The Fast Food Thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am in the heart of growth west of Houston (fort bend county). The lowest prices houses in this community are in the low 400k, and for Houston that is upper middle class.

I only say all that because they are putting in a brand new Popeyes smack dab in the middle of our planned community. It has to be the most upscale location I have ever seen for one of their stores.

I dont know whether to be excited that it is not a ghetto location or scared that it will become a ghetto location. Either way, I will report back on quality and service once it opens.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My grocery store has a nice selection of the spicy ramen going. Up to 7 varieties now. They also added some new samyang ones that I picked up to try.

20200820_091454.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have 2x 5 packs of the buldak curry coming. After half a year of being off diet and not exercising I am back on track. Part of keeping my calorie intake on point has been doing a lot of ramen and samyang and tasty bites. A good meal that is reasonably sized and low on calories.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have 2x 5 packs of the buldak curry coming. After half a year of being off diet and not exercising I am back on track. Part of keeping my calorie intake on point has been doing a lot of ramen and samyang and tasty bites. A good meal that is reasonably sized and low on calories.
plus you probably shit out fire, so it goes through your system quick

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It is hard to pay a couple of bucks for a package of something that I have been paying 10 cents or less for my entire life.

I get why, it is just hard.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It is hard to pay a couple of bucks for a package of something that I have been paying 10 cents or less for my entire life.

Very different in terms of quality between these types and the shitty cheap ramen. These are ramen you want to eat, not ramen you have to eat because of poverty.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Very different in terms of quality between these types and the shitty cheap ramen. These are ramen you want to eat, not ramen you have to eat because of poverty.
Yea, it is not like Ramen is like all those pizza places that are all the same. They're more like Wendy's, high variability in quality

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
plus you probably shit out fire, so it goes through your system quick
Nah, last time that happened was when I ate that 2x spicy samyang. I have a fairly hearty digestive system otherwise. I just had one of those self heating hot pots last night with spicy vegetables. Aside from those little round things they put in sichuan seasoning, I was able to pound the rest, and enjoyed it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

if you are cheap but have a walmart you can try mama noodles for 50c
3fd0e6038012ff826d175c2ce2a9d0d8.png

will it taste 5x better? the soup base and noodle texture will be better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nah, last time that happened was when I ate that 2x spicy samyang. I have a fairly hearty digestive system otherwise. I just had one of those self heating hot pots last night with spicy vegetables. Aside from those little round things they put in sichuan seasoning, I was able to pound the rest, and enjoyed it.
yea sichuan seeds almost give me heartburn, not like 70yr old need tums heartburn, but like it's the only spice that makes me feel that its working not in the ass area

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
yea sichuan seeds almost give me heartburn, not like 70yr old need tums heartburn, but like it's the only spice that makes me feel that its working not in the ass area
It's not the spice level that gets me, I just really hate the flavor and texture of them. They make other stuff taste great, though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Taco Bell was advertising "chili cheese burritos". I know some of you really liked them. They were pretty meh, but not awful. They tasted like the microwavable burritos, but I think they were like $1 each so probably worth. They weren't as stuffed as I'd like but as I got to the bottom it was the classic bite-and-squirt issue Taco Bell items have sometimes.

I did get two "nacho crunch stacker tacos" for $2 each. I'd say they're worth. They need maybe a special sauce or something, but they were pretty good.

I didn't get a Baja Blast. I'm sorry, guys.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Taco Bell was advertising "chili cheese burritos". I know some of you really liked them. They were pretty meh, but not awful. They tasted like the microwavable burritos, but I think they were like $1 each so probably worth. They weren't as stuffed as I'd like but as I got to the bottom it was the classic bite-and-squirt issue Taco Bell items have sometimes.

I did get two "nacho crunch stacker tacos" for $2 each. I'd say they're worth. They need maybe a special sauce or something, but they were pretty good.

I didn't get a Baja Blast. I'm sorry, guys.

I'm going to have to see if mine has the chili cheese ones, those were my absolute favorite growing up.

The nacho crunch stackers are decent but my issue is that they are *literally* a double decker taco but with nacho cheese instead of beans in between the tortilla and shell. Is it really that much more expensive for beans that it makes them unprofitable?

Did anyone else notice that they replaced the beefy frito burrito with the beefy nacho burrito for the same price? No fritos but add nacho cheese. Their worst cheese. However some of their items still have the fake fritos that are colored pink; so why not use those in the beefy burrito and call it a beefy burrito crunch?

It just feels like they are taking off good items and replacing them with generic ones for no damn reason.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what is in that nacho cheese sauce but if it's significantly less expensive than refried beans I find that concerning.

• 1Like