The Fast Food Thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Keep seeing the Screamin' Sicilian at the store, but we've never tried it. Might have to pick one up next time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I generally don't like the square ones since they tend to cook unevenly in the center. Screamin' Sicilian's individual size being square is a huge drawback, the larger pizza is far better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Recently, I was ordering pizza for someone with a severe egg allergy. I called a couple local mom and pop places to check if they use egg in their dough. Places where people are always raving about how great the pizza is. How authentic it tastes and better than chains. Both places said a variation of, "Hmm, well we order the dough in frozen. Let me go check the ingredients on the box."

#AllPizzaIsTheSame
According to kitchen nightmares, all restaurants make their food from scratch until Gordan Ramsay spits it out and checks the freezer. Can't believe they admitted that shit over the phone.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
i remember golden boy having good sicilian
5ec97fd0ac2b7290c56fa64096ae406f.jpg

Golden Boy is fine. Above average. But there are two pizza places within a block from there that are better.

Golden Boy has a nice price point though.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 349460

Pizza scale:
screamin sicilian (really saucey and actually "herby")
newman's
home run inn
tombstone
red baron (classic, thin crust, brick oven [order of preference])
bellatoria
Jacks/tonys
palermo
dijorno rising crust
roma

tombstone so far has now beaten out red baron food a good staple frozen pizza, i see no different crusts tho, maybe only my location.

Tombstone does have a garlic bread crust available as well

It's basically my household "standard" frozen pizza. We eat Jacks when we want a pizza done in 10min or aren't hungry enough to eat a tombstone, and something higher up the chain when they're on sale only (fuck you $10 frozen pizzas).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tombstone does have a garlic bread crust available as well

It's basically my household "standard" frozen pizza. We eat Jacks when we want a pizza done in 10min or aren't hungry enough to eat a tombstone, and something higher up the chain when they're on sale only (fuck you $10 frozen pizzas).
screaming scilian $5.99
newmans $5.99
home run $8.99
tombstone 3/$10
red baron 4/$10
jack's 2.44
dijorno 2/$10

i forget the rest

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Keep seeing the Screamin' Sicilian at the store, but we've never tried it. Might have to pick one up next time.
They are the best frozen pizza I have ever had by far. I tried Digiorno once after Screaming Sicilian came to Publix, as that was my old staple, and it tasted like fucking wood chips in comparison. I was blown away by just how bland it really tasted. I have two pieces left of the exact pizza in Lanx's picture, and even though their super delicious sauce irritates the fuck out of my Crohn's, it was worth it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They are the best frozen pizza I have ever had by far. I tried Digiorno once after Screaming Sicilian came to Publix, as that was my old staple, and it tasted like fucking wood chips in comparison. I was blown away by just how bland it really tasted. I have two pieces left of the exact pizza in Lanx's picture, and even though their super delicious sauce irritates the fuck out of my Crohn's, it was worth it.
i never really heard about screaming sicilian, thats why i wanted to do all this a/b testing myself and really see just what is out there.

honestly tho, i'm kinda tired of frozen pizza lulz

• 2Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
OK, Sevens Sevens I was driving through Goddard today, and I passed a billboard with an Asian chick in a cheongsam/quipao. I didn't have time to get my phone out, but I could have sworn the sign said "Mexican, American and Chinese cuisine". **AND** it's a full bar with karaoke. Da fuq is this? Look at the fucking menu...it has everything!

You've been holding out on us!

That billboard was almost as "WTF?" as the one I saw for "The Bull Attorney" LOL
lol they even serve mountain oysters. I'm gonna guess there's a meat processing plant next door.

• 1Weird Boner

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Recently, I was ordering pizza for someone with a severe egg allergy. I called a couple local mom and pop places to check if they use egg in their dough.
WTF, who would put egg in pizza dough. Is there a pizza dough anywhere with egg in it?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I tried the Screamin Sicilian years ago and didn't think much of it. Maybe I should give it another try.

I tried this one the other day...

PXL_20210420_151849680.jpg

I haven't been to Chicago for years but I don't think making the crust half an inch thick makes it Chicago style. I did appreciate the extra sauce on top of the cheese and it had pretty good flavor, but that crust sucked, especially considering the $8 price tag.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The crust tastes weird to me on the Screamin pizzas.
I had the screaming one, and it was alright, but didn't do enough to stand out for the price tag. For frozen pizzas in the 8$ range, you better do something good if you want me to pick you over the 3-topping 7.99 dominos deal.

For the egg in dough thing, domino's pizza dough doesn't have egg. I'm sure a lot of the others don't too? Also a lot of pizza chains don't make their dough in store because they can get good consistency that way. They'll have some regional place where everything is made and then delivered daily to all the stores. That's why one chain might be shit in one city and then good in the next.

Last edited:

Sevens

Log Wizard
OK, Sevens Sevens I was driving through Goddard today, and I passed a billboard with an Asian chick in a cheongsam/quipao. I didn't have time to get my phone out, but I could have sworn the sign said "Mexican, American and Chinese cuisine". **AND** it's a full bar with karaoke. Da fuq is this? Look at the fucking menu...it has everything!

You've been holding out on us!

That billboard was almost as "WTF?" as the one I saw for "The Bull Attorney" LOL
I have not seen this, but can you guess where Im going for dinner this weekend?

• 1Mother of God

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just caught the Flamethrower burger at DQ, damn I wish this thing was year round.

It's year round here for like the last 15 years. What kind of cut rate DQ are you going to?

• 2Like