The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not Chili's, but Applebees has this mac n cheese with honey hot pepper chicken strips that I go through like it's crack.
Hot take I guess but I've never had bad food at Applebee's. I mean their fries are always pretty decent and I usually get a burger which is hard to fuck up. I think it's an undeserving meme that should be given to Chili's where I've actually had disgusting food

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Applebee's is the worst of those chains. It's even worse than 99.

Chili's > Friday's > 99 > Applebee's

Not that any of it is "good"

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chili's used to make a decent chicken fried steak. It was a heart attack on a plate.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
These were all right...
IMG_20200115_120129.jpg

I was expecting whole button mushrooms but they were full of a paste made of diced mushrooms and I imagine some bread crumbs, parmasean cheese, and garlic. The texture was off putting but not disgusting. Would have been better if I had some ranch to dip them in. 4/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
These were all right...
View attachment 243617

I was expecting whole button mushrooms but they were full of a paste made of diced mushrooms and I imagine some bread crumbs, parmasean cheese, and garlic. The texture was off putting but not disgusting. Would have been better if I had some ranch to dip them in. 4/10

Insert Thumbnail took on a new meaning today.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Applebee's is the worst of those chains. It's even worse than 99.

Chili's > Friday's > 99 > Applebee's

Not that any of it is "good"

I don't know... Pretty incredible how BAD all of those chains have become. 99 was edible and kind of fun (in a "Beefsteak Charlie's" kind of way) about a decade ago. It has gone downhill fast. BUT Fridays is absolute GARBAGE. No doubt that in my region the quality of their food is lousy. Worse than Burger King. I bet it depends on how far you are from their supply chain. Also, none of them give a shit about customer service, value or quality. Just sell cheap shit food and sugary, overpriced food and drinks. What does it mean when the Mexican chains like "On the Border" blow away any of them.

I would reorder: Chili's>99>Applebee's>Red Robin>Dumpster Diving>Fridays.

PS-- I tried these from Carribean Food Delights- The perfect way to cook them is 1 minute in the microwave and then 5 minutes in a toaster oven at 400 degrees. they come out super crispy on the outside and hot as a the core of a nuclear reactor on the inside. So don't burn the roof of your mouth if you cook them up my way. Also, nicely spicy. Pretty awesome.

98ff-c2a25f3cd79d_1.be74b7c01e75d1053454f8a2953dffe2.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
These were all right...
View attachment 243617

are you buying weird freezer food, so that you can renovate your home faster?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What the fuck is 99? Never even heard of this place.

Was drunk and wanted some quick food from 7-11. Completely overwhelmed by the noodle selection. This is in Chiang Mai.

nL9pZbLB8uvybmFL039wmLpB53wncC4gB_eb2NBE2l6Fwry4IdUyjfCRFONq6ya0NCbbBB2nSTUOFb7kaPh2Qx6z_DtVUG1g9MRin1PhBhqNy1KCFUGjqqiV41Has8sS7Z7yRETTroHEzRoSFPjYdMRZVslBafaaVpgWZSUihheBLAla60cUx6nl4XzggoGw1S517ge4YAEjlCGgharPUZtG5ZGThaTTxDX1cEUUUNZzHqzXIejcua3RCeB024rxUfx-GTtIi_RZSux8C0xsd0xMNGkcXZ-TaWAtKIQ-MjFX5frzRUNiQNC-rt6G73VcXR11uIhI8kP6MEHJZqYcgkR2VoAW-vwS6V55oHQvhgwWrPMCxJvL2ooQLQQFsHUDTgKBEdfJ8_KJjwoqIGuRBInS_i09mzEypBSPZC81qHLc_HFHCcoEO3e0fNlVgVhXjnJRdtbTso25FVusSlSa_V1UBsUxHwqkgdiTDMFOzWDyCQ4CNusVHvTWzpHq9lHUWU1OUOPVzXUrtqFwpSdEXHEaN7FuRCxz78B-rUTcbl47SllSAs8pSotfWEM5k_96TKRJgRLC3yJR2PAx-pyK0xNjrNuuVl1mD2OgmoojMiA9ZHGwbzMbewpGDH-EohwcT8ZD6GN5QDjhWuyr4OwOn-GccxSPMgGpnXa6pUE0eu_O4UU1DrbRnvqo=w1904-h1428-no

