The Fast Food Thread

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Bacon wrapped jalapeno popper lays are trash. The flavor has literally no resemblance to a jalapeno popper. I can't even describe what it tastes like but there is no bacon flavor and no jalapeno flavor. Probably the most disappointing flavor name to actual flavor I've ever experienced. Do not buy this shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Baconator
Large Fry
10 spicy chicken nuggets
Arthur Bryant’s for dipping

1566176175775.jpeg

1566176591121.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Erronius Erronius I'm not surprised their sriracha was sweet. They always tame that shit.for normies. That said I wouldn't dip a spicy nugget in it. Let the breading be the hero

• 1Quality Calories

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How many does a man have to eat to die though? Apparently the media needs to know this for the headline.

you know, i mean, look at this:

The Triple Double Crunchwrap itself features double layers of seasoned beef, double layers of nacho cheese sauce and double layers of crunchy tostada shells, along with lettuce, tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream all wrapped in a grilled flour tortilla. It goes for $3.99 on its own at my local Taco Bell.

You can also get it as part of a $5 Triple Double Crunchwrap Box, which includes one Triple Double Crunchwrap alongside a Crunchy Taco, Cinnamon Twists, and a medium fountain drink for 5 bucks.

for $4 you can get this huge 700 calorie single item, but for just $1 more you can add a taco, cinnamon twists, and a drink, doubling down and adding another 700. jesus christ lol, it's like they want their customers to get fat, as if they're owned by some poorly conceived alien overlord who is trying to fatten humans up for future consumption.

i give it 1-2 years before there's another giant media blowup or lawsuit or etc like the McDonald's Value Menu battles.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wish those worthless cinnamon twists could be substituted for literally anything else. They ruin the box for me since it is only two meal items and those shitty things. I use ruin loosely here because I still get the box from time to time.
Yeah I'd rather just have chips and a cup of cheese sauce. Those cinnamon things are probably the cheapest item they have in terms of store cost.

a lot of Taco Bells allow you to make just that substitution, getting chips and cheese instead of cinnamon twists in any meal that has the twists.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
you know, i mean, look at this:

for $4 you can get this huge 700 calorie single item, but for just $1 more you can add a taco, cinnamon twists, and a drink, doubling down and adding another 700. jesus christ lol, it's like they want their customers to get fat, as if they're owned by some poorly conceived alien overlord who is trying to fatten humans up for future consumption.

i give it 1-2 years before there's another giant media blowup or lawsuit or etc like the McDonald's Value Menu battles.
How much of that second 700 is the drink? Just curious.
I'm pretty safe from fast fat food as we only do it once every month or two but my home meals could be better.
The other night we made spaghetti for the first time in ages but I used like a lb of ground lean meat, a half jar of ragu and a half cup of parmesan on it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Well that's terrifying. The Taco Bell I used to work at may have been in a college town that would have been a purely rural white trash town if not for the university, but somehow there were a couple murders there a year despite only a ~25k population. It's easy to imagine this murder happening at my old Taco Bell with some of the irate drunken customers we had.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I went to Wendy's once in the winter and their heating wasn't working, so their soda fountains were frozen solid. I'm not sure why they were even open because it was cold as fuck inside, but I sat there and ate my spicy chicken sandwich like a champ.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Screw your cheap McDonald's meals, this is what high cost of living New England mcdonalds costs.

Mcdouble is 2.89, mcchicken is 1.89

20190819_151004.jpg

20190819_151009.jpg

• 1RAGE
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah when I saw the McD's price post earlier I was about to go to an SF McD's to show you some truly egregious pricing. Maybe I still will do that tonight after work. People complain about burgers being $15 at fancy places. Well, McD's is about a $13 trip here for just a DQP meal - and medium size at that.

Yet In-N-Out is like $8 tops for a much better meal.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fast food prices have been jumping up recently. I pretty much won't do to McDonalds anymore unless they have some decent specials on their app. They used to have some good deals then they started unloading the dogshit and I go to other places instead now.