The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Applebee's is fine. It's a meme to hate on them. The food isn't great, but I've had much worse.

I care about the people preparing my food. I saw that taco Bell employee licking a stack of taco shells and I was done

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Applebees it he only kind of place like that that has ever actually disgusted me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Applebee's is fine. It's a meme to hate on them. The food isn't great, but I've had much worse.

I care about the people preparing my food. I saw that taco Bell employee licking a stack of taco shells and I was done
Applebee's is the Nickleback of the Food Industry.

No one admits to liking them yet they are always packed just like Nickleback always sells out their concerts.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Applebee's is the Nickleback of the Food Industry.

No one admits to liking them yet they are always packed just like Nickleback always sells out their concerts.

I don't know I mean Applebee's is just always lower quality on almost everything they make. It's like an offbrand Chili's. In fact Applebees is the great value version of Chili's

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I liked the hands of the server at the take out window. Is that sufficient?
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know I mean Applebee's is just always lower quality on almost everything they make. It's like an offbrand Chili's. In fact Applebees is the great value version of Chili's
Wife refuses to go to Applebee's but she does lile Chili's now and then.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I miss the old TGIFridays. Back when they used to have comfort food and shit on the menu. They used to have a great country fried steak.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh I don't care about that. Just that none of the places I want to go are open. Texas is pretty lame about the shutdown.

Even walkin and pickup places like donut shops are closed down. They don't even have seating either. I don't get it.
Wtf, really? Here in WA and OR where I live and work all restaurants are open. Had Thai the other day and they had a table right in front of the door so you couldn't go inside. You had to order online or over the phone. Then when it was ready they'd put it on the table and walk away and you then could open the door and grab it off the table to go.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd say 90% of the places in my area are still open and have just pivoted to take-out, delivery, and curbside. Places that have never delivered are doing it now as well. The strangest thing about this all is ALL the Chinese places in my town and at least the neighboring town have been closed down totally. These places weren't even like the same owners or anything. We had to resort to the Panda E for some "Chinese" tonight.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd say 90% of the places in my area are still open and have just pivoted to take-out, delivery, and curbside. Places that have never delivered are doing it now as well.

Same here. Even cocktail bars are making mason jar cocktails to go.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
man I am too but no way i'm buying something made by an age group that gives no fucks about this virus and probably has been to 5 different corona virus parties in the past week
I have said the same thing many times over the past few weeks. No fucking way I am buying any food from any restaurant anywhere.

I do want to support my local restaurants so I called my 5 most frequented and I bought a $100 gift certificate to each one. Odds are I will lose $300, gotta figure 3/5 will close if this goes a few months, but that $300 is enough to make me feel smug enough to brag about it to you guys. /cringe

I honestly came here to tell you guys to support your local business with gift cards and protect yourself, after typing it out I realize I am asking you to just throw money away. My heart was in the right place originally now I feel like an elitist asshole.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have said the same thing many times over the past few weeks. No fucking way I am buying any food from any restaurant anywhere.

I do want to support my local restaurants so I called my 5 most frequented and I bought a $100 gift certificate to each one. Odds are I will lose $300, gotta figure 3/5 will close if this goes a few months, but that $300 is enough to make me feel smug enough to brag about it to you guys. /cringe

I honestly came here to tell you guys to support your local business with gift cards and protect yourself, after typing it out I realize I am asking you to just throw money away. My heart was in the right place originally now I feel like an elitist asshole.
I mean, it's a good idea. The by-product, or maybe another word is better, but the end result of everyone stocking up at the grocery stores means that most people are going to eat at home. Who's gonna go spend $300 at the grocery store, and then go out to dinner? I mean, I do that shit all the time, and I'm mad at myself for doing it, but I do it anyway.