The Fast Food Thread

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno where you guys are getting your cheese steaks, but stay away from the famous places imo. If you're any where near philly/nj/nyc your best bet is some random mom and pop place that looks like it's been closed for 5 years and the cook is also the cashier and janitor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Where the fuck is our recipe thread? Going to a cookout today and want to make some Elotes but there are like 1,000 variations between the mayo, Mexican cream cheese, cotija, tajina, etc... need some FoH fence jumper to help me out with the go to. Had some good ones at a food truck festival a month or so back. Plus there’s the question of finding damn corn In October.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Where the fuck is our recipe thread? Going to a cookout today and want to make some Elotes but there are like 1,000 variations between the mayo, Mexican cream cheese, cotija, tajina, etc... need some FoH fence jumper to help me out with the go to. Had some good ones at a food truck festival a month or so back. Plus there’s the question of finding damn corn In October.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I still rue the day they removed the original grilled stuft burrito

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Whoever removed these should kill themselves.

iu

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just grabbed one of those Meatoberfest Triple Decker sandwiches from Arby’s. Like a damn meat coma, never seen a sandwich look as close to the sign picture. Would cheat day again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You have no idea how to cook. Keep shipping steak-ums to your house from hundreds or thousands of miles away when you can make a better sandwich with one of the cheapest cuts of beef treated appropriately from your local grocer. I've been to Philly 5 times in the past 5 years and tried to find a good cheesesteak everytime. And everytime I say to myself "These people must be missing a chromosome". It's the easiest thing you could possibly do at home on your own.

I can't believe you're even trying to talk about shipping a fucking in-n-out fast food burger to your house. Good grief Charlie Brown.

If you want to duplicate "the taste" ask them to ship their seasoning or sauce. The meat and bread have nothing to fucking do with it especially when they are frozen and shipped across country.
the problem with philly cheese steak at home is you'd have moleste a ribeye, cuz you want that tender fast cooked meat, when you could just cook a perfectly good steak and just slap it between a hoagie/italian bread.

i mean when i cook steak, i souse vide, so when i take it out of the bag, you have the juice left over. i put those juices in a cast iron pan (cuz i put the stean in the pan to fast sear) and carmalize onions with it.

thats mountains better than philly shit steak.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just grabbed one of those Meatoberfest Triple Decker sandwiches from Arby’s. Like a damn meat coma, never seen a sandwich look as close to the sign picture. Would cheat day again.
I loved the $8 version of that, kept me warm on a 8 hour motorcycle ride home from kansas.

Speaking of making at home. I keep meaning to try doing jerky. I've had a friend make some once that was great. Seems like the simplest thing if you just have a toaster over than can do low heat for a while, don't even fuck around w/ smoking. Even if it's not perfectly jerky as $$$ store jerky. Just dried meat on hand for work snacks seems bueno, especially making it out of meat that otherwise only turns into way too tough steak.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Spent a lot of time on the road doing service calls a couple of weeks ago. Things I learned:

• There are McDonalds with Chicken Biscuits. They're fucking delicious. But they aren't a regular menu item that I've seen, besides highway rest-stop Mickey Ds
  • Hardees is still a shadow of its formal self, and is largely shit tier
  • Whoever it was in this thread that turned me on to fiesta potatoes: thank you
  • Lanx Lanx lives in a legit shithole (I'm sorry)
  • Epstein didn't kill himself

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Spent a lot of time on the road doing service calls a couple of weeks ago. Things I learned:

• There are McDonalds with Chicken Biscuits. They're fucking delicious. But they aren't a regular menu item that I've seen, besides highway rest-stop Mickey Ds

Hardee's was such a dissapointment after growing up with Carls Jr. I can't express how salty it makes me.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Seriously on the Fiesta Potato's, those things are great. I'd have never discovered that

• 2Quality Calories

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

just biding my time till i can go back to jersey, i'd rather listen to a nasally bitch than this southern drawl anyway