The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
stop by cosco for the $5 rotisserie, stop by mcd for a few large fries, eat like a god damn king

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Chick Fil A waffle fries disagreed. Although Arby’s is a strong second. With Freddy’s being third.
chick fil a fries? while they do a good fry, they're not "tasty"

it's just a good fry, probably b/c they don't use peanut oil, but canola oil.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else tried the Fridays Dragon fire Chicken chunks in the frozen section? I find them to be damn tasty. To the point of I might head up to the grocery for a special trip just to get a couple packs.

And my guilty lord of all I survey meal is one of those costco fryers with potato wedges from KFC and dip the wedges in a vat of KFC gravy.

Sure I have had 2 heart attacks, but the third won't likely hurt much.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think chik fil a fries are garbage tier. I appreciate how natural they are, but they don't taste as great as their holy chicken does

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
My top fries would be:

Arby's Curly
Checkers
Dairy Queen
BK

Dairy Queen is the kinda outlier. Every time I've gone to my local one the fries are perfectly salted and hot, but I've also had them at other locations and they've been much worse. KFC wedges are also fucking great.

• 1Quality Calories

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Dairy Queen is the kinda outlier. Every time I've gone to my local one the fries are perfectly salted and hot, but I've also had them at other locations and they've been much worse. KFC wedges are also fucking great.

I've always found Dairy Queen fries bland and starchy. Maybe I'm thrown off by the greatness of the rest of their food that the fries don't hold up in comparison.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pull up to Taco Bell, attempt #2 at getting some Double Stacked Tacos (they weren't on their menu last time I went, but were in fact on the giant fucking sign "try our double stack tacos!" that I only saw on the way out). I pull up, see they're on the menu now, except there's 2 stickers over 2 of the flavors that say "sold out". The Reaper Ranch and Nacho Crunch were both sold out. I guess they do run out of the sauces hella quick. I got 3 of the Chipotle Cheddar and if you look at them they look like slobby garbage, but they're wayyyy worth $1 each. Great flavor and I'm fairly certain one of mine had little to no meat in it. Still fucking great. I just wish they had the Reaper Ranch available.

Of course I washed it down with a large Baja Blast. $5.44 for 3 double stacks and a drank. Pretty efficient meal.

Also saying Arby's Curly fries or Checkers/Rally's fries are "the best fries" is apples to oranges. They're a completely different beast, of course they're going to shit all over regular potato fries. The only fries I hate are Wendy's. They're nothing. Better than their old fries, but still not great. Just a waste. McD's are amazing fresh and hot, garbage if you have any left over for any reason. Burger King/Hardees basically have the same fries and if they're hot and fresh they're my favorite. They have that weird potato-mash-that's-fried going on, but it retains the oil nicely. Chik Fil A fries are overrated like all their shit. Old farts just like white people serving them and think it makes the food better or something.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pull up to Taco Bell, attempt #2 at getting some Double Stacked Tacos (they weren't on their menu last time I went, but were in fact on the giant fucking sign "try our double stack tacos!" that I only saw on the way out). I pull up, see they're on the menu now, except there's 2 stickers over 2 of the flavors that say "sold out". The Reaper Ranch and Nacho Crunch were both sold out. I guess they do run out of the sauces hella quick. I got 3 of the Chipotle Cheddar and if you look at them they look like slobby garbage, but they're wayyyy worth $1 each. Great flavor and I'm fairly certain one of mine had little to no meat in it. Still fucking great. I just wish they had the Reaper Ranch available.

Of course I washed it down with a large Baja Blast. $5.44 for 3 double stacks and a drank. Pretty efficient meal.

Also saying Arby's Curly fries or Checkers/Rally's fries are "the best fries" is apples to oranges. They're a completely different beast, of course they're going to shit all over regular potato fries. The only fries I hate are Wendy's. They're nothing. Better than their old fries, but still not great. Just a waste. McD's are amazing fresh and hot, garbage if you have any left over for any reason. Burger King/Hardees basically have the same fries and if they're hot and fresh they're my favorite. They have that weird potato-mash-that's-fried going on, but it retains the oil nicely. Chik Fil A fries are overrated like all their shit. Old farts just like white people serving them and think it makes the food better or something.
I had all three and the nacho one is definitely the worst. Chipotle and reaper ranch we’re both excellent

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The only reason to get chikfila fries is to dip them in those excellent sauces they provide.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The only reason to get chikfila fries is to dip them in those excellent sauces they provide.
naw the nuggets are a better sauce delivery system, i'm lucky here (for some reason) i can get cfa nugs and make a quick trip to mcdees on the way home for fries instead.

• 1Quality Calories

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've always found Dairy Queen fries bland and starchy. Maybe I'm thrown off by the greatness of the rest of their food that the fries don't hold up in comparison.
Oregon soured me on DQ. I used to love a lot of their stuff (Blizzards, Dilly Bars, Ice Cream cakes, etc.) but there are a shitload of them out there and they were all staffed by 14-17 year old morons. The restaurants are not only filthy pig troughs but, the service (lack thereof) at every location was complete shit-tier. Like, no joke waiting 20-30 minutes for my meal.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Oregon soured me on DQ. I used to love a lot of their stuff (Blizzards, Dilly Bars, Ice Cream cakes, etc.) but there are a shitload of them out there and they were all staffed by 14-17 year old morons. The restaurants are not only filthy pig troughs but, the service (lack thereof) at every location was complete shit-tier. Like, no joke waiting 20-30 minutes for my meal.

That's all DQ's by me-- They're even closed in the winter (I thought, because their labor force had to go to high school). We have a ton of gourmet ice cream shops. None of them close in the winter. WTF? DQ by me will get your order wrong on the drive through. It will be lousy quality, and, if you are brave enough to go into the restaurant, you will see health hazards galore (including ants and roaches). I can't imagine any reason to go there.

• 1Barf

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
PS- Chik Fil A is a relatively new presence close by now. Three just opened. I'm not that impressed. Their chicken sandwich is good (not great). Their milkshakes are good (not great). Waffle fries are a great idea poorly executed. Popeye's chicken sandwich is way better. It's worth buying a flak jacket to go get them!

• 1Quality Calories

Wake Up Man
<Banned>

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of shit restaraunts, anyone try the Applebee’s all you can eat thing? I remember their bonless wings being pretty good and they are included, which is about the only thing I actually like there. I think McCheese could bankrupt one or two

I strongly dislike all you can eat where you have to order more food. It's similar to the all you can eat fries at Red Robin. In theory it sounds great, but when you're sitting there waiting for more food to come you realize what a shitty situation it is. This is the biggest flaw with Never Ending Pasta Bowl, too. God help you if you get a slow server or try it during really busy times.

If you're going to have all you can eat, it needs to be buffet style. Let us fill our plates up with as much shit as we want as quickly as we want and as often as we want.

Edit to add: another acceptable all you can eat system is Brazilian steakhouses when food constantly rotates and comes to you. I think I'm going to hit up Texas de Brazil this weekend to celebrate MLK.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brazillian Steakhouse's are pretty damn amazing! My problem is, and it's exactly the problem the restaurant hopes for, is their sides are so fucking good could easily fill up on that!

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Brazillian Steakhouse's are pretty damn amazing! My problem is, and it's exactly the problem the restaurant hopes for, is their sides are so fucking good could easily fill up on that!

They are really good, but I've learned my lesson. If I go to a Brazilian steakhouse it's a strictly meat meal. I enjoy them way more if I do that.

• 1Like