The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We just got a smashburger nearby.

Three of us had a classic smash. We also had smash tots, sweet potato fries and smash fries. 2 milk shakes (no malteds; we asked).

The burgers were okay but TINY. The sweet potato fries were good. The smash fries were greasy and overly flavored with rosemary- not good at all. The tator tots tasted like someone pulled frozen tots out of the microwave. The milkshakes were really good (but I paid for it later on with a lactose intolerance attack) :)

Since we didn't really finish the fries, and the burgers would only have satisfied a 3-year old, we were still craving food, so we ordered 2 more doubles (with various creative toppings) and split them up. That was better.

The meal cost over $40 (It may have approached $50)... I didn't pay but I know our host was shocked.

The staff was very friendly and asked about the quality of our meal. We mentioned to tator tots and fries as being poor. They offered to give us another order of each (no refund). Think about that logic. It's bad, so you should have 2 of them. hmmmmm

Anyone else have good experience there? Maybe it's just this one (and it's new).
smash burger is shit tier

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
2 Local sandwich shops called Nardelli's

God I wish Nardellis was closer, nearest one is half an hour away.

Whenever I go out to western ct or NY I love stopping at the one near 84 in Waterbury. The middle eastern bodega next to it is awesome to, and they're open on Sundays. Falafel and hummus to die for.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Since you guys are on a McDonalds derail, my local McDonalds keeps pulling this bullshit pull and up and park drive thru garbage. First couple of times I like a smuck complied with their request only for it to take like 15 min and somehow still get the order wrong.

So now when they pull that shit I just ask for a refund and somehow like some magical Mexican broken English Jesus my order goes from can you pull up it will be 3 min, to instantly being done.

I have noticed only the shitty garbage places like McDonalds try this shit. Chic Fil A you are never asked to do dumb shit like this. So have any of you had to deal with the Drive Thru pump and dump so these inbreds can Game their own timers for corporate? And if so do you pull forward like a dope and sit there, or do you tell them to fuck their own faces?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Since you guys are on a McDonalds derail, my local McDonalds keeps pulling this bullshit pull and up and park drive thru garbage. First couple of times I like a smuck complied with their request only for it to take like 15 min and somehow still get the order wrong.

So now when they pull that shit I just ask for a refund and somehow like some magical Mexican broken English Jesus my order goes from can you pull up it will be 3 min, to instantly being done.

I have noticed only the shitty garbage places like McDonalds try this shit. Chic Fil A you are never asked to do dumb shit like this. So have any of you had to deal with the Drive Thru pump and dump so these inbreds can Game their own timers for corporate? And if so do you pull forward like a dope and sit there, or do you tell them to fuck their own faces?
Pretty much all the major fast food places do this now except for Chick Fil A. They are manipulating their drive thru times.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pretty much all the major fast food places do this now except for Chick Fil A. They are manipulating their drive thru times.

Another reason why Chic-Fil-A is the best.

iu

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider

I tend to have this happen anytime I order a DQP from mcdonalds as they started cooking them "fresh" upon order.

BK is not surprisngly the worst at this where I am at. They will have like 3 cars minimum parked waiting for their orders and it is still always dogshit anyways.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hardee's and Arby's are like that around here. I don't go to either anymore because it takes almost 10 minutes to get your damn food. Popeyes is almost as bad but I give them a pass. If they were not around I'd have to go to KFC. Fuck that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Surprisingly, this weekend I got Chick Fil A and they asked me to pull forward because I ordered a large chicken noodle soup with my meal, and it wasn't ready. They asked me to pull forward and put my flashers on. I was shocked, since it had never happened before. However, they had my soup out to me in 2 or 3 minutes tops.

The thing I was most shocked about, however, was that I finally looked at a receipt (since I was sitting there waiting), and they actually deducted money from my bill because I asked for no tomatoes! 15 cents off. I mean, I'd gladly give them the 15c, but you know not a single other fast food place does that shit. You could order a Quarter Pounder meat only, and they'd still charge you for the entire sandwich. I have never, ever seen someone give me money back!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Surprisingly, this weekend I got Chick Fil A and they asked me to pull forward because I ordered a large chicken noodle soup with my meal, and it wasn't ready. They asked me to pull forward and put my flashers on. I was shocked, since it had never happened before. However, they had my soup out to me in 2 or 3 minutes tops.

The thing I was most shocked about, however, was that I finally looked at a receipt (since I was sitting there waiting), and they actually deducted money from my bill because I asked for no tomatoes! 15 cents off. I mean, I'd gladly give them the 15c, but you know not a single other fast food place does that shit. You could order a Quarter Pounder meat only, and they'd still charge you for the entire sandwich. I have never, ever seen someone give me money back!

Yep they do that with pickles here too. It is like 5c.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

my old boss at taco bell tried to get me to do this shit, but i always refused. so fucking lame. i had some of the best drive thru times in our local area anyway even without cheating, don't gotta cheat if you just get good...

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
my old boss at taco bell tried to get me to do this shit, but i always refused. so fucking lame. i had some of the best drive thru times in our local area anyway even without cheating, don't gotta cheat if you just get good...

I just found it amusing that if I ask them to just refund me if I have to wait that somehow the shit goes from please pull up it will take a while to one second it will be right up.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just found it amusing that if I ask them to just refund me if I have to wait that somehow the shit goes from please pull up it will take a while to one second it will be right up.
b/c a refund requires manager code/card, and the manager will be like "WHY THE FUCK THIS GUY WANT A REFUND"

then the casher has to answer the managers question

"WHY THE FUCK IS HE PULLING UP FOR?"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Don't get me started on shitty Taco Bell managers.

man, mine drove us crazy with how ruthless he was with trying to cut hours, sending people home early and making them punch in late and yada yada yada. all so that he would get a bigger year end bonus as store manager. and then he'd go out on the weekends and spend hundreds of dollars buying drinks for money hungry bar sluts. literally hundreds, throwing a $100 bill on the table and saying "keep the drinks coming" is how he started his night. just drove me so crazy that i was broke and trying to get more hours, and here he is cutting my hours so he can have more money to blow at the fucking club. a;lwjet;oiajsgb;lknawv;lnawrvl;n

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Would be great if the bartender looked at him and said "So one round then?"

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If that dude isn’t out their hopped up on Jagerbombs giving skanks the ole dirty Taco then why even be a Taco Bell manager?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users