The Fast Food Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I went to the County Fair today. It has been years since I have been so I felt a bit festive.

I got Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, a Smoked Turkey leg, and a Funnel Cake.

View attachment 367770
View attachment 367772
No corn dog?!

Traumatized disgust GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Today was a reminder that sometimes you find gems in bizarre places.

Was looking around town to find a new italian joint, and I've been to all the expensive places. Scrolling through the choices I find a restaurant that is the highest rated italian restaurant in town. It was in my mall's food court. I'm going WTF? as I look at the reviews and decide to go give a try. Today I show up and the guy running it is some old italian guy giving shit to everyone trying to order pizza. The rest of the food court is shuttered and for leasing, but his shop is actually kinda busy on a weekday at noon. Things are looking on the up.

Pizza was an extremely legit NY style, one of the two best I've had outside of NY and better than some I've had there. I was utterly shocked when I had the pasta, as it was the real deal home-made stuff, and the sauce was a rustic, perfectly flavored italian sauce. So yea, today I learned mall food isn't necessarily garbage tier fast food.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So yea, today I learned mall food isn't necessarily garbage tier fast food.

That reminds me...

I was in Des Moines a while back. I finished up early and went looking for a place to eat before the 3hr drive home.

I'd seen some pics online not long ago, of a place called Zombie Burger. I think they have 2 locations thereabouts: one that might be downtown (?) and looks like it serves alcohol, and one that's in a mall food court. I went looking for the food court location because 1) easier parking, and 2) I wasn't interested in alcohol at 11am.

I was a bit dubious because this location was in a food court, but I said 'fuck it'.

I got the:

They're Coming to Get You Barbara​

'two grilled-cheese-sandwich' bun, American cheese, caramelized onion, bacon, Zombie sauce

Fries were good, but I didn't come for the fries. The grilled-cheese buns...I don't know if they're special made to be thinner than regular buns, or if they're just regular buns that have been smashed all to shit. I'm not Supertaster enough to tell. But it was good. There was definitely cheese inside of the buns when I tried to peel it apart.

Next time I'm up that way, I'll try the one that has deep-fried mac & cheese for the bun.

1629411332418.png

1629411381451.png

1629411421155.png

1629411473350.png

1629411513772.png

1629411562262.png

1629411639595.png

1629411722678.png

• 5Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That reminds me...

I was in Des Moines a while back. I finished up early and went looking for a place to eat before the 3hr drive home.

I'd seen some pics online not long ago, of a place called Zombie Burger. I think they have 2 locations thereabouts: one that might be downtown (?) and looks like it serves alcohol, and one that's in a mall food court. I went looking for the food court location because 1) easier parking, and 2) I wasn't interested in alcohol at 11am.

I was a bit dubious because this location was in a food court, but I said 'fuck it'.

I got the:

Fries were good, but I didn't come for the fries. The grilled-cheese buns...I don't know if they're special made to be thinner than regular buns, or if they're just regular buns that have been smashed all to shit. I'm not Supertaster enough to tell. But it was good. There was definitely cheese inside of the buns when I tried to peel it apart.

Next time I'm up that way, I'll try the one that has deep-fried mac & cheese for the bun.

View attachment 368065

View attachment 368066

View attachment 368067

View attachment 368068

View attachment 368069

View attachment 368070

View attachment 368071

View attachment 368072
Nothing better than a burger just lathered in cheese. Quality fuckin' calories.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz, i had this video on my "recommended" for two weeks

now you guys can watch too

tldr at night youre supposed to put it through a cleaning cycle which heats up to 151f, and close the store

the failure point pointed out by the tech is that it's probably too full and can't cycle through the cycle, so when store opens up, you see failure code.

that cleaning cycle to me is weird, b/c i know from making coffee that milk starts to break down at 150f (in coffee we use the evil celcius, and thats at 60-65c) this is for steaming milk for espresso's, etc (this is breaking down as in the proteins are starting to separate, but milk curdling is at much higher at 82c)
this has now gone to lawsuit

tldr:
mcdees is a corp, ppl who want to sell mcdees are franchises, they agree to all mcdee terms, franchises also agree that ONLY 1 company can fix/repair the ice cream machines, (the maker / taylor) taylor seeming bricks their machines at will so franchises have to call them back for hundreds of $ of repair bills

1 company, kytch has figured out how to fix all this, 1 franchisee narc'd on them and told mcdees, now lawsuit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
this has now gone to lawsuit

tldr:
mcdees is a corp, ppl who want to sell mcdees are franchises, they agree to all mcdee terms, franchises also agree that ONLY 1 company can fix/repair the ice cream machines, (the maker / taylor) taylor seeming bricks their machines at will so franchises have to call them back for hundreds of $ of repair bills

1 company, kytch has figured out how to fix all this, 1 franchisee narc'd on them and told mcdees, now lawsuit

Chris Farley GIF by Leroy Patterson

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Lays Wavy Funyuns were OK, but did not have a whole lot of Funyun flavor to them. I imagine they would have been greatly improved with some french onion dip.
Pringles Baconator chips are a lot better than the spicy chicken sandwich version. The flavor doesn't diminish after the first one. Unfortunately, after eating half a can I wanted to go get a fucking Baconator at 7am.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pringles Baconator chips are a lot better than the spicy chicken sandwich version. The flavor doesn't diminish after the first one. Unfortunately, after eating half a can I wanted to go get a fucking Baconator at 7am.
You were smashing a can of Baconator Pringles at 7am?

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• 3Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have Detroit style Pizza back at Pizza Hut. It's by far their best pizza.

• 2Barf
  • 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I want this in my mouth.

Ice cream cone filled with caramel, dipped in chocolate and rolled in pecans.

This needs the Phazael Phazael seal of approval

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone tried MrBeast Burger before? Shit just popped up in UberEats for me, but seems weird. I guess they don't have actual locations and just use other locations to make what's on their menu? This shit any good?