The Fast Food Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe I'm slow, or missing something, but you're talking about a KFC sandwich in your post but the picture is the Taco Bell chicken tenders?

Lol. I came to post about Taco Bell, but got sidetracked by the yumminess of my lunch then ran out of break time to fully explain self

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My home town is getting a combination KFC and A&W soon. Honestly I didn't know that A&W was still a thing aside from the root beer.

Its Canadian division/company has had a big resurgence over the past decade. Their food is really good, but it's also really expensive. Their latest focus has been hormone/steroid beef which people have surprisingly gone nuts over, resulting in willingness to pay extra. It has worked out well for A&W.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I read an article the other day stating that Burger King is running out of Zesty sauce and they made it sound like that's the end of the line.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Had two of the Spicy Chicken Sandwiches from Popeye's today. I find that they are different, not better, than the CFA version. CFA's is more consistent in size, taste, and quality. Popeye's looked like they were made by different people; one had too much spicy sauce and was really messy, the other was a far larger piece of chicken and much more cleanly made. That said, they were good enough to go back and now that CFA has bent the knee to PC I think there will be a lot of Popeye's in my future.

• 1Seriously?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had two of the Spicy Chicken Sandwiches from Popeye's today. I find that they are different, not better, than the CFA version. CFA's is more consistent in size, taste, and quality. Popeye's looked like they were made by different people; one had too much spicy sauce and was really messy, the other was a far larger piece of chicken and much more cleanly made. That said, they were good enough to go back and now that CFA has bent the knee to PC I think there will be a lot of Popeye's in my future.
Cfa pc? What I miss?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Cfa pc? What I miss?

Read here.

Back to food. I have to say that I didn't think the two sandwiches were sitting well last night and it was negatively affecting my score of them; however, I woke up this morning thinking about having another one...… I guess I know where my body stands on the issue.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Read here.

Back to food. I have to say that I didn't think the two sandwiches were sitting well last night and it was negatively affecting my score of them; however, I woke up this morning thinking about having another one...… I guess I know where my body stands on the issue.

Isn’t MSG addictive? Cfa also uses it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
MSG has been demonized in America for no good reason. Almost as bad as egg yolks. It's salt...

• 1Solidarity

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Just found out taco bell now has diet Baja blast. Best diet soda I've ever tasted by far. Tastes like liquid starburst. Not entirely convinced they didn't just give me a reg.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Isn’t MSG addictive? Cfa also uses it.
MSG is science umami

i sprinkle it on when white ppl come over (and lets be real, white ppl expect me to cook chinese food no one cares about my perfect sous vide steaks), i'm instantly the best cook in the world.

also i keep it in an unlabeled jar, cuz i know how nosey white ppl are
256ba577286a87280cfee8dbad3ec8a3.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Just found out taco bell now has diet Baja blast. Best diet soda I've ever tasted by far. Tastes like liquid starburst. Not entirely convinced they didn't just give me a reg.

Taco Bell near me had that years ago, but then it disappeared. I haven't seen it since. Hopefully this means it's coming back.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My home town is getting a combination KFC and A&W soon. Honestly I didn't know that A&W was still a thing aside from the root beer.

A&W is good. Grab a "Papa Burger" and swap the frys out for their cheese curds. I was gonna respond to someone earlier that the only good thing at KFC was stuff from their attached A&W menu's

edit: I see the papa burger has been mentioned, nice!

• 1Quality Calories

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fucking love A&W. Last time I had one was taking some FoH bros on my Fallout New Vegas tour in Boulder City.

And it’s still open

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I read an article the other day stating that Burger King is running out of Zesty sauce and they made it sound like that's the end of the line.

It's not because of BK doing it intentionally though. Apparently the company that makes the sauce for BK had an issue with their supplier being unable to provide them with horseradish. There was an early freeze and they didn't harvest the crop fast enough so it has to wait til srping.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Looks good, but that's a quite an exaggeration to use Wagyu in the name for a $10 burger. That said, there's a BurgerFi not too far away, I might have to try this.

Tried it yesterday. It was fine, tender, but not anything special or making me think damn I want another one. Nothing special flavor wise. The onion rings the size of hats were pretty good though. Fries were eh, bigger ones were too soggy, little ones too crispy.