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know... Pretty incredible how BAD all of those chains have become. 99 was edible and kind of fun (in a "Beefsteak Charlie's" kind of way) about a decade ago. It has gone downhill fast. BUT Fridays is absolute GARBAGE. No doubt that in my region the quality of their food is lousy. Worse than Burger King. I bet it depends on how far you are from their supply chain. Also, none of them give a shit about customer service, value or quality. Just sell cheap shit food and sugary, overpriced food and drinks. What does it mean when the Mexican chains like "On the Border" blow away any of them.

I would reorder: Chili's>99>Applebee's>Red Robin>Dumpster Diving>Fridays.
Yeah, the best thing on Friday's menu is goddamn chicken fingers. Their entrees are disgusting. To be fair,though, the chicken fingers are pretty good. They should jsut shut down all their restaurants and put those fuckers in the freezer section of every store in America, spare us their fucking jack daniels donkey sauce.

• 1Truth!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What the fuck is 99? Never even heard of this place.

Was drunk and wanted some quick food from 7-11. Completely overwhelmed by the noodle selection. This is in Chiang Mai.

nL9pZbLB8uvybmFL039wmLpB53wncC4gB_eb2NBE2l6Fwry4IdUyjfCRFONq6ya0NCbbBB2nSTUOFb7kaPh2Qx6z_DtVUG1g9MRin1PhBhqNy1KCFUGjqqiV41Has8sS7Z7yRETTroHEzRoSFPjYdMRZVslBafaaVpgWZSUihheBLAla60cUx6nl4XzggoGw1S517ge4YAEjlCGgharPUZtG5ZGThaTTxDX1cEUUUNZzHqzXIejcua3RCeB024rxUfx-GTtIi_RZSux8C0xsd0xMNGkcXZ-TaWAtKIQ-MjFX5frzRUNiQNC-rt6G73VcXR11uIhI8kP6MEHJZqYcgkR2VoAW-vwS6V55oHQvhgwWrPMCxJvL2ooQLQQFsHUDTgKBEdfJ8_KJjwoqIGuRBInS_i09mzEypBSPZC81qHLc_HFHCcoEO3e0fNlVgVhXjnJRdtbTso25FVusSlSa_V1UBsUxHwqkgdiTDMFOzWDyCQ4CNusVHvTWzpHq9lHUWU1OUOPVzXUrtqFwpSdEXHEaN7FuRCxz78B-rUTcbl47SllSAs8pSotfWEM5k_96TKRJgRLC3yJR2PAx-pyK0xNjrNuuVl1mD2OgmoojMiA9ZHGwbzMbewpGDH-EohwcT8ZD6GN5QDjhWuyr4OwOn-GccxSPMgGpnXa6pUE0eu_O4UU1DrbRnvqo=w1904-h1428-no
it's alright, you should have the same brands in san fran

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
are you buying weird freezer food, so that you can renovate your home faster?

Basically yes. All I have at the house now is a freezer and an oven and I got tired of pizza and ramen so I bought a bunch of random frozen stuff to have for lunch. Going back to the store tomorrow so suggestions are welcome.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Basically yes. All I have at the house now is a freezer and an oven and I got tired of pizza and ramen so I bought a bunch of random frozen stuff to have for lunch. Going back to the store tomorrow so suggestions are welcome.
Buy a Microwave!

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Buy a Microwave!

I was legit in a convenience store a decade ago and in walks this young hispanic guy who brings a frozen burrito up to the register. "How long to cook it?" 2-4 minutes said the Korean cashier. "No no no, I mean in water, on the stove." Korean cashier: "..." Me: "..." Hispanic: ???

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users