The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's one of those extract hot sauces that was used by a lot of youtube reactors when the whole spicy food thing took off. It basically got overshadowed by Da Bomb, which is always in the Hot Ones line up. Pretty sure 357 was in the earlier seasons of Hot Ones as well.
da bomb is garbage, just pure capsaisin, no flavor

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a fan of extremely hot sauces from stores or fast food. I can tolerate them, but always go for flavor over heat when its fast food stuff. The processed habanero taste that appears in both habanero and ghost pepper hot things at fast food is just awful. I've always assumed it has to do with ghost peppers being annoying to grow in quantity and having little usable flesh, so they just add chemical capsaicin or something. I've never had a ghost pepper anything that tasted even remotely like eating an actual ghost pepper, which is actually a surprisingly tasty pepper, unlike the much more bitter habanero.

Just gimme some sriracha or cholula.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm not a fan of extremely hot sauces from stores or fast food. I can tolerate them, but always go for flavor over heat when its fast food stuff. The processed habanero taste that appears in both habanero and ghost pepper hot things at fast food is just awful. I've always assumed it has to do with ghost peppers being annoying to grow in quantity and having little usable flesh, so they just add chemical capsaicin or something. I've never had a ghost pepper anything that tasted even remotely like eating an actual ghost pepper, which is actually a surprisingly tasty pepper, unlike the much more bitter habanero.

Just gimme some sriracha or cholula.

Completely agree. The fast food hot sauces are definitely some chemically injured nonsense, in the same sense that there is no part of a cow that allows you to make a legitimate McRib! I was a huge sriracha fan forever, but discovered this sauce while in Belize:

9026__81238.1581119558.jpg

It's cheap, on Amazon, and absolutely delicious. I find it so much better than sriracha!!!

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Completely agree. The fast food hot sauces are definitely some chemically injured nonsense, in the same sense that there is no part of a cow that allows you to make a legitimate McRib! I was a huge sriracha fan forever, but discovered this sauce while in Belize:

View attachment 310527

It's cheap, on Amazon, and absolutely delicious. I find it so much better than sriracha!!!
Marie sharps is great. There's a literal gold mine of good hot sauces if you go to an asian market. Plenty to be found, but you gotta put effort into it. Sriracha and cholula were mentioned because those are the two sauces that tend to walk their way to me, and they are both quality in their own way.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're looking for a good heat, something I recommended to i think Regime Regime years ago is buying a ton of dried ghost peppers from Amazon then grinding them down into actual pepper you can sprinkle on food. I was adding some to my soup for lunches for awhile and was always on the verge of burning my face off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Trader Joe's sells a fantastic grinder of smoked ghost chili flakes. I do a few twists on most things I make nowadays.

The fast food hot sauces are definitely some chemically injured nonsense, in the same sense that there is no part of a cow that allows you to make a legitimate McRib!

Thank god, because Mcrib is "pork." That would be a weird ass cow.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Thank god, because Mcrib is "pork." That would be a weird ass cow.

Ahh, I fucked that one up! :)

Marie sharps is great. There's a literal gold mine of good hot sauces if you go to an asian market. Plenty to be found, but you gotta put effort into it. Sriracha and cholula were mentioned because those are the two sauces that tend to walk their way to me, and they are both quality in their own way.

What do you think of all the knock off sriracha sauces? I've seen handfuls of other brands of them now. Are they good, better?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Ahh, I fucked that one up! :)

What do you think of all the knock off sriracha sauces? I've seen handfuls of other brands of them now. Are they good, better?
I've tried a few, and I always gravitate back to sriracha. Everything else I've had feels like it adds in some gimmick, while Sriracha just aims to make a quality sauce and does it very well.

For trying new stuff I go to the place where the asian market has lao gan ma, gochujong, sambals, mae ploy, and chili oils and just buy things next to them. I don't care what anyone says, I sometimes eat lao gan ma straight from the jar. Shits good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've tried a few, and I always gravitate back to sriracha. Everything else I've had feels like it adds in some gimmick, while Sriracha just aims to make a quality sauce and does it very well.

For trying new stuff I go to the place where the asian market has lao gan ma, gochujong, sambals, mae ploy, and chili oils and just buy things next to them. I don't care what anyone says, I sometimes eat lao gan ma straight from the jar. Shits good.

I had a subscription box hot sauce thing from my ex-wife for a while. There was a Weak Knees Gochujong Sriracha that was really good if I’m remembering. These days the amount of lazy has increased and there’s usually just plain shit in the fridge.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Very true. Especially since the McRib is pork.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Burger King Steakhouse King is good enough. I was ready to say just get Bacon King, but then I got to the sauce. Yum, like A1+Stacker.
So I'd say science that shit with extra sauce.

Edit: Crispy onions didn't even register except in aftertaste.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 310527

I bought this 5 pack on Amazon a while back. This has the larger 10oz bottles.

After using about 1/4 of each bottle, my take on these 5 was:

Green Habanero: 6/10, mixed feelings. OK I guess but I wouldn't seek it out specifically
Smoked Habanero: 4/10, not sure why it turned me off, except the overwhelming smokiness. It's also really easy to over-do it because there's no plastic insert in the neck (sauce is thick, like a paste) so there were a few times I accidentally poured on an obscene amount by accident
White label Habanero: 8/10, I could use this one a lot
Gold label Habanero: 8/10, hotter but still tasty
Comatose Heat: 7/10, not sure if this one is necessary; the others are hot enough IMHO

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's It is literally the greatest ice cream confection there is.

Might be regional though.

View attachment 310389

Best part is, the oatmeal cookie doesn't have any fucking raisins in it! That's my fucking pet peeve, everything oatmeal just HAS to have raisins I guess? Who made that rule??
Fuck me I forgot about them. I think costco used to have them then stopped. They are phenomenal.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Del Taco is expanding their crispy chicken line up a little with Cholula.

$3 Got the crispy chicken ranch, habanero, cholula. Gotta say while I like cholula on other stuff, the habanro fit way better. Not as spicy, but the creamier dressing of the habanaro just fit better imo. Ranch is also great.

I had kinda sworn off del taco for months after they fucked me 2-3 times in a row culminating in my post about when I ordered the fucking $5 Guac crispy chicken burrito and they ran out of guac and gave me the burrito without one of the 2 main ingredients.