The Fast Food Thread

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea if you can get those honey chicken biscuits fresh I'd go as far to say they are the best fast food breakfast item out there.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Their chicken tender sandwich is also huge. I used to order the BBQ one with bacon for a long time and it was bigger than a GD whopper.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Their chicken tender sandwich is also huge. I used to order the BBQ one with bacon for a long time and it was bigger than a GD whopper.
My first time in a Wataburger in Texas I asked an employee what her favorite sandwich was. She told me to get the BBQ Chicken Tender sandwich because "it is like heaven on a bun." I ordered it. She was not wrong.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just had Wendy's. First my meal was $xx.51 and the guy handed me back $0.50. Fuckin' score.

Second they said the fries weren't ready and I had to wait.. said he threw in an extra 4pc nugget. Double fuckin' score.
I never understood why places are all apologetic. "We're cooking your food fresh so you know it hasn't been sitting under the warmer for an hour, we're so sorry"

Given how much menus have expanded I usually prefer getting something that is made to order so I know it 100% will be fresh with the bonus of extra treatment along with it. Wendy's spicy nuggets are the easiest way to get good fries.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nuggets are like de facto "sorry for the wait" currency at Wendy's.

btw the Wendy's we went to near the Florida/Georgia border was the best one I've ever been to. My burger was so perfectly constructed it could have been used for a commercial... and this was during the lunch rush!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never understood why places are all apologetic. "We're cooking your food fresh so you know it hasn't been sitting under the warmer for an hour, we're so sorry"
Some places aren't, well at least local places... We have a burger place by my office that has a sign up saying something like... we are not a fast food restaurant, your food is cooked to order, you may have to wait up to 10 minutes.

We also have a sandwich place by one of my offices that has the same sign up...ZENWICH | Asian Inspired Specialty Sandwich Shopwhich is awesome and I'll be sad when I leave my job and can't go there as often.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I cannot get behind the pretzel bun hysteria sweeping the nation. I don't want my sandwich ruined by the taste of pretzel.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Given how much menus have expanded I usually prefer getting something that is made to order so I know it 100% will be fresh with the bonus of extra treatment along with it. Wendy's spicy nuggets are the easiest way to get good fries.
I don't know what the deal was, it was weird. They asked me to pull over and kept saying "sorry" over and over. I then watched as at least 10-15 cars received their orders and drove by. He told me he threw in an extra nugget and I just said thanks. Everything in my bag was perfectly constructed and steaming hot.

I was dressed up so I wonder if the dude thought I was from corporate or something. He kept saying how everything was being made fresh for me. It was weird, but I'll take it.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Don't know where else to put this, but I'm excited for tonight. Going to our local semi-pro baseball team game tonight, home of Baseball's Best Burger!

Enjoy burgers? What about donuts? Here at GCS Ballpark you can get the best of both worlds!Baseball's Best Burger features a thick hamburger, sandwiched in between a krispy kream donut! The burger also features 2 slices of bacon and sharp cheddar cheese to give it the ultimate punch!The famous burger has been around since 2006 and has been a huge fan favorite over the years. If you're a little cautious about trying the tasty burger just take the Grizzlies long-time director of stadium operations word for it "Just eat it. Don't knock it until you try it." Baseball's Best Burger can be found at our two corner concession stands, the Great Grizzlie Grill and Baseball's Best Grill, at any Grizzlies' home game.
I doubt I'll get one of those tonight because it's $1 hot dog night, but I've had one, and it is a taste sensation.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The biscuits and gravy at Whataburger are fucking god like, I swear they have my grandma chained up in the back slaving over the gravy kettle.

You really can't go wrong with anything there, but if it's your first time there get something off the All-Time Favorites section and make sure you get spicy ketchup, it will blow your fucking mind. If it's breakfast get what was recommended by previous posters.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fast food is supposed to be fast, not fresh. If you have to wait, they should be apologetic.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Whataburger burgers and Sonic burgers are almost identical. I like them both so that's fine with me, but there is almost no difference between them. I've you've had Sonic than you've had Whataburger(and vice versa)

Overall I prefer Sonic though because tator tots are the ultimate fried potato form, better than any possible variety of fry.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whataburger burgers and Sonic burgers are almost identical. I like them both so that's fine with me, but there is almost no difference between them. I've you've had Sonic than you've had Whataburger(and vice versa)

Overall I prefer Sonic though because tator tots are the ultimate fried potato form, better than any possible variety of fry.
Never seen a post be so wrong.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

McDonald's hash browns are the best form of fried potato because it's like a giant tater tot.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

I've never had Whataburger, but after what everyone else just posted here, I can't see this being right. Sonic burgers taste like high school cafeteria burgers. Whataburger sounds awesome. And I know it's one of those places people always compare to In-N-Out - which fucking rocks. I never find myself in the south though, so I'm not sure when I'll get the opportunity to try it out.

Column_sl

shitlord
Texans fascination with whataburger still boggles me to this day. Some truly disgusting food easily on the same level as Sonic.

I guess living in a dustbowl they are used to inhaling in shit every day so their taste buds are ruined....
Nothing is as bad as Jack in the Box tho, that place needs to be deleted.

There are some godlike non franchise Burger places in Austin where they make there own soda. Those aren't fast food tho.