sherrie agrees
d7316d3c5441984f3d70f7f05c995eba.png

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I would be interested to know how much actual cooking goes on in different kinds of restaurants. I know cafeterias and such is almost 100% opening cans/bags and heating up pre-cooked stuff. I'm guessing fast food and even places like Denny's, IHop, etc. are not a lot different although there has to be at least someone running a grill and a fryer back there. Do they do prep work or is it all pre-grated cheese and pre-chopped onions and shit?

There was a thread on my town's message board a while back talking about the pizza at a local place that everyone has nostalgia about and they were speculating about if there was a way to get their recipe for pizza. After a while someone who had worked there posted and it was like "It's Sysco crust #7 and Sysco pizza sauce #2". Kind of a letdown.

It’s probably changed but around 15 years ago, Outback made most things in house. The bread, 7 layer cake, cheesecake, were all shipped in. Fries, croutons, dressings, sauces, whipped topping, etc were made there. They had the best honey mustard and their apple dessert was heavenly. I miss the daily seasoned strip or my homemade Alice Springs Pasta.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
my popeyes is shit, so i never got the chicken sandwich, did ppl try to buy a popeyes sandwich and just give up and walk over to chickfila back then?

I live next to a fantastic Popeyes. It’s in the burbs so it’s never too busy outside of 6pm. They always fuck the order up on the sides but it’s usually a good thing. Like you order fries and get large mashed potatoes type stuff so it’s a win win. Yes people would have to go to Chick-fil-A because the lines were insane back when this first kicked off. Now they always have the sandwich in stock. Sometimes I get Popeyes chicken sandwich and driver over and get large waffle fries.

The funny thing is before the sandwich Popeyes was dead and Taco Bell was always hopping now it’s the other way around.

It’s amazing when a company gives the people what they want they print money.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My town has two popeyes but the nearest chik fil a is 45 minutes away. So rustled. We also have a Zaxby's and KFC, but fuck KFC after they dropped wedges.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My town has two popeyes but the nearest chik fil a is 45 minutes away. So rustled. We also have a Zaxby's and KFC, but fuck KFC after they dropped wedges.
I like zaxbys fries.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they add some variety to the fry game. They also have the texas toast garlic bread

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still remember my first apartment after I got married had a Popeyes at the end of our alley. Springtime, windows open, and a south wind... our entire apartment smelled of fried chicken. If they had sandwiches back then I would have gained a hundred pounds.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still remember my first apartment after I got married had a Popeyes at the end of our alley. Springtime, windows open, and a south wind... our entire apartment smelled of fried chicken. If they had sandwiches back then I would have gained a hundred pounds.

Actual footage of Falstaff Falstaff in his apartment.

happy season 3 GIF

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yelp reviews are similar LOL

damn maybe i should start using yelp again, it's just easier to use google cuz they be tracking me everywhere

haha fire whitey, i love it
f145e8813a472c85ac722d36bc759ec7.png

this is probably why the only good fried chicken here is at chikfila, cuz it's white ppl cooking that chicken.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
damn maybe i should start using yelp again, it's just easier to use google cuz they be tracking me everywhere

haha fire whitey, i love it
f145e8813a472c85ac722d36bc759ec7.png

this is probably why the only good fried chicken here is at chikfila, cuz it's white ppl cooking that chicken.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say fuck that boyfriend for being late.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say fuck that boyfriend for being late.
I was thinking the same thing. They might be racist, but the boyfriend sounds like a shit employee. Then again it's not like a lot of smart, motivated, hard working people are looking for a job at Popeye's so it's all relative I suppose.

• 1Solidarity

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I love food, I love these videos, and I may now actually love Texas just a little bit now.

• 2Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Jesus-- I live in a fast food desert... I mean there are McDonald's everywhere but no cool, high-quality, amazing eateries like are popping up all over the US (mostly in non-urban areas).

I have said it before, I have 4 Popeyes near me and they are all, except one, in the heart of the most ghetto, low-income areas. The other is basically on the entrance ramp to the airport. The more risk of getting killed going to a Popeye's, the better the food and the less-likely you are to get what you ordered. The PLUS side of that is no fucks are given with regard to quantity of what you ordered. Order a 3 piece and you're likely to get 5. Order 8 and you get 11/12. It's a asymptotic curve defined only by the size of the box/bag your pieces come in. And, if you say you have a coupon for free 2-piece with a large soda, you get an undefined amount of something... At least 2 pieces of chicken but sometimes tenders, biscuits, mashed-- it's like they don't know what the coupon is for and it's free-for-all. They never even ask for the coupon or receipt. I find hard-core, urban Popeyes to be the BEST.

But I still don't have a good burger spot or cool, 21st generation eatery...

I have a Five Guys, and it sucks ass. Greasy, fatty burgers with soggy, salty fries.