The Fast Food Thread

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Edit: Anyway...

Yesterday I heard that St. Louis is slated to get up to six Tim Horton's. I see they are owned by the same company that has Cold Stone Creameries, and those are pretty good.

Is Horton's worth a hoot?

Ichu

Molten Core Raider

Yesterday I heard that St. Louis is slated to get up to six Tim Horton's. I see they are owned by the same company that has Cold Stone Creameries, and those are pretty good.

Nope.

Chesire_sl

shitlord

Other than leonard cohen , just about everything canadian is way over rated

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Canes is godlike in Baton Rouge, but other places they don't prepare it right for some reason.

God I miss Canes. Texas needs to get on the Canes bandwagon.
I haven't looked in a long time, but for a long time I was doing the design and drafting on the steel in each of those. I know at one time we did one in Denver and that was probably 10 years ago so I would expect they were all over by now. I always thought it was "ok" but people loved the sauce, never much cared for it. Being from Baton Rouge and currently working in Baton Rouge I never really noticed them since they are on every street corner it seems.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider

Where i live there are Tim Hortons on every gd corner. It used to be really good about 10 years ago when they baked in house but everything is frozen now.

The coffee is good but its not really coffee....it doesnt taste like good coffee, it tastes like Tim Hortons coffee. Hard to explain to people who dont drint it often.

It is however very affordable for filling meals.

There breakfast stuff is the best fast food breakfast availabls however.

Stuff thats good there. Chili, french onion soup when they have it, sausage breakfast biscuits, peach drink, pretzel bagel, extreme italian sandwhich, fruit explosion muffin and banana nut muffin.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
What's an Angry whopper?
Its a whopper with jalapenos and spicy sauce. Its delicious. The chicken one is fucking fast food nirvana.

Burger King has had some gems. The italian chicken sandwhich that had pizza sauce on it......jesus fucking christ I could eat those all day every day.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
The only good thing about Tim Horton's was their iced drinks. Now that McDonalds has McCafe, there is little reason to care about Tim Horton's in the coffee department. I haven't noticed a single difference in their baked goods since they switched to frozen, and the only redeeming quality of their breakfast menu, that tiny fucking overpriced hash brown that was actually seasoned well, is now a McDonald's hash brown. Also, up until a couple years ago, their sandwich bread may as well have been made out of razor blades.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have heard from people who worked there that they straight up do not clean those McCafe machines because they don't know how. I know I know, "I heard from some guy..." but I did, so fuck you.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Anyone who orders anything "McCafe" is an asshole because it takes forever for the retards working there to put that shit together, and it holds up the whole line. There really should be a separate line/person to do McCafe shit, but every McDonald's around here just has the cashier walk over and do it themselves.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it sounds like I should skip Tim Horton's when I go to Vancouver in August?

After years of watching hockey I figured it must be awesome.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Tim Horton's is pretty good. It's very consistent - you can get the same cup of coffee anywhere in the country, and it's not bad. Prices are better than Starbucks, and I like their doughnuts a lot more than Krispy Kreme's doughnuts. Less sugar, more cake like.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Burger King has had some gems. The italian chicken sandwhich that had pizza sauce on it......jesus fucking christ I could eat those all day every day.
That sandwich was pretty damn good. It would always make me feel like ass though.

Had Taco Bell trip #2 last night. I flaked on the quesarito. I get stage fright looking at the menu it's so large. Went for the shredded chicken burrito. Wasn't too shabby.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
That sandwich was pretty damn good. It would always make me feel like ass though.

Had Taco Bell trip #2 last night. I flaked on the quesarito. I get stage fright looking at the menu it's so large. Went for the shredded chicken burrito. Wasn't too shabby.
You have to get a few Double Decker Tacos, they are the best fast food invention since the goddamn cheeseburger.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Angry Whopper:
rrr_img_69772.jpg

Is very good.

I get iced coffee from McDonald's three times a week to power cleanse after the gym. Don't worry about them taking up too much time, they fuck it up about 30% and don't add one of the three things that are in it (coffee, half n half, syrup). Still great for $1.99 though. And the immediate diarrhea is just a sweet bonus.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I usually don't eat for like 12 hours before the gym, go work out, get an iced coffee, clean my fucking GI 30 minutes later, then really enjoy my dinner(s).

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I usually don't eat for like 12 hours before the gym, go work out, get an iced coffee, clean my fucking GI 30 minutes later, then really enjoy my dinner(s).
You do know that's your body trying to expunge the fungus and fecal form bacteria that is was introduced by the drink and is now festering in your guts, right?

Speaking of which, Taco Bell next to me started serving giant versions of their crispy tacos. Stick to the small ones, the big ones make the taco shell soggy, and the loaf of "meat" looks worse when it is larger.