• 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Valentina Black Label > Tapatio, I have been converted. Similar in heat, but much less acidic taste and a stronger pepper flavor. Used it a handful of times now on things I used to use Tapatio on and all taste much better. Had it on a guacamole bacon burger from Good Times last night, and it was the final straw. No longer will be keeping Tapatio in the cupboard.

View attachment 376031
Good timing, I'm almost out of my regular valentina and I have never tried the black label. Its not as hot as El Yucateco is it? I love spicy stuff but overpoweringly spicy, not so much.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good timing, I'm almost out of my regular valentina and I have never tried the black label. Its not as hot as El Yucateco is it? I love spicy stuff but overpoweringly spicy, not so much.
No barely any spice with more vinegar taste like a Medium Taco Bell packet.

• 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
That is what converted me, Tapatio uses acetic acid as a vinegar substitute. Makes the flavor way sharper than when true vinegar is used.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, blackjack has some really good pizzas. A little surprised they have expanded outside of CO. That's kind of cool.
Ok this is gonna sound bad but my favorite deep dish lately is the WalMart fresh Pan pizza. Not frozen. It's usually up front in a cool case by the deli. Comes in it's own pan to cook. It has Pepperoni already on it and i just add my own toppings. Last time i got it it was actually 2 dollars off because it was Expiring that day and i was there at 8 in the morning.
Took it home and later that night added some pulled pork i had smoked over the weekend,sweet baby ray's and some 5 blend cheese i had lying in the fridge.
It was amazing and unless i'm at some 5 star pizza place no pan pizza is better then buy that one and adding whatever i have in the fridge on top. Perfect crust.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Ok this is gonna sound bad but my favorite deep dish lately is the WalMart fresh Pan pizza. Not frozen. It's usually up front in a cool case by the deli. Comes in it's own pan to cook. It has Pepperoni already on it and i just add my own toppings. Last time i got it it was actually 2 dollars off because it was Expiring that day and i was there at 8 in the morning.
Took it home and later that night added some pulled pork i had smoked over the weekend,sweet baby ray's and some 5 blend cheese i had lying in the fridge.
It was amazing and unless i'm at some 5 star pizza place no pan pizza is better then buy that one and adding whatever i have in the fridge on top. Perfect crust.
Don't sound bad at all to me. I love me some crap pizzas (But not pizza hut), and putting extra toppings on is a full-time hobby of mine. I prefer raw onions and peppers on my pizza, so I pretty much always add that at home. I also drizzle honey over my pizza frequently, and often I have some bacon to add to the mix too, because you never have too much bacon. Also never forget the bottle of ranch for dipping your pizza. Anyone from the south will know.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ranch is the only way to salvage shit tier pizza. Or hot sauce. Or a mix of ranch and franks buffalo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why you'd put the sauce on top of the cheese like in Detroit style. Especially if you're getting it delivered. The viscosity of the sauce compared to the cheese inherently means that it would cool down faster. Who the fuck wants to eat pizza with cold ass sauce on it?

It might be okay if you were dining in I guess. But it's still messier for absolutely no benefit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why you'd put the sauce on top of the cheese like in Detroit style. Especially if you're getting it delivered. The viscosity of the sauce compared to the cheese inherently means that it would cool down faster. Who the fuck wants to eat pizza with cold ass sauce on it?

It might be okay if you were dining in I guess. But it's still messier for absolutely no benefit.
I've never had a problem with it getting cold. The bread/crust is the most important part of a detroit pizza. You want that epic crunch and slight char taste along with a nice light and chewy bread. The biggest problem with sauces is you can't use the normal type of pizza sauce. That's too liquidy and tends to become gross and tacky/dry out on a detroit pizza. You want something thicker and more robust. A chunkier/less processed type of pizza sauce typically is best.

In particular, Pizza hut thought they could cheat this by putting their gross pizza paste on after cooking. Haram.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
the normal type of pizza sauce.
I'd already pretty much perfected my home pizza game except the sauce. Until a couple months ago I learned the truth about pizza sauce, and cracked the last part of the code.

Raw tomatoes - the kind that are so ripe and perfect you want to eat them on their down, but dont, save them for pizza -- salt, pepper, olive oil. Blend it up. Fucking done.

Until I did that I didnt realize how fucked so many pizzas were by the use of spaghetti sauce - cooked, and made with paste. They were fucked even before they decided for some inexplicable reason to assemble the pizza upside down and inside out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Raw tomatoes - the kind that are so ripe and perfect you want to eat them on their down, but dont, save them for pizza -- salt, pepper, olive oil. Blend it up. Fucking done.

Don't get me wrong, I eat lots of trash pizza and enjoy it, but if you're selling and advertising a premium product I have expectations. And that's pretty much what a sauce should be. I'd add a touch of honey to balance the acidity and a few herbs, but I expect a substantial sauce on good pizza.

I know I turned this haul from my garden into a jug of pizza sauce:

wooop.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
These are real good. I'd describe the flavor as Louisiana Bay.

02003_Zapps_2oz_Spicy_Cajuin_Crawtator_Chips_Front_5b438565-e53c-40ae-b5c1-9cdb94f1bf56.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I had Subway for the first time in years because it was buy 1 get 1 figured fuck it. Why not give it a go. Got 2 footlong steak n cheese they normally are like $9 each which seems like a total fucking rip off but hell people are dumb, but even at $4.50 a piece I was quickly reminded why I wrote the place off.

Not only are they stingy as fuck with the toppings. Veggies are cheap you worried about the 8 cents worth of green onions I might get, but the bread and meat I am not even sure were either.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I had Subway for the first time in years because it was buy 1 get 1 figured fuck it. Why not give it a go. Got 2 footlong steak n cheese they normally are like $9 each which seems like a total fucking rip off but hell people are dumb, but even at $4.50 a piece I was quickly reminded why I wrote the place off.

Not only are they stingy as fuck with the toppings. Veggies are cheap you worried about the 8 cents worth of green onions I might get, but the bread and meat I am not even sure were either.
was it made/owned by a paki?