The Fast Food Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I ordered Pizza Hut tonight. Got a couple of things, including one of their Detroit-Style pizzas.

So, here's my issue with this...I'm ok with the sauce being on top. But this pizza seems like they baked it dry w/o sauce, put it in the pizza box, and THEN poured warm sauce over the top and shipped it out like that.

Like...why? Why do it like that?

There's even some sauce splatters on the underside of the box top, like they were in such a hurry slathering the sauce on top that it looks like a fucking crime scene.

THEY PUT THE PIZZA IN THE CARDBOARD BOX AND THEN THEY SAUCED IT

I also got a pan crust pizza, and that crust is just completely disappointing.

Bring back the 1980s Pizza Hut

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ordered Pizza Hut tonight. Got a couple of things, including one of their Detroit-Style pizzas.

So, here's my issue with this...I'm ok with the sauce being on top. But this pizza seems like they baked it dry w/o sauce, put it in the pizza box, and THEN poured warm sauce over the top and shipped it out like that.

There's even some sauce splatters on the underside of the box top, like they were in such a hurry slathering the sauce on top that it looks like a fucking crime scene.

Pizza Hut’s Detroit style pizza is simultaneously an insult to Detroit style pizza and the best thing they make. Pizza Hut sucks ass.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1633238124332.png

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

You ordered a style of "pizza" known for putting the sauce on top of the cheese. On purpose.

ygwyfd

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You ordered a style of "pizza" known for putting the sauce on top of the cheese. On purpose.

ygwyfd

Baked with the sauce on top, or baked first and then covered with a jar of Always Save brand spaghetti sauce poured cold over the top?

All of the Detroit Style pizza I've had until now was the former, not the latter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Baked with the sauce on top, or baked first and then covered with a jar of Always Save brand spaghetti sauce poured cold over the top?

All of the Detroit Style pizza I've had until now was the former, not the latter.
Had the B team working that night.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I get that 'racing stripes' are a thing, but I didn't think that was unbaked sauce, either. But googling around some, I guess it exists somewhat?

But anyways, I think the pizza would have been much better just...dry. No sauce. But it still wasn't good, if you know what I'm saying.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Has anyone grabbed the KFC chicken sandwich? I figure there's a better chance that it's good than mcdonalds, but my hopes are never high when it comes to KFC.
It's actually pretty damn good. What sucks is that KFC started making fries and it would be perfect with the old potato wedges.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Valentina Black Label > Tapatio, I have been converted. Similar in heat, but much less acidic taste and a stronger pepper flavor. Used it a handful of times now on things I used to use Tapatio on and all taste much better. Had it on a guacamole bacon burger from Good Times last night, and it was the final straw. No longer will be keeping Tapatio in the cupboard.

1633618092780.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Best Detroit style near me is from a smaller chain, Black Jack Pizza. They call it their deep dish pan, but is square, and cheesed edges like a Detroit style.

Couple web snaps:
1633618685085.png
1633618707670.png

You must be this tall to ride this ride.
Locations:
1633619186012.png

• 3Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Valentina Black Label > Tapatio, I have been converted. Similar in heat, but much less acidic taste and a stronger pepper flavor. Used it a handful of times now on things I used to use Tapatio on and all taste much better. Had it on a guacamole bacon burger from Good Times last night, and it was the final straw. No longer will be keeping Tapatio in the cupboard.

View attachment 376031
No.

1633619332813.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Valentina Black Label > Tapatio, I have been converted. Similar in heat, but much less acidic taste and a stronger pepper flavor. Used it a handful of times now on things I used to use Tapatio on and all taste much better. Had it on a guacamole bacon burger from Good Times last night, and it was the Valentina Black Label > Tapatio, I have been converted. Similar in heat, but much less acidic taste and a stronger pepper flavor. Used it a handful of times now on things I used to use Tapatio on and all taste much better. Had it on a guacamole bacon burger from Good Times last night, and it was the final straw. No longer will be keeping Tapatio in the cupboard.
It’s good but for me nothing comes close to my favorite major Mexican label, the triple X.

1633619334120.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If I was forced to buy from the cheap international isle to get the bargain basement hot sauces, I'd at least buy marie sharps. Pretty much all the hot sauces on the actual condiment isle are miles better than tapatio or valentina's, though. Someone only having one then awakening to the other really feels like my family ordering steaks "Extra well done" when I took them to a nice steak house on a visit. It's just depressing, and I doubt I can do anything to change it.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
TJT TJT
Posted a pic of my current selection a couple pages back, Lula is in the cupboard.

Regime Regime
IMO Black > XXX, but both are staples in my collection for sure. Either on eggs or wings is pretty damn tasty, my main two uses.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
photo_2021-10-07_11-20-04.jpg

Was on the move today, so all you'll get is a gratuitous back of the truck shot, because I had to stop and get out to eat this greasy-ass mess. Didn't quite pull a regime, but knocked off two new to me products in one go. I'll rate the domino's twists with cheese dip as okay. It was good, but it needed something to go with it. If I bought a giant nacho mess from the mexican place next door, it'd probably be a perfect compliment. It had potential, but I didn't realize it here.

The kfc spicy was surprisingly good, and the store really impressed me. All the workers looked and acted like they'd been poached from chik-fil-a and the store was surprisingly clean. The sandwich was definitely of a size that said it was worth the price, unlike places like McD and wendy's. The taste was great, and the sauce had a kick to it that put it on the hotter end of the spectrum of chains. To me it was squarely in competition with the popeye's offering and a bit better than burger kings probably, but those three are so close to me I'd have to trash them back to back to know for sure which is my definite favorite, but chik-fil-a is still the clear winner.

Basically, the KFC spicy falls squarely into the 'worth it' category and gets an A+ recommend from me.

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TJT TJT
Posted a pic of my current selection a couple pages back, Lula is in the cupboard.

Regime Regime
IMO Black > XXX, but both are staples in my collection for sure. Either on eggs or wings is pretty damn tasty, my main two uses.
Yeah I got black label Yucateco and Valentina but not nearly hot enough for me to be my fave.