The Fast Food Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hit up Sonic for the first time in about 13 years or so? Food isn’t as bad as I remember, not great. But the drinks are baller as fuck.

got a cheeseburger that was actually decent flame broiled. Fries were soggy and soft and that’s their style. Gross. Popcorn chicken in “buffalo” sauce was ok. Decent heat for a drive through.

got a Giant Cherry Limeade and a Cherry slushee that were fantastic

Cherry Limeade is literally the only reason to go to Sonic. Their food is pretty trash tier.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Thanks to the earlier Long John Silver's derail, I stopped and picked up $27 worth.

8 piece family meal w/fish and 8 hush-puppies, a side of coleslaw and a side of fries
+ an additional large order of hush-puppies (12?)

Of course they didn't give me my tartar sauce and malt vinegar so I said fuck it and stopped at the grocery store on the way home.

I'm about halfway through the fish and fries and I'm already starting to slow down

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Had a spicy chicken sandwich from Whataburger. I had them replace the mayo with the sauce from the sweet n spicy bacon burger. Made it pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hit up Sonic for the first time in about 13 years or so? Food isn’t as bad as I remember, not great. But the drinks are baller as fuck.

got a cheeseburger that was actually decent flame broiled. Fries were soggy and soft and that’s their style. Gross. Popcorn chicken in “buffalo” sauce was ok. Decent heat for a drive through.

got a Giant Cherry Limeade and a Cherry slushee that were fantastic
You gotta do tater tots at sonic instead of fries. Their burgers aren’t bad but 90% of the rest of their menu is basically fried food from the Walmart frozen section.

They had a burger awhile back called the Island Fire cheeseburger, was really good.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
WTF, I knew Chicago fucked up pizza, they can't do wings either? What is that crusty shit all over the outside where the beautiful crispy skin should be?

Come the boogaloo, we've got to make sure no one makes it out of that city alive. For the sake of our shared culinary future.
Chicago stuffed pizza I put in the lasagna or calzone category. It isn't pizza.

God damn I hate deep dish though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Not bad. I've never had a churro before though so I can't speak to how good they pulled it off

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you've got a Burger Fi nearby, I recommend their new(ish) spicy chicken sandwich. It claims ghost pepper, but obviously that's fast food ghost pepper (aka not really that hot). However, it has raw jalapenos on it that deliver a nice burst of heat with each bite. The ghost pepper honey mayo is actually more sweet than hot, so it has a nice combo of spicy and sweet. The batter on the chicken is also interesting. It's more of a beer-battered onion ring style than the typical fried chicken coating most places use.

spicy.jpg

• 3Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
McRib tomorrow. I'll probably eat 2-4 this season, they're good but for the money i'd rather just have like 4 McDoubles for the most part. Not eating at least one per Ribbin' Season is heresy, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you've got a Burger Fi nearby, I recommend their new(ish) spicy chicken sandwich. It claims ghost pepper, but obviously that's fast food ghost pepper (aka not really that hot). However, it has raw jalapenos on it that deliver a nice burst of heat with each bite. The ghost pepper honey mayo is actually more sweet than hot, so it has a nice combo of spicy and sweet. The batter on the chicken is also interesting. It's more of a beer-battered onion ring style than the typical fried chicken coating most places use.

spicy.jpg
Tried this a couple nights ago. Definitely a solid chicken sam and the only downside is my location is one block away from Zep's Epiq Sandwiches which has the best spicy chicken known to man. The Red Rocks Hot Chicken.

348s.jpg

Story behind the restaurant is that the guys from Quiznos wanted to start an actual sandwich shop. It was "Quiznos Grill" for a few years before rebranding and redesigning the menu as Zep's. I know it's not a national brand but if you're ever in Denver and like the spice you have to try it.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hated these things and ove had a few churros in my day. Better off just getting the bedrock of CTC (cinnamon toast crunch)
Churros are fucking awesome. Clearly never had that nice one that was crunchy on the outside and nice and soft in the middle.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ohh churros are amazing, that cereal churro thing is horrible. Just tastes like chemicals.
Oh gotcha. Every once in a while you find the ones with the strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate in the middle. Those are pretty good sometimes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
McRib tomorrow. I'll probably eat 2-4 this season, they're good but for the money i'd rather just have like 4 McDoubles for the most part. Not eating at least one per Ribbin' Season is heresy, though.
I haven't had a mcrib in probably 20 years. Am I missing out?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
McRibs suck, but they suck in a special way that a lot of people like once in a while. Every time I have one I make a note to myself to just let it go by next time. I'm not really a fan of sweet BBQ sauce though which is what ruins it for me.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
McRibs suck, but they suck in a special way that a lot of people like once in a while. Every time I have one I make a note to myself to just let it go by next time. I'm not really a fan of sweet BBQ sauce though which is what ruins it for me.

I'm the same way. I had one I think last year. I'm not hankering for one this year.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you like McDonald's BBQ sauce, it's the same they give out for nuggets, then you like the McRib. The combination with the onions and pickles is just tasty. It's definitely not a thing I would eat all the time if it was on the menu full time though. The time between offerings is what keeps it popular.