The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I used to drink black coffee but my stomach can’t handle the acidity of most coffee anymore. I’m also not a coffee connoisseur as much as I try to be. A little cream is how I drink it.
Alex is right go Cold Brew bro

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Visited Pats or Ginos about a decade ago and got one of these so called famous cheesesteaks. Bread, meat, and cheese whiz. It was the worst cheesesteak I’ve ever had. Jersey Mikes is like driving a Civic and that philly bullshit is a horse and buggy.
Pats and Gino's are mass appeal shit. They have the "rivalry" thing going, but they're both crap. There's NOTHING special about either sandwich. They don't even chop up the meat. The best analogy is like saying you really want a good burger, so should you go to McDonald's or Burger King?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I tried a taste test at Burger King between the "Impossible" whopper and a regular whopper. I had a bite of each patty by itself and then ate the burgers. The "impossible" patty was crappy and tasteless and so it was very similar to the regular whopper patty. It was pretty hard to tell them apart. Nothing especially beefy about either one. I guess it mostly illustrated to me that 90% of the flavor of a whopper is the mayo and the tomatoes and onions. I certainly wouldn't pay an extra 90 cents for the impossible patty, but I can't say that if someone brought me one, I would even notice the difference. I wound up being more unimpressed with the regular patty than impressed by the plant based one. I don't think the impossible burger would be considered acceptable at even a red robin level burger place, but compared to a whopper it wasn't bad.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
I would give my left pinky if someone would sell a sandwich like that within 100 miles of me. Even a Togos would be a massive improvement over any pastrami sandwich you can get around here.

And it'd be worth it... granted I've been going there since I was a kid but I'd put it in top 3 of best I've ever had.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dunno what I'm more excited for, the sandwich, or the public freak out videos. Oh who am I kidding, it's the videos.

Why can’t you have both? Be in the video while eating the sandwich live for this thread?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean it's a good sandwich but it's not the best thing ever that it is being made out to be. You guys fell for the hype campaign.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So my friend said he learned a "trick" from one of his more ghetto coworkers that he put into use last night at a gas station:

Get a bag of hot cheetos
Go to nacho cheese dispenser
Put nacho cheese in hot cheetos bag
Shake it up
Fork it up

Sounds like the trashiest shit, but amazing. We need some one to research this and not one of the squeamish "uhhhh I can't have two cheeses in ONE food!" kind of people.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So my friend said he learned a "trick" from one of his more ghetto coworkers that he put into use last night at a gas station:

Get a bag of hot cheetos
Shake it up
Fork it up

Sounds like the trashiest shit, but amazing. We need some one to research this and not one of the squeamish "uhhhh I can't have two cheeses in ONE food!" kind of people.
I mean I've done this with Fritos. Add chili to it and it's Frito Pie.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

Get a bag of hot cheetos
Shake it up
Fork it up

WTF I thought everyone did this. I guess I'm ghetto lol

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I loved the $8 version of that, kept me warm on a 8 hour motorcycle ride home from kansas.

Speaking of making at home. I keep meaning to try doing jerky. I've had a friend make some once that was great. Seems like the simplest thing if you just have a toaster over than can do low heat for a while, don't even fuck around w/ smoking. Even if it's not perfectly jerky as $$$ store jerky. Just dried meat on hand for work snacks seems bueno, especially making it out of meat that otherwise only turns into way too tough steak.

I use Alton Brown's method for drying out jerky and it works fantastic. I make it several pounds at a time and usually have the butcher slice eye of round for my jerky. It makes better jerky than most you can buy. My favorite place to buy bulk jerky is Big John's Beef Jerky. Their stuff is pretty great and the price isn't totally ridiculous.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I suppose it's now just a matter of time before we have the Taco Bell Nachos Bag. Instead of a spork they'll just toss in a fresh hand glove.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean it's a good sandwich but it's not the best thing ever that it is being made out to be. You guys fell for the hype campaign.
You're saying this to a thread full of people who go out of their fucking way to try as many different kinds of fast food as possible

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1572320111348.png

• 6Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users