers have gotten a lot smaller in the last few years, however, the Onion Rings, BBQ Bacon Burger and Salted Caramel Shake are just divine. I only go when they do the BOGO and split the price with a friend. No way in hell I'm paying that much after they downsized the burgers to about half the size they were before.

EDIT: It is the Jalapeno Bacon Burger, yes there is a difference between the two with cheese and what not.

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
EDIT: It is the Jalapeno Bacon Burger, yes there is a difference between the two with cheese and what not.
I can't tell you how dubious I feel about a burger place when their 'classic' offerings are garbage, and you're forced to order a specialty burger if you want anything good.

Burger King 2.0 up in this hizzle

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A DQP is the exact kind of greasy cheesy mess I want from a fast food burger. Used to hate McD's but I'd say it's my preferred major fast food burger now. In N Out of course wins out but that's very regional.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

Yeah smash burgers are way too fucking small for the price and quality. It's overrated garbage.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A DQP is the exact kind of greasy cheesy mess I want from a fast food burger. Used to hate McD's but I'd say it's my preferred major fast food burger now. In N Out of course wins out but that's very regional.
I don't care about a greasy mess. It tasted off. Disgusting seasoning choice

• 1Like