The Fast Food Thread

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Popeye's-- OMG. Why do I put up with them? Because they are that good.

here is tonight's lovely Popeye's experience. I order on the mobile app. Pretty easy and I can even take advantage of an online special for 3 tenders, a side and a drink for $6.

It processes my order, gives me a number (ORDER #60). It texts me that it is a MOBILE ORDER- Drive-Thru(sp) 7:48pm. Tell your server at the drive thru your order number is #60. Ready at 8:05pm. Great.

I actually waited before ordering, because the nearest Popeye's to me is at an airport. The other 2 are in the hood (farther away). I figure, I'll get gas on the way to the airport and order from there. Done at 7:48pm.

I get to the restaurant a little late. Too many ass-holes driving slow in the left lane! I pull up to the drive through at 8:09pm. I give them my order number and the woman tells me to "come into the restaurant." Huh? Wait, what about COVID-19 and shit? Guess not. So I proceed into the restaurant. I tell them again my order number is #60. The server is stunned. She does some shit on the register and prints out a copy of my order. She then asks for my credit card. I tell her it is already paid for and show her my phone:
View attachment 293560
She proceeds to tell me the order with take "15 minutes." What? But it's Popeye's and I have already invested an almost 30 minute drive. So I wait. It takes a full 55 minutes of being in the store before I get my order complete. In between, I am given an order which is not mine (which I give back). I had ordered the popcorn shrimp. None in the bag. I also ordered spicy chicken sandwiches and spicy tenders. They weren't in the bag either. it was another "15 minutes" to get the popcorn shrimp. By the time the popcorn shrimp were cooked, the server had taken the chicken sandwiches out of my bag and thrown them in the trash (right in front of me). "Why did you do that?," I asked her. She told me there was a time limit on the sandwiches and now she was going to have to make fresh ones. Another "5 minutes." I guess they don't give a crap about the popcorn shrimp getting old?

It was a complete cluster-fuck. Plus, when I finally have the bag order complete, I double-checked that my tenders were "spicy." "No," I am told, "They're regular." It will take another "12 minutes" if I want spicy. I am in the store almost an hour at this point. I'm out. I'll deal with regular tenders. (but, truth be told, I actually have never TRIED Popeye's regular tenders-- always spicy).

When I get the order home, FINALLY, they screwed up one of the chicken sandwiches too-- classic, not the spicy I had ordered.

Now, it gets better-- there is a link on the bottom of the app-- see it, up there? If you click on it, essentially nothing happens except you get a page that has a bunch of really weird FAQs (like "How can I apply for a career with Popeye's?"). No, I didn't read the answer, for fear that it might say something like "If you can read this answer, you're overqualified).

So, there is also a phone number on the receipt (sorry- the pic is bad, but I got so antsy I crinkled the receipt about a hundred times while waiting):

View attachment 293568

Go ahead-- call it 1-866-425-4745. It gives you a recorded message that says only "I pee too." Or, maybe it's "IP2." Who knows? What the shit is that?

There is no other fast food franchise for which I would tolerate this level of incompetence. Only "Jack in the Box" in the 1970's achieved that level of sheer stupidity, and they killed a bunch of folks with food-poisoning. At least Popeye's is delicious. Yeah-- it was. But this venture cost me over 2 hours of my time (with travel), and God-knows how much of my life in pure stress and aggravation. When I have an aneurysm, the doctor may be able to tell with the MRI that "look, this started forming right between the popcorn shrimp and the tossed-in-the-garbage chicken sandwiches."

Pure retardedness!

PS- the food was great! And I have chicken sandwiches in the fridge for later.

PPS- that stupid tenders special was supposed to come with a drink. Never got that either.

PPS- there was an extra mashed potatos in the bag. Whoopie.

That's fucking hilarious man. I just called and it read me the phone number back and said "I PEE TOO" LOL.

Honestly, we know why this is. It's all the lowest paid retards that work at popeyes. The rare times I go I'm so polite, and these people, honestly they're basically cavemen coping to survive in the 21st century. They barely speak legitimate english, they have no manners, it's terrible. One time I went through and ordered 12 or so of the sandwiches to bring to my coworkers ( an easy enough bulk order "12 spicy chicken sandwiches with medium fries", not like 3 one way, 2 a different way, etc.) The hood rat yells "WHY DIDNT YOU PHONE THIS IN???" back at me, then it cuts off, like 20 seconds of silence, and the manager comes on and says it wont be a problem and will be a short wait. The only fast food restaurant that doesn't have complete cave people working is Chick Filet, which is just fucking amazing, and I prefer their spicy chicken sandwich. Honestly lately McDonalds seems to be trying to catch up, and while they will still have toothless former meth addicts, they are fucking polite and speak conversational english.

I don't know. It fucking pisses me off when I go somewhere and I say "Hey how are you?" and I get back "7.99" "Thank you kindly. Have a good day" and they ignore any pleasantries. Just be a fucking human.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know. It fucking pisses me off when I go somewhere and I say "Hey how are you?" and I get back "7.99" "Thank you kindly. Have a good day" and they ignore any pleasantries. Just be a fucking human.
As someone who works in retail, it's the opposite for me. I generally great everyone who walks in my store and when they come up I ask how they are, it's probably like 80% I get ignored.

Fucks wrong with people I have no idea

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
As someone who works in retail, it's the opposite for me. I generally great everyone who walks in my store and when they come up I ask how they are, it's probably like 80% I get ignored.

Fucks wrong with people I have no idea

I hear you! That does suck man. I hate getting stuck in bullshit conversations with strangers, but as humans we need to all be polite.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Everything you said above makes perfect sense except that Chik Fil-A's sandwich is better!

Chik Fil-A's primary mission may not be food; they are 21st century missionaries. We need Mormom fast food. Does that exist? Shit, they would be super-friendly!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Everything you said above makes perfect sense except that Chik Fil-A's sandwich is better!

Chik Fil-A's primary mission may not be food; they are 21st century missionaries. We need Mormom fast food. Does that exist? Shit, they would be super-friendly!
Chick Fil A is hands down the best fast food chicken sammiches on earth. It's not all about the friendly service, it's about the incredibly high quality food they make by hiring and properly training high quality employees.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Chick Fil A is hands down the best fast food chicken sammiches on earth. It's not all about the friendly service, it's about the incredibly high quality food they make by hiring and properly training high quality employees.

I think Popeye's gets their people from the Open Doors prison re-entry program.

Sevens

Log Wizard
That's fucking hilarious man. I just called and it read me the phone number back and said "I PEE TOO" LOL.

Honestly, we know why this is. It's all the lowest paid retards that work at popeyes. The rare times I go I'm so polite, and these people, honestly they're basically cavemen coping to survive in the 21st century. They barely speak legitimate english, they have no manners, it's terrible. One time I went through and ordered 12 or so of the sandwiches to bring to my coworkers ( an easy enough bulk order "12 spicy chicken sandwiches with medium fries", not like 3 one way, 2 a different way, etc.) The hood rat yells "WHY DIDNT YOU PHONE THIS IN???" back at me, then it cuts off, like 20 seconds of silence, and the manager comes on and says it wont be a problem and will be a short wait. The only fast food restaurant that doesn't have complete cave people working is Chick Filet, which is just fucking amazing, and I prefer their spicy chicken sandwich. Honestly lately McDonalds seems to be trying to catch up, and while they will still have toothless former meth addicts, they are fucking polite and speak conversational english.

I'm with you on the "ignoring my politeness"
Go on a 6 hour car trip to visit my sister, on the way home we stop in a small Kansas town to get a drink, snacks and gas at a local station. I place my items on the counter and say "Good morning" to the young (fat ass) lady working, she completely ignores me and just rings up my items...and then instead of saying "Your total is..." she turns the total display swivel sign towards me (still never having said a word). So I just simply stare at it, not saying a word and waiting...must have been at least 3 mins before the cunt finally tells me my total.You rude ass worthless cunt, cant even say what my total is. Is that to much work for your fat ass? God damn pisses me off dealing with them brain dead asses in retail, and then you see them constantly complaining on FB about how rude the customers are and how hard it is to have to deal with shitty people all day. Well you know what, be a decent civil human being with a modicum of intelligence and I will guarantee you that your interactions with the customers will improve. Fucking jack wagons!!

• 1Rustled

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd die for some Chik-Fil-A breakfast right now. I've got most everything else. McD's, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Arby's, etc. None sounds good for breakfast this morning though. I eat a lot of McDonald's breakfast during the week so try and avoid it on the weekends.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
been rocking some boulder canyon

BoulderCanyon_ClassicSeaSalt_1024x1024.jpg

they are a great combo of being kettle cooked, but not to thick like some

went to look em up and just learned it's an UTZ brand

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Went to Taco Bell the other day and their menu is shit now, I didn't expect it to change so quickly. It was super basic shit, only thing they had i was interested in was the Cheesy Gordita Crunch.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I hear you! That does suck man. I hate getting stuck in bullshit conversations with strangers, but as humans we need to all be polite.
yea, having worked sales, retail and shit, i hate being fake polite to ppl. i'd much rather eat at these types of ramen places where they bring out your food behind a wall and you don't see no one
1*7RDCv__U4KYWf341jvEFRw.jpeg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Go on a 6 hour car trip to visit my sister, on the way home we stop in a small Kansas town to get a drink, snacks and gas at a local station. I place my items on the counter and say "Good morning" to the young (fat ass) lady working, she completely ignores me and just rings up my items...and then instead of saying "Your total is..." she turns the total display swivel sign towards me (still never having said a word). So I just simply stare at it, not saying a word and waiting...must have been at least 3 mins before the cunt finally tells me my total.You rude ass worthless cunt, cant even say what my total is. Is that to much work for your fat ass? God damn pisses me off dealing with them brain dead asses in retail, and then you see them constantly complaining on FB about how rude the customers are and how hard it is to have to deal with shitty people all day. Well you know what, be a decent civil human being with a modicum of intelligence and I will guarantee you that your interactions with the customers will improve. Fucking jack wagons!!
what twon is this?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Holy fuck man. What can we say to these people? Should they be called out??

Sevens

Log Wizard
Holy fuck man. What can we say to these people? Should they be called out??
It's not even like I expect to have an in depth conversation with someone, but at least an acknowledgement that I am there.
I have replied on post on FB about how if they were at least decent people then things might be different and I just get shouted down about how Im a bad customer and I just need to accept their bullshit cause they have it sooooo hard having to deal with the public.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It's not even like I expect to have an in depth conversation with someone, but at least an acknowledgement that I am there.
I have replied on post on FB about how if they were at least decent people then things might be different and I just get shouted down about how Im a bad customer and I just need to accept their bullshit cause they have it sooooo hard having to deal with the public.

Well that’s your first mistake! Facebook is a cesspool of human existence. Only the worst of the worst human beings on earth read that shit.

• 1Solidarity