The Fast Food Thread

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Zapps-Voodoo-Battered-Fried-Pickles.jpg

My expectations for these were sky high. Stuck these in the air fryer and they came out nice and crispy. The actual batter did not really taste like the chips, so that was a disappointment. They opted instead to supply you with a packet of seasoning. I shook them around in a closed Tupperware bowl with the lid on but the powder still didn't stick as much as I would have liked but did enhance the flavor. Not great, not terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Screenshot_20190904-182543_Chrome.jpg

Tried the new crunchwrap. It is 1/10 garbage, no redeeming qualities.

20190904_175359.jpg
Quit there. Try again in morning. Ate the accoutrement tonight

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It tastes like everything else, but the packaging sucks imo. I'd rather just eat double decker tacos.
I disagree. Because all i taste is the packaging, which doesn't taste like the other things.
It's mostly air. In the past, they were too lettuce heavy and now not even that. This thing should be filled with sour cream, nacho cheese, perhaps even Fritos. just add the $1 Frito burrito to it. Hell, just get the Frito burrito.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had Popeye's Chicken Tenders for the first time... Also first time going to Popeye's in probably 10 years.

Krispy Krunchy Chicken is still better.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Had Popeye's Chicken Tenders for the first time... Also first time going to Popeye's in probably 10 years.

Krispy Krunchy Chicken is still better.
imo, i think all fast food chicken tenders suck (since it's just breast meat), shoulda tried the regular fried chicken.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
imo, i think all fast food chicken tenders suck (since it's just breast meat), shoulda tried the regular fried chicken.

Lanx Lanx would be great to share a chicken with. Takes all the dark meat and you get all the white.

Just don’t take his wings that have the crispy tip. He’ll shank you.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I ate at a new Chinese place the other day. They actually had intestine dishes, as well as chicken feet. I don't think it's very far from the Korean place I think Lanx Lanx has been to.

豉椒大肠

Sounds fucking terrible: Prawns with Walnuts in Mayonnaise Sauce (沙律核桃虾)

Chicken Feet with Black Bean Sauce (鼓汁蒸凤爪)

And they had porridge. Wasn't sure what to think about that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I ate at a new Chinese place the other day. They actually had intestine dishes, as well as chicken feet. I don't think it's very far from the Korean place I think Lanx Lanx has been to.

豉椒大肠

Sounds fucking terrible: Prawns with Walnuts in Mayonnaise Sauce (沙律核桃虾)

Chicken Feet with Black Bean Sauce (鼓汁蒸凤爪)

And they had porridge. Wasn't sure what to think about that.
i don't personally like the mayo shrimp but i do know quite a few that do

where the heck did you go ABC cafe?
635778852075685334+8045_400_400.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Yup.

I hadn't been at that spot on 87th street in years. There's a QT next to them now, right where an old Chinese place used to be. I remember the red painted woodwork and 2 giant faux gold dogs or whatever on each side of the entrance. Gone now.

No idea if this place is related in any way, but it's a fraction of the size and the food is better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yup.

I hadn't been at that spot on 87th street in years. There's a QT next to them now, right where an old Chinese place used to be. I remember the red painted woodwork and 2 giant faux gold dogs or whatever on each side of the entrance. Gone now.

No idea if this place is related in any way, but it's a fraction of the size and the food is better.
those are called fu dogs, wow thats pretty asiany to put em at the door.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So my kids love cheese puffs but I hate that they get orange all over their fingers.
Enter the Cheetos Baked White Cheddar Puffs: they are awesome, baked so not *as* terrible for kids, and they don't leave an orange residue. Downside is that they are $2.99 a bag and only last about three days if each of my 3 older kids have a handful each per day.

1567775400077.png

Fast forward to three months ago; I'm in Wal-Mart getting some groceries and see a whole line of their Great Value brand on the chip aisle for $.94 a bag. Lo and behold, they have made a knock off that is selling for a third of the price. I take a bag home and the kids cannot tell the difference so I go back out searching for them only to find out that they are out of stock at every Wal-Mart within a 5 mile radius. I saw a forum post that said the Wal-Mart app shows updated quantities that are even more accurate than the website and finally found a Neighborhood Market that had 6 bags in stock. It may seem obsessive but they are worth it if you have multiple people that want the baked Cheeto puff taste at a gnarly price point.

1567775578972.png

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my kids love cheese puffs but I hate that they get orange all over their fingers.
Enter the Cheetos Baked White Cheddar Puffs: they are awesome, baked so not *as* terrible for kids, and they don't leave an orange residue. Downside is that they are $2.99 a bag and only last about three days if each of my 3 older kids have a handful each per day.

View attachment 221870

Fast forward to three months ago; I'm in Wal-Mart getting some groceries and see a whole line of their Great Value brand on the chip aisle for $.94 a bag. Lo and behold, they have made a knock off that is selling for a third of the price. I take a bag home and the kids cannot tell the difference so I go back out searching for them only to find out that they are out of stock at every Wal-Mart within a 5 mile radius. I saw a forum post that said the Wal-Mart app shows updated quantities that are even more accurate than the website and finally found a Neighborhood Market that had 6 bags in stock. It may seem obsessive but they are worth it if you have multiple people that want the baked Cheeto puff taste at a gnarly price point.

View attachment 221871
White cheddar are freakin damn good. I don't understand how my 2.5 year old gets so orange, so quickly from any thing cheddar. Doritos, cheetos, don't matter! Lol. Gotta have baby wipes handy.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

I love that dish. There's a dim sum place here called Shanghai House that makes an excellent version.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Walnut prawns are delicious. They would probably sell better without mentioning mayonnaise in the name of the dish. Mayo is one of those things that doesn't sound good on anything but is actually good on everything.

• 1Truth!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just OJ simpson’d this bag.

I saw it sitting there talking to a handsome 2 liter of Ice cold Dr.Pepper.

I blacked out and when I came too the bag was shredded and the only evidence was crumbs on my keyboard.
1567785524439.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
$2 McChicken biscuit is underrated.
Ordered one fresh and casually drank my large $1 soda while it took like 5 minutes to cook land deliver.
Chicken was easily twice the size of the biscuit and all was great.
A heck of a splurge, and total bill only 3.33$

• 1Quality Calories