The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck no milk makes me want to vomit. It's some animals fucking lactate, grosses me out so bad. I drink "extra creamy oat milk"

large_5a441106-d2a1-4b38-a2a7-5e3dbbbeacd9.JPG

giphy.gif

Fuck no milk makes me want to vomit. It's some animals fucking lactate, grosses me out so bad. I drink "extra creamy oat milk"

large_5a441106-d2a1-4b38-a2a7-5e3dbbbeacd9.JPG

giphy.gif

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
no

no

aldi, okish
csm_8014-Chicken-Breast-Nuggets-Detail-Exported_bc39b3569f.jpg

best one so far, kroger (my kroger is called dillons)
8a266de0-fa1c-4fd0-a09d-e4e9e1ef4bc3_1.0c165edbf9374ef0d04520a7649813b2.jpeg

cant find, can only get drumsticks
chicken-breast-nugget-bag-62961.png

banquet is probably the best one (from having had their tv dinners, just can't find the big bag)

still no contender to mcdees

large_ca16ca9b-646a-45fe-84d0-a43cbf32c7aa.jpeg

yummy brand with panko (the non-panko ones are meh) are very very good when cooked in a convection oven (no such thing as an air fryer)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hot on the heels of the nashiville chicken chips sucking....

I got the carnitas street tacos and philly cheese. I'd say philly cheese are closest to passable, I could binge the bag but I wouldnt buy another. Strangely soft, subtle cheese taste, fairly empty. Almost like eating a unflavored cheese puff.

Carnitas smelled like stale pork rinds. Only flavor I got from it was heavy salt and pepper. Certainly didnt remind me of my favorite meat on the planet.

I very rarely get chips, shoulda stuck with the solid classics.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
post your lunch

1597425340751.png

Beef n chedda
curly fries
large mellow yellow
x2 horsey packets

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm alone for dinner for the first time since February. I've decided it's fast food night. What should I get? I haven't had Sonic in decades. But it seemed meh. Possibly Steak & Shake. Anyone have a must have for me tonight?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm alone for dinner for the first time since February. I've decided it's fast food night. What should I get? I haven't had Sonic in decades. But it seemed meh. Possibly Steak & Shake. Anyone have a must have for me tonight?

We are having Burger Fi tonight. Wife veto'd shake shack.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Popeye's-- OMG. Why do I put up with them? Because they are that good.

here is tonight's lovely Popeye's experience. I order on the mobile app. Pretty easy and I can even take advantage of an online special for 3 tenders, a side and a drink for $6.

It processes my order, gives me a number (ORDER #60). It texts me that it is a MOBILE ORDER- Drive-Thru(sp) 7:48pm. Tell your server at the drive thru your order number is #60. Ready at 8:05pm. Great.

I actually waited before ordering, because the nearest Popeye's to me is at an airport. The other 2 are in the hood (farther away). I figure, I'll get gas on the way to the airport and order from there. Done at 7:48pm.

I get to the restaurant a little late. Too many ass-holes driving slow in the left lane! I pull up to the drive through at 8:09pm. I give them my order number and the woman tells me to "come into the restaurant." Huh? Wait, what about COVID-19 and shit? Guess not. So I proceed into the restaurant. I tell them again my order number is #60. The server is stunned. She does some shit on the register and prints out a copy of my order. She then asks for my credit card. I tell her it is already paid for and show her my phone:
1597542059455.png

She proceeds to tell me the order with take "15 minutes." What? But it's Popeye's and I have already invested an almost 30 minute drive. So I wait. It takes a full 55 minutes of being in the store before I get my order complete. In between, I am given an order which is not mine (which I give back). I had ordered the popcorn shrimp. None in the bag. I also ordered spicy chicken sandwiches and spicy tenders. They weren't in the bag either. it was another "15 minutes" to get the popcorn shrimp. By the time the popcorn shrimp were cooked, the server had taken the chicken sandwiches out of my bag and thrown them in the trash (right in front of me). "Why did you do that?," I asked her. She told me there was a time limit on the sandwiches and now she was going to have to make fresh ones. Another "5 minutes." I guess they don't give a crap about the popcorn shrimp getting old?

It was a complete cluster-fuck. Plus, when I finally have the bag order complete, I double-checked that my tenders were "spicy." "No," I am told, "They're regular." It will take another "12 minutes" if I want spicy. I am in the store almost an hour at this point. I'm out. I'll deal with regular tenders. (but, truth be told, I actually have never TRIED Popeye's regular tenders-- always spicy).

When I get the order home, FINALLY, they screwed up one of the chicken sandwiches too-- classic, not the spicy I had ordered.

Now, it gets better-- there is a link on the bottom of the app-- see it, up there? If you click on it, essentially nothing happens except you get a page that has a bunch of really weird FAQs (like "How can I apply for a career with Popeye's?"). No, I didn't read the answer, for fear that it might say something like "If you can read this answer, you're overqualified).

So, there is also a phone number on the receipt (sorry- the pic is bad, but I got so antsy I crinkled the receipt about a hundred times while waiting):

1597542746440.png

Go ahead-- call it 1-866-425-4745. It gives you a recorded message that says only "I pee too." Or, maybe it's "IP2." Who knows? What the shit is that?

There is no other fast food franchise for which I would tolerate this level of incompetence. Only "Jack in the Box" in the 1970's achieved that level of sheer stupidity, and they killed a bunch of folks with food-poisoning. At least Popeye's is delicious. Yeah-- it was. But this venture cost me over 2 hours of my time (with travel), and God-knows how much of my life in pure stress and aggravation. When I have an aneurysm, the doctor may be able to tell with the MRI that "look, this started forming right between the popcorn shrimp and the tossed-in-the-garbage chicken sandwiches."

Pure retardedness!

PS- the food was great! And I have chicken sandwiches in the fridge for later.

PPS- that stupid tenders special was supposed to come with a drink. Never got that either.

PPS- there was an extra mashed potatos in the bag. Whoopie.

• 3Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Chances are sadly the hood locations would have been slightly better. If like Denver at all, the airport restaurants surrounding it are all bizarre commuter workers that I think get paid marginally better but don't realize it's not worth commuting an hour plus on a bus or driving that far daily from the nearest poor people housing to work there.

Id also say, almost none of the chains are worth ordering on the app. None are worth the usual extra hassle or issues. Not like you can get crazy deals like mcd used to have.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1597545160663.jpeg

I’m giving this bag a hefty dose of #metoo action while I read this forum.

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Popeye's-- OMG. Why do I put up with them? Because they are that good.

here is tonight's lovely Popeye's experience. I order on the mobile app. Pretty easy and I can even take advantage of an online special for 3 tenders, a side and a drink for $6.

It processes my order, gives me a number (ORDER #60). It texts me that it is a MOBILE ORDER- Drive-Thru(sp) 7:48pm. Tell your server at the drive thru your order number is #60. Ready at 8:05pm. Great.

I actually waited before ordering, because the nearest Popeye's to me is at an airport. The other 2 are in the hood (farther away). I figure, I'll get gas on the way to the airport and order from there. Done at 7:48pm.

I get to the restaurant a little late. Too many ass-holes driving slow in the left lane! I pull up to the drive through at 8:09pm. I give them my order number and the woman tells me to "come into the restaurant." Huh? Wait, what about COVID-19 and shit? Guess not. So I proceed into the restaurant. I tell them again my order number is #60. The server is stunned. She does some shit on the register and prints out a copy of my order. She then asks for my credit card. I tell her it is already paid for and show her my phone:
View attachment 293560
She proceeds to tell me the order with take "15 minutes." What? But it's Popeye's and I have already invested an almost 30 minute drive. So I wait. It takes a full 55 minutes of being in the store before I get my order complete. In between, I am given an order which is not mine (which I give back). I had ordered the popcorn shrimp. None in the bag. I also ordered spicy chicken sandwiches and spicy tenders. They weren't in the bag either. it was another "15 minutes" to get the popcorn shrimp. By the time the popcorn shrimp were cooked, the server had taken the chicken sandwiches out of my bag and thrown them in the trash (right in front of me). "Why did you do that?," I asked her. She told me there was a time limit on the sandwiches and now she was going to have to make fresh ones. Another "5 minutes." I guess they don't give a crap about the popcorn shrimp getting old?

It was a complete cluster-fuck. Plus, when I finally have the bag order complete, I double-checked that my tenders were "spicy." "No," I am told, "They're regular." It will take another "12 minutes" if I want spicy. I am in the store almost an hour at this point. I'm out. I'll deal with regular tenders. (but, truth be told, I actually have never TRIED Popeye's regular tenders-- always spicy).

When I get the order home, FINALLY, they screwed up one of the chicken sandwiches too-- classic, not the spicy I had ordered.

Now, it gets better-- there is a link on the bottom of the app-- see it, up there? If you click on it, essentially nothing happens except you get a page that has a bunch of really weird FAQs (like "How can I apply for a career with Popeye's?"). No, I didn't read the answer, for fear that it might say something like "If you can read this answer, you're overqualified).

So, there is also a phone number on the receipt (sorry- the pic is bad, but I got so antsy I crinkled the receipt about a hundred times while waiting):

View attachment 293568

Go ahead-- call it 1-866-425-4745. It gives you a recorded message that says only "I pee too." Or, maybe it's "IP2." Who knows? What the shit is that?

There is no other fast food franchise for which I would tolerate this level of incompetence. Only "Jack in the Box" in the 1970's achieved that level of sheer stupidity, and they killed a bunch of folks with food-poisoning. At least Popeye's is delicious. Yeah-- it was. But this venture cost me over 2 hours of my time (with travel), and God-knows how much of my life in pure stress and aggravation. When I have an aneurysm, the doctor may be able to tell with the MRI that "look, this started forming right between the popcorn shrimp and the tossed-in-the-garbage chicken sandwiches."

Pure retardedness!

PS- the food was great! And I have chicken sandwiches in the fridge for later.

PPS- that stupid tenders special was supposed to come with a drink. Never got that either.

PPS- there was an extra mashed potatos in the bag. Whoopie.
this is the most detailed "but i'll still let Popeye's fuck me in the ass next time" post

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got these too-- not a fan. Love the Euro-flavors concept, but not Lays' execution. Cause Lays kinda suck. Utz should do this (they kind of do with their Voo-Doo brand).

Herr’s is far superior in this area than Utz.

Last edited: