The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm afraid our Chinese place is going to go out of business. They are closed now and they were already struggling because the state is doing a 2 year road construction project right in their driveway and it sucks to get there now and has for a long time.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Saw that the Chinese place across from us was all emptied out about a month ago. Not sure when it happened but man that spot was convenient. Not the best food but couldn’t beat the location.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's weird the Chick-Fil-A and Wendys down the road both hired top tier friendly people

What has been up with Wendy's lately? I wonder if they changed their hiring criteria, because I've noticed that they've been getting fantastic employees lately. Much better than your typical, fast-food style dipshittery that plague places like McD's, Jack in the Box, etc.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What has been up with Wendy's lately? I wonder if they changed their hiring criteria, because I've noticed that they've been getting fantastic employees lately. Much better than your typical, fast-food style dipshittery that plague places like McD's, Jack in the Box, etc.
Mine is still fucking terrible. 1 car at the window and they'll make you wait before they take your order, probably to make times not seem so terrible or something. Drives me insane. I rarely ever go their anymore for that reason, and it's easy to tell I'm not the only one. The Taco Bell across the street and McDonalds a block down the road will be packed at drive thru and Wendy's will be empty.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You guys have gay Chinese places. Ours has already been shutdown 3 times for opening their bar for patrons despite the governor banning it. They don't give a fuck

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Chinese restaurants near me are all closed. But they were closed almost immediately after this started, they didn't even try to weather the storm with just delivery and takeout, even though that was the majority of their business in the first place.

It's making me suspicious they got word from the motherland to return and get vaccinated against the death plague they invented to kill us all.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're prolly getting their names changed to Nguyen and going to add pho to the menu

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn Utnayan Utnayan and Hekotat Hekotat cant get their favorite dish anymore....

giphy.gif

Cream of Sum Yung Guy.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Tried my hand at making some brats cooked in cider and onions tonight with some herbed potatoes. Didn’t turn out too bad, though I can’t dice an onion for shit.

3B2CFB24-27F6-4BAD-AFFA-D3157ED6377B.jpeg

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Our Chinese places are still open for takeout. The best one near us is awesome and we got some last night.

WTF is wrong with people? Like fake American-Chinese restaurants were bastions of the virus. Idiots will regret that when stuff opens up again and there are no good eggrolls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Apparently it is racist to say the virus originated in china. Heard that one today. Not related to your point though

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You guys have gay Chinese places. Ours has already been shutdown 3 times for opening their bar for patrons despite the governor banning it. They don't give a fuck
Apparently it is racist to say the virus originated in china. Heard that one today. Not related to your point though

Our local food facebook page was filled with posts blaming racist people for all the Chinese restaurants closing in our area. I have lived in this town like 40 years and not once have I ever had any racist shit said to me as a Filipino so I called buillshit on that. I ran into the owner of our favorite Chinese place and they said it was easier for them to just close because they were having problems getting ingredients from China even before the stay at home hit here. They also had one of their backup cooks trapped in China since Chinese New Year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I always wonder about ethnic restaurants where everyone who works there is the race that the food comes from. Is it intentional or does it just happen? Can I apply for a job as a waiter at an Indian restaurant and sue if they don't hire me?

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My friends family owns a Chinese restaurant and the staff is his entire family and they all live in a single home. I wouldn't be surprised if most were like that

Xevy

Log Wizard
Our chinese place is Chinese owned, white girl takes orders, and mix of chinese/hispanic chefs cook the food.

If I was at a Mexican restaurant and the cooks weren't Mexican, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Chinese place next to my old apartment was literally just the family running it and living in the room above. The one that just closed was also family with the kids running the register. Same with one weird place in bumfuck MD I used to live, family run, had a snarky ass troll of a kid at that register.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Chinese carryout only place nearby still open. They even have cheesesteak eggrolls. All chinese family employees. No idea about that claim a chinese restaurant can't get stuff from china...you can get that shit at the local grocery store unless you're ordering gray wetmarket chinese food. Pretty sure there hasn't been a post here about pangolins or bats, Harshaw Harshaw