The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I refuse to give myself higher than a 9 but yeah they are fucking amazing.
Roasting corn on the cob right and and on my 9th beer since 11am.

4177DFC8-9AB5-4C0C-A35D-14EE721F5DA6.jpeg

• 5Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Let's talk about Popeyes...

Damn, it is good fried chicken. And MAN are their chicken sandwiches good! They make Chik -Fil-A seem like Burger King by comparison.

However, by me you have to go to some pretty rough areas to access Popeyes. I have noticed that on each of my 3 past visits to Popeyes that they have never gotten my order correct. 2 out of the 3 times they either neglected items (fries, a 2-piece spicy white meal, a shrimp box) or they have added items (a 10 piece regular chicken; I didn't think that they had anything other than spicy!). Plus, a serious miscount in my favor on a 7-piece spicy tenders that probably contained 20 tenders at least. So, I am mixed with regard to how I should feel about their screw-ups.

To the point-- does ANYONE ever get what they order from Popeyes?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Damn, it is good fried chicken. And MAN are their chicken sandwiches good! They make Chik -Fil-A seem like Burger King by comparison.

However, by me you have to go to some pretty rough areas to access Popeyes. I have noticed that on each of my 3 past visits to Popeyes that they have never gotten my order correct. 2 out of the 3 times they either neglected items (fries, a 2-piece spicy white meal, a shrimp box) or they have added items (a 10 piece regular chicken; I didn't think that they had anything other than spicy!). Plus, a serious miscount in my favor on a 7-piece spicy tenders that probably contained 20 tenders at least. So, I am mixed with regard to how I should feel about their screw-ups.

Our Popeye's is like 90% white workers and not in a ghetto area. I have yet to have a fucked up order there.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t know I think the guy who gets the extra 10 piece and the 20 tenders order instead of 7 might have found the unicorn...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Our Popeye's is like 90% white workers and not in a ghetto area. I have yet to have a fucked up order there.

I can't tell whether you are serious or not. I have 3 Popeyes within 10 miles of me. 1 of them, the one that actually serves the best food; with chicken sandwiches that are 2x the size of anything I have ever seen from a fast food place, has had multiple shootings. They have been closed for it! The other 2 aren't much better. White people are a significant rarity (since my eyes are not positioned in such a fashion to readily see myself). I can honestly say I have never seen a caucasian at any of them. I thought they were only a ghetto chain... Kinda like White Castle and Jack-in-the-Box.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I can't tell whether you are serious or not. I have 3 Popeyes within 10 miles of me. 1 of them, the one that actually serves the best food; with chicken sandwiches that are 2x the size of anything I have ever seen from a fast food place, has had multiple shootings. They have been closed for it! The other 2 aren't much better. White people are a significant rarity (since my eyes are not positioned in such a fashion to readily see myself). I can honestly say I have never seen a caucasian at any of them. I thought they were only a ghetto chain... Kinda like White Castle and Jack-in-the-Box.

To put it this way, there was one black kid in my high school graduating class. We don't have a huge black community here, although it has increased in the last 20ish years. We've always had more Asian and international students because of our town University.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Both the Popeye's near me are ghetto as fuck, and both are delicious.

There's a scary ass Long John Silver's I see sometimes, I remember loving that place as a kid. I've tried to go to this one a few times but it's always fucked up or on fire or flooded or the power's out. It HAS to be a drug front.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I only know of two Popeyes in SF. SF is a mad white/Asian city but one of them is in the blackest neighborhood in the entire city.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I love me some Popeyes but the one near me has never gotten my order right and the people working there always look like they’d be happy to fuck with whitey’s food. Not worth the risk.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Popeyes had their seafood go downhill after the BP oil spill and all the ones near me never recovered quality-wise. 2000s biscuits were unmatched, now they're just sad.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
4 Chickfila biscuits
1x 6 piece Chicken Mini Biscuitz
1x Hashbrowns
1x large DP
1x Bacon egg n cheese biscuit

1587641793715.png

• 5Quality Calories
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I've never had a problem but the ones I frequent are in nicer areas. Now I want a chicken sandwich.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
College town I'm working in emptied out. Been fucked so many times so far trying to find delivery. Most of the decent Chinese places are all fully closed. Last week I tried a place that was 4.3 Google rated.... Almost inedible.

So tonight I packed but for a 12 hour shift found myself feeling fat and hungry. $12+ is free delivery at taco bell, but I'm a jew and the stuff I like is like 1-2 dollars, so that's excessive. Saw that there's a raising canes nearby. Got excited, hadn't had them in ages. Like the only diving place without delivery.

Fucking Corona.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Our chinese place was closed when we called in 2 weeks ago. If it fully closes because of that, it will be the single greatest personal loss of this whole ordeal. We've literally been getting takeout from this place for 25+ years. They fucking loved us. They'd throw in like 60 fortune cookies and like 2 bags of those oil-cooked biscuit dough bites covered in sugar for free. We easily put several of their kids/grandkids through college with our $80+ orders.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Our chinese place was closed when we called in 2 weeks ago. If it fully closes because of that, it will be the single greatest personal loss of this whole ordeal. We've literally been getting takeout from this place for 25+ years. They fucking loved us. They'd throw in like 60 fortune cookies and like 2 bags of those oil-cooked biscuit dough bites covered in sugar for free. We easily put several of their kids/grandkids through college with our $80+ orders.

All the Chinese places in my town are shut down and they have been for at least a month now. I haven't found one open within 30 miles of me.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users