The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This has been said before, but for at least half of the US, there are no options for Detroit style pizza.

And I think I'm being conservative when I say at least half.

I'm in KC, and as far as I know, my options are 1) Little Caesars 2) Pizza Hut. And I'm lucky that's there's even a Little Caesars within 30m of me, because they completely closed down all their locations here years ago.

It's 100 times easier finding St Louis style here than it is to find Detroit style

That's really the key to why Pizza Hut makes so much fucking money: they're fucking EVERYWHERE.
dude ks has such shit pizza i had to burn up like 20 pizzas learning how to cook one and get a dedicated pizza oven

db97de1d0b7b70fb2272426d0e0b64a3.png

and still worth it.

and no joke, with a proper pizzastone, tombstone pizza (i did that huge frozen pizza test) is better than anything ks has to offer.

these ppl don't understand what a "crust" is, i don't think they even use moz

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Well, you made me learn what St Louis style pizza is. Sounds pretty much like the thin pizza you get from Pizza hut/dominos/papa johns.

Heh, I visited a buddy in Seattle about 8 years ago now and he took me to a place that "minnesota style" pizza. I was like, wtf, i've never even heard of that.

Turns out, they're just making shit up, nowhere around here makes pizza like that. I wish I could remember what place it was or what was on it, but it was pretty fucking weird. I guess they just counted on no one in Seattle having a reason to go to the frozen shithole northland.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I remember when someone told me they were eating Cincinnati style spaghetti...I was wtf is that even. Turns out its no so bad really.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
dude ks has such shit pizza i had to burn up like 20 pizzas learning how to cook one and get a dedicated pizza oven

db97de1d0b7b70fb2272426d0e0b64a3.png

and still worth it.

and no joke, with a proper pizzastone, tombstone pizza (i did that huge frozen pizza test) is better than anything ks has to offer.

these ppl don't understand what a "crust" is, i don't think they even use moz

Bro, Casey's pizza is pretty good.

When you factor in that it's from a gas station, it's really REALLY good

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's some really good Detroit style frozen pizzas. I can't remember the brand, may be the Motor City ones, but they're actually top fucking notch. Think we get them from Meijer or even just Walmart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did the trek

1 large Baja Blast
1 spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes
12 piece chicken nugs
1 large fry
Sweet and spicy Siracha is god tier.
1632003299963.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
How long was that trip? Like 45 minutes? I've done some of those. Chik Fil A was probably speedy and MAYBE Taco Bell was, but I KNOW Popeye's made you wait 10 minutes after paying MINIMUM.

The hardest part is not eating the early items in the car while you wait for the later items.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How long was that trip? Like 45 minutes? I've done some of those. Chik Fil A was probably speedy and MAYBE Taco Bell was, but I KNOW Popeye's made you wait 10 minutes after paying MINIMUM.

The hardest part is not eating the early items in the car while you wait for the later items.

Screw that, french fries never make it home

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

No it was under 15 for it all they are all next to each other. Popeyes was 4 mins and I ate the other fry. I have amazing fast food options and service. Popeyes is super fast but they screw up your order if you get too cute with it. 2 Spicy chickens pretty simple and no line at all the places.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
3.png

2.png

1.png

and a Culver's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Hardee's all within 5 minutes.

Welcome to America.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did an Arby’s to Popeyes lunch once because they were across the street from each other. Popeyes took so long I ate both my beef n cheddars in the car while I waited.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Anyone tried Pizza Huts Detroit style pizza yet? It looks good but I’m not a huge fan of the Hut normally.
It’s significantly better than anything else they have, which isn’t saying a whole lot. Decently good but nothing to write home about. It’s kinda crazy because you can get a jets pizza that is bigger and much better for pretty much the same price.

• 3Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Tried this place today. Ended up reminding me of a shitty Steak N Shake.. 2/10 thumbs down sucked asshole.

View attachment 373323

View attachment 373325

23h1o4.jpg
The one near me is basically next to a Culver’s, so we’ve only been to it once. Pretty forgettable and pricey, remember the fry sauce they had being pretty good though.

• 2Like