The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Chinese carryout only place nearby still open. They even have cheesesteak eggrolls. All chinese family employees. No idea about that claim a chinese restaurant can't get stuff from china...you can get that shit at the local grocery store unless you're ordering gray wetmarket chinese food. Pretty sure there hasn't been a post here about pangolins or bats, Harshaw Harshaw

I have no idea what they get from China, but it's no stranger than the Greek restaurant that gets all their olive oil and shit sent over from Greece. Also, If I want anything short of some basic asian staples I have to order it off Amazon or drive about 90 minutes to an actual Asian grocery. I'd kill to be able to go to the local grocery and get shit like gochujang or miso paste, but that don't happen where I live.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are you sure it's a Fast Food Thread Chinese place? Is there a steam tray full of bright red sweet and sour pork in there?

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have no idea what they get from China, but it's no stranger than the Greek restaurant that gets all their olive oil and shit sent over from Greece. Also, If I want anything short of some basic asian staples I have to order it off Amazon or drive about 90 minutes to an actual Asian grocery. I'd kill to be able to go to the local grocery and get shit like gochujang or miso paste, but that don't happen where I live.

Yeah, I'm lucky my local supermarket even has gochujang paste. Can't even get choy sum. I have to bug my friend from philly to hit china town for anything authentic.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I first got my chef's knives I lost a fair amount of blood trying to chop onions fast like the TV chefs. I can demolish an onion in no time now though.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The trick is not to cut the root. Not only does it hold the onion together while you dice, as a bonus you won't tear up as much

Yeah, this was the video I watched before trying. Bitch of an onion just wouldn't stay together and I probably have shitty knives (even though they're new). I'm also super paranoid about cutting myself, so probably not doing well for my holding position.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

95% of restaurants including Chinese ones get their food from sysco deliveries, those cheese steak egg rolls come frozen from sysco. The 5% of non-high end restaurants that don't, and shop for themselves, are almost always awesome places - it's so much more effort for them

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sysco is just the distributor though. I don't know what percentage they get imported as I don't deal with imports much but I'd be shocked if they didn't get stuff from China.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Are you saying all Chinese food places use the same Sysco shit just like pizza places?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you saying all Chinese food places use the same Sysco shit just like pizza places?

I've seen them get deliveries from trucks with nothing but chinese written on them, but I'm sure its also area dependent. restaurants in urban centers are more likely to have an asian specific distributor near them while some in the more rural areas will have to rely on the big boys like sysco or US food

joz123

Potato del Grande
Free spicy chicken sandwich w/ purchase if you do mobile order with Wendy's app.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I've seen gochujang at walmart.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Old bay On the corn

D0ABA921-65D0-4856-B475-1FB7131F10F9.jpeg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fuck yes. You know a real man by the size of his old Bay container.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Every single product I have tried from Kinder's is fan-fucking-tastic. Here is the latest thing I have tried and God Damn it is good. Day 86 of Carnivore this probably not 100% Carnivore, but it is close enough. I am dropping weight and feeling great.
1588204794031.png

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I've never understood why the rest of my family won't try Old Bay on corn. It's goddamn perfect for it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Day 2 of living in Florida, ordered a cheese steak, meat too thick and roll is as soft as a hotdog bun. I miss Jersey already