The Fast Food Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
People who don't like celery grew up around bad cooks who made a final product where the celery still had crunch when it shouldn't have. It's pretty much the equivalent level of cringe to me when I hear that as someone who comes into a steakhouse and asks for the steak well done. I mean they can be functional humans, but is a shallow life like that really worth living? You wont find me eating stalks of that crap, but anyone who's eaten proper southern cooking knows that celery has its place in food.

Trigger warning:

1613326290680.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know this isn't the cooking thread, but celery is an integral part of both mirepoix and the holy trinity. It's a base flavor in all kinds of soups and sauces all over the world. You deserve to get noodled for that. My sister agrees with you though.

Does that mean I can noodle your sister?

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Better her than my mom and my mom ain't bad!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
People who don't like celery grew up around bad cooks who made a final product where the celery still had crunch when it shouldn't have. It's pretty much the equivalent level of cringe to me when I hear that as someone who comes into a steakhouse and asks for the steak well done. I mean they can be functional humans, but is a shallow life like that really worth living? You wont find me eating stalks of that crap, but anyone who's eaten proper southern cooking knows that celery has its place in food.

Yeah, my mother in law cooks with celery and cream of mushroom soup almost exclusively. Anyone had jello with raw celery in it?

limejello2.PNG

• 3Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ford’s Fish Shack in NOVA

1613327752837.jpeg

Crabcake dusted with that old bay

1613327988429.jpeg

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Not horrible in terms of mw meal

View attachment 335018

Gave this a try today, ate what I could because my kids...devoured it...pretty good, I'd eat it again, but Arbys' White Cheddar Mac n Cheese is still better. One thing that seemed off though with the Devour was the fake bacon flavoring throughout, but I did have to mix it pretty well as the sauce was off to one side. The other one was the Loaded Potatoes with Angus Beef and Bacon. That was pretty decent, nice low spice level that had no burn or after lingering spiciness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A chain has popped up crumbl. Sell just big special cookies and milk and tiny ice cream tubs.

Wife went overboard on our first visit bought 12 which is still damn near $3/ cookie. They are big but actually so sweet and decadent that after 2 i was ill.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you find crumbl too sweet, it means you haven't deadened your taste buds with junk food yet. You'll get there one day.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Does the price vary by location? They range from $3.98 to $2.91 (depending on how many you get; why'd you get less than 12 no idea) around here